Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Feb 2014 at 6:46 PM
Default Get Bonus Simpoints?
So I get it that EA wants us to watch some ad and get 5 points a day.... Launcher kept flashing that "Get Bonus Simpoints" ad. But where is it? Clicking on the banner only gets me to the EA store with nothing to see other than ... EA store content.

Is there a trick or something I don't know about?

I work for a living, but I don't necessarily live for a working.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 17th Feb 2014 at 6:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tomomi1922
So I get it that EA wants us to watch some ad and get 5 points a day.... Launcher kept flashing that "Get Bonus Simpoints" ad. But where is it? Clicking on the banner only gets me to the EA store with nothing to see other than ... EA store content.

Is there a trick or something I don't know about?

I've been doing this for a week or so and you get 10 points per add and you can only get a total of 50 points a day. It's above the make me an offer option.

You only live once make the most of it..:)
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Feb 2014 at 7:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by eman72
I've been doing this for a week or so and you get 10 points per add and you can only get a total of 50 points a day. It's above the make me an offer option.

Strange, there is nothing above "Make me an offer", well , beside the regular navigation menu "Premium Content/ Worlds/ Venues/ Sets/ etc..."

Perhaps I already have 2000 points unused so it is not showing that?

Update: My god, EA is Google hater! It does not load on Chrome but loads on Internet Explorer.

Instructor
#4 Old 17th Feb 2014 at 7:15 PM
This is the forum page for it http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/673494.page

Note: If you are at the maximum account limit of 35,000 SimPoints, you will not be able to earn anymore SimPoints from this opportunity until your existing balance has been consumed to make room.

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 17th Feb 2014 at 7:20 PM
Yes, I am racking points now. I am missing out so much.

I am going to clean out all the Premium content with this method

Instructor
#6 Old 17th Feb 2014 at 7:22 PM
To bad it wasn't 500 points a day

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 17th Feb 2014 at 7:54 PM
To bad it wasn't 500 points a day

Would be nice, but at this rate Sims 3 store will be out of business in matter of months. I am happy with 50 points ... 10 days 500, 40 days 2000 and I can get a free venue (looking at the new artsy one). Not worth spending $19 for the L shaped stair, but playing this watching ad game is ok by me.

Instructor
#8 Old 17th Feb 2014 at 8:03 PM
If they gave us 500 a day, imagine the new cost of store items. Like toddler hair being 750 points.
Alchemist
#9 Old 17th Feb 2014 at 8:20 PM
*Valid in US only.*

Well, that was a nice slap in the face. Thanks a bunch, EA.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 17th Feb 2014 at 9:18 PM
It's not giving me the option to collect any free simpoints. Is it because I have adblocker on?
Instructor
#11 Old 17th Feb 2014 at 9:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
It's not giving me the option to collect any free simpoints. Is it because I have adblocker on?

I use Firefox and have the Sims store set as an exception

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 18th Feb 2014 at 4:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by varpunen
*Valid in US only.*

Well, that was a nice slap in the face. Thanks a bunch, EA.

It's not too hard to go around that. Register/change your location to USA and use a proxy server.

Scholar
#13 Old 18th Feb 2014 at 6:12 AM
i have been doing this for months now...did it daily for awhile and got nearly 1000 points for free...
Forum Resident
#14 Old 18th Feb 2014 at 9:10 AM
I go to town when they have things on sale. (Got the Al Fresco Market, Cinema Plumbob, and the Stonesthrow Greenhouse for real cheap with free points during the cyber monday sale.) Waiting for sales makes my free points stretch even further. Can't tell you all the sets I've finished using my free points, too... 95 simpoints here, 30 simpoints there, and lots of sets completed.
Test Subject
#15 Old 13th Jun 2014 at 4:33 PM
But the offer didn't pop out.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#16 Old 13th Jun 2014 at 5:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tamia1009
But the offer didn't pop out.
It's currently turned off because of - surprise! - a bug.
Forum Resident
#17 Old 13th Jun 2014 at 10:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by babele44
It's currently turned off because of - surprise! - a bug.

Well i am shocked.. Ea put something out there and it has a bug... Who would've thunk..

I hate it when the voices in my head talk about me as though I were not there...
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#18 Old 13th Jun 2014 at 10:27 PM
It's because they have **only** had 5 years to get at least their own website right, and people working at EA get constantly hit by cars or, more probably, fired on a regular basis or are too busy "listening" to their fans on Twitter and Facebook...