Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 5:33 AM Last edited by Delphy : 8th Mar 2006 at 5:41 AM.
Default More download and Site changes
Hi All,

As you may be aware, MTS2 constantly strives to improve it's service and flexibility for members and guests. With the recent introduction of the Requires icons for the download section, we identified a need to be able to search on different parameters and filters, and also included some old "to-dos".

CHANGES TO THE DOWNLOAD BROWSER

The main change is the new "filter" section on the download browser. It has the following 3 "modes":
  • Show All Downloads
    This mode allows you to easily browse through all downloads regardless of EP required.

• Compatible Downloads Only - members only
    This is brand new, and will automatically pick up the Games you have bought from your user profile. No more unticking boxes for expansion packs you don't own! This is now the DEFAULT mode for members when they go to the download browser!!

• Advanced Mode
    This mode allows you to search for downloads that meet specific EP Required criteria and works very similar to the old "Required" on the download browser.

In addition to these changes, the filters selected now carry through between sections. So you can, for example, go to the Body Shop forum and set your filter to show only Meshes. Then you can easily drill down through the sections without having to reset your filters every time.

Lastly, we have improved the "feel" of this filter section and we hope it's a little easier to use.

Remember that creators need to tag thier downloads correctly for the filters to truly work properly, and remember also to update your User Profile with the games you have purchased!

CHANGES ON THE DOWNLOAD PAGES
  • We have moved the category of item up to the Navigation bar so you won't see any more "Lots over 20k - My house" as the main title on the screen.
  • The current section and category within the Navbar are clickable, which means you can easily go back to the section or category you where browsing to search for more great downloads

OTHER CHANGES
  • Avatar uploads are now back. Existing avatars have not been affected and remember to read the avatar rules when uploading a new one.
  • Forums and sections can now be set to display in the new article view which should make browsing and using of tutorials in the Create and Game Help sections even easier for our members.

We hope you all enjoy the new changes and that they make your search for quality downloads much easier and more enjoyable!

Regards,
Delphy & The MTS2 Staff

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Advertisement
Super Moderator
staff: senior moderator
#2 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 5:41 AM
Im first- YOU ROCK! haha
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#3 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 5:47 AM
Great job, Delphy It took a while to get it all ironed out, but I think it's so much easier now. :D

DDO
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#4 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 5:49 AM
My brain is going to explode now. :D

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 6:16 AM
cool...well im mosly happy that I can now change my avvie it was getting old and yea.....
Forum Resident
#6 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 6:29 AM
Thanks for clearing all of this up, Delphy. I really appreciate how professionally you run this site. You're very accomedating and you work so hard for the Sims community. We're all really lucky to have you.

Julie =)

"I'm thinking about how if you took the W in answer, and the H in ghost, and the extra A in aardvark, and the T in listen, you could keep saying WHAT but no one would ever hear you because the whole word would be silent." - 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee
Scholar
#7 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 7:12 AM
Thanks Delphy this makes things a whole lot easier.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#8 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 8:19 AM
Nice one!

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Test Subject
#9 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 10:15 AM
I like.. I like
Scholar
#10 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 12:27 PM
Great changes,
Off to test out browsing now
thanks

Please note - I'm not taking any requests at the moment.

You may include my items in your uploads but please credit with a link to either the object or my creator page please.

My Sims 2 videos
Test Subject
#11 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 1:39 PM
This may not be the place to mention this but here it goes anyway!

Apart from the fantastic downloads section, the thing I always loved most about MTS2, was the "most recent posts" section. particularly when it didn't include the latest downloads. It was where I went first, before even checking out the downloads section.

It was a quick way to find out what was going on on the site in general and often drew attention to unusual events and problems that are now difficult to chance finding in amongst the many sections of MTS2.

I truly miss it and hope you bring it back! :wave:
On a Radical Sabbatical :)
retired moderator
#12 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 2:47 PM
trilink2002,

It's still there

You can decide which forums you want to display in the New Posts section. Just go to your Forum Subscriptions (in your User Control Panel). Select the forums that you want to see listed in New Posts. Then New Posts will only display the forums you have selected. (All forums are selected by default. So just remove the subscriptions you don't want.)

On a side note, any *threads* you have subscribed to will also appear in the New Posts page -- regardless of whether you have chosen to subscribe to the forums in which they are posted.

So personally, I just subscribe to the Welcome to MTS2 section and the Build Discussion sections. I also subscribe to all of my own downloads threads, so that I can see when/if someone replies. So now New Posts only shows the info I want! Yay!

Hope that helps

At the moment we are trying to put our lives in order. But this is not an end in itself. Our real purpose is to fit ourselves to be of maximum service to God and the people about us. -- The Big Book

I will be inactive indefinitely.
Blog
Slacker of Immense Slackness
retired moderator
#13 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 3:56 PM
Its always amusing to me when someone calls the Delph *professional*...ahhhh if certain walls had ears, and hands to write with and an account ..... ahhhhh.

No really Delphy this is awesome - if I didn't know any better I would say you are being affected by the utter ocd'ness of a lot of your staff

ps: please add a *don't show anything purple* filter =)

<:3))~~ Loverat
"In some cultures what I do is considered normal"

www.loverat.net Check it out for other recolours & lot uploads =D
Test Subject
#14 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 4:06 PM
Wonderful!!
Field Researcher
#15 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 4:44 PM
Great idea! Will make it so much easier to find specific items for all users!

Thank you so much! :D
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 5:50 PM
Great Job!! Thank you
Scholar
#17 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 8:27 PM
Oooh Delphy this is good stuff right here! I'll have to see if I like it though.
Test Subject
#18 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 9:19 PM
nice

"When you're on your knees, you may feel like you're up. So let's really stand up and we will be Giants"
- Paul Piche (Quebec Singer)
Top Secret Researcher
#19 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 9:24 PM
Thanks for this. I love this site, it rocks :hippy:

*..·´°*°·..*..·°** { 7-zip here } **°·..*..·´°*°·..*
Michelle in England.
I'm a friend to everyone ;o)
*..·´°*°·..*..·°** { CEP here } **°·..*..·´°*°·..*
Scholar
#20 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 11:30 PM
What a great change! It will make it so much more easier to browse!

♦ Animal Lover, Eco Friendly, Loner, Perfectionist, Vegetarian ♦

Sensitivity is strength.
Scholar
#21 Old 9th Mar 2006 at 12:10 AM
I love changes :gonemad:

I'm A WHIZ KID.
Wanna see me whiz?
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 9th Mar 2006 at 2:01 AM
Thanks Delphy,

Even though I have a site to work on, with new forum, this is the first stop that I hit when I fire up FireFox to browse the web. You run this place very well, and have a crackerjack crew to help. Though it may not mean much to you, you all have my admiration for the job that you all do. Till later,

I remain,

Birman

Birman Kat aka mal1958

A fantastic wife, a fantastic son, My computer, and The SIMS 2. Life is good!

"I prefer to be true to myself, even at the hazard of incurring the ridicule of others, rather than to be false, and to incur my own abhorrence." Frederick Douglass
Forum Resident
#23 Old 9th Mar 2006 at 2:38 AM
Making things more convenient is just what I like! Thank you very much for keeping this site as good as it can possibly be, Delphy!

P.S. Thanks for allowing us to change our avatars again! :banana: :banana:
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 9th Mar 2006 at 2:51 AM
Hey Delphy, is genius too strong a word? Great job. This way I can miss all the OFB downloads that leave me drooling for that expansion. Great job. I :valentine this site.

I walked into your dream and now I've forgotten how to dream my own dream. Tori Amos
Field Researcher
#25 Old 9th Mar 2006 at 3:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
My brain is going to explode now. :D

Well, In that case, you better get a bucket, and a mop. And thanks, this will make my life easier. :wave:

Faster than a speeding Loogie. More gas that a Retirement Home. Able to leap tall snot nuggets in a single bound. It's....Booger Man!
Page 1 of 2