Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Feb 2011 at 11:18 AM
Default Problems with thumbnails
Hi all!

I need help one more time..

I made a long dress (frankenmesh) using TSRW and i want to put my costume thumbnails (it created three thumbs because the frankenmesh).
So, when i try to open it in CTU, it shows a message that the key is not in the correct format. I uses Delphy's multi installer to make the package.

I opened the dress into Postal but there just shows one thumbnail; tried to open into s3pe, but i couldn't find the png files to change.
The only place where i can put my thumbs is into CTU.

Please, can someone help me?!

Thanks!
Advertisement
Sockpuppet
#2 Old 3rd Feb 2011 at 2:37 PM Last edited by BloomsBase : 3rd Feb 2011 at 2:54 PM.
Why not open it with TSRW and attache the custom thumbnails?

You can not open packages made with TSRW in CTU or vice versa, both store/save the patterns diffrently.

In TSRW:
Create new project
New import
next
Browse to your sims3pack(at the bottom of the popup window you change the WRK format to sims3pack format)

At the bottom of the Clothing Project tab you can change the launcher thumbnail
At the bottom of the Texture tab you can change the CAS thumbnail(you can do this for each recolor) under parthighlightning
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Feb 2011 at 12:00 AM
Oh my friend, i just learn one more thing with you!!
Thank you sooooo much for save me once more!!!

Love you!!!!!!!!!
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 5th Feb 2011 at 7:35 PM
I'm tryng make the same frankenmesh (what related above) to elder but i would need a base fulloutfit wich has two lods for each of the three lods.
Do you know some?
Sockpuppet
#5 Old 5th Feb 2011 at 8:00 PM
The ef body flight suit
Theorist
#6 Old 5th Feb 2011 at 9:48 PM
Technically it just needs to be something with 2 groups all throughout (age and gender doesn't matter because you can change that to whatever you want), you can use the same base as the adult version.

Hi I'm Paul!
Sockpuppet
#7 Old 5th Feb 2011 at 10:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Robodl95
Technically it just needs to be something with 2 groups all throughout (age and gender doesn't matter because you can change that to whatever you want), you can use the same base as the adult version.

You can with CTU and older versions of TSRW but i think they changed that on the latest one.
I always get errors when trying(even if i save the WRK inbetween)
Scholar
Original Poster
#8 Old 5th Feb 2011 at 10:27 PM

I don't know if i understood but, when you use the adult's base for making elder clothing, you will have a seam at the junction of neck and head.

Am I wrong?

There is a way to use the same mesh for all ages without use the specific age clothing as base?

@Base: Thank you so much!!!
Theorist
#9 Old 5th Feb 2011 at 10:55 PM
I thought you just had to import the meshes you already made

Hi I'm Paul!
Scholar
Original Poster
#10 Old 6th Feb 2011 at 12:34 AM
I thought you just had to import the meshes you already made

I can try but i'm afraid that it will cause the issue that i told you because the morphs are diferent and i can't make it with CTU (there is lod_3 and lod_3_1) and my TSRW's version is the lastest.
Sockpuppet
#11 Old 6th Feb 2011 at 12:39 AM
Robodl means:
Clone a adult female with 2 groups for every lod
Load the elder meshes in it
Load the elder textures in it
Set it to elder