Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#26 Old 20th Mar 2012 at 9:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pixelhate
An excellent Machinima about the matter : here

First!
You totally stole that.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Advertisement
Scholar
#27 Old 22nd Mar 2012 at 2:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
First!
Fake ! Fake ! Fake !

Understand Material definition-TXMT and customize the look of your objects ! This way

"The longer something exists in this world, the more wear and tear it will have."
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#28 Old 22nd Mar 2012 at 4:59 PM
I have been watching this thread and so far I have refrained from posting LAST! and closing it .

On topic: those first posters are just pests.

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Scholar
#29 Old 22nd Mar 2012 at 9:15 PM
It's sad, (Pathetic really) that those, might I quote "attention whores" of the internet get far more attention than those who take time to post something intelligent. As the ones who thoroughly read post later and get shoved all the way to the end of the posting list receiving less fame than dirt. The reason why I have such strong feeling about this is because I compared to real-life (I would recommend others doing this as well.) From the beginning of kindergarten who gets more attention the popular ones, or the intelligent, ethical, remotely sensible ones? Huh? EVEN KINDERGARTNERS do this without realizing the psychological means of it. I wonder if it's just the human hardwired into our genetics or just our selfish, screwed up society that inevitably results into parents.

Just call me Blake! :)
Hola, hablo español también - Hi, I speak Spanish too.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#30 Old 22nd Mar 2012 at 10:05 PM
I, however, have no such restraint. I am an evil bitch though, so...

PENULTIMATE!

Go on, then. You know it's inevitable.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Mad Poster
#31 Old 22nd Mar 2012 at 10:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by whiterider
I, however, have no such restraint. I am an evil bitch though, so...

PENULTIMATE!

Go on, then. You know it's inevitable.

Last? Well I'm no mod so I can't close it.

I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT.
Scholar
#32 Old 22nd Mar 2012 at 11:01 PM
Really!? Didn't we just bring up the " This will be the last comment mwuahahahah" subject?

Just call me Blake! :)
Hola, hablo español también - Hi, I speak Spanish too.
Scholar
#33 Old 22nd Mar 2012 at 11:36 PM
I wouldn't compare Internet to real life.
Internet is a place where you can act and talk stupidly in front of others while remaining anonymous and without assuming your acts, you just need to know how to use a computer. The worst that can happen to you is to be kicked out.

So yes, those useless post are annoying but it's up to you to give them support by offering them attention...or not. The more you react to them, to more you make them important.
I'm grateful to the admins and mods here to take care of this annoyance for us, so we can share, discuss and have fun peacefully.

I'm a little bit more concerned about the fact that Internet is also a place where you can come out with a stream of abuse and let pour anger and frustration without any restraint with impunity. A lot of popular places are plagued with hatred. What is easy is tempting...

Understand Material definition-TXMT and customize the look of your objects ! This way

"The longer something exists in this world, the more wear and tear it will have."
Inventor
#34 Old 23rd Mar 2012 at 12:06 AM
On the internet you can be whoever you want. It's strange that so many choose to be stupid.
Theorist
#35 Old 23rd Mar 2012 at 12:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by malfoya
It's strange that so many choose to be stupid.

I have no confidence that this is a choice. I think in real life people are simply more circumspect about revealing just how dumb they really are.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#36 Old 23rd Mar 2012 at 12:55 AM
Crap, you beat me to stealing that for my sig, malfoya - even if Mistermook's point is depressingly valid .

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Inventor
#37 Old 23rd Mar 2012 at 1:14 AM
I've just been having that quote on my mind the last few weeks!
I do think that some people try to hide their stupidity in RL though, but it's easy to reveal those.. and most likely they are not people that are outside very much ;P
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 24th Mar 2012 at 7:52 PM
I think people just feel ''important'' or just wanna say something random.I get a bit annoyed by seeing I'm first or I have the blah blahth post in here,but only when they say without mentioning something else.I do that rarely just to say something fun-not because I find posting first or whatsoeverth very important- but first I always talk about something else,which is the real point of my reply.

As well as I find just talking about that annoying,I also find it annoying when people insults someone saying that.No need to do that!
Theorist
#39 Old 7th Apr 2012 at 11:12 AM
"FIRST!" is a harmless social game that we are obliged to play. The first person claims first and everyone afterwards jokingly complains. Yeah, I've never heard of a case where someone was murdered over it, so it's fun at best and annoying at worst.
Top Secret Researcher
#40 Old 7th Apr 2012 at 4:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Redhead Creations
What are people's thoughts on this?

Am I showing my age by getting annoyed when I see people leaving "I'm first!" or "First comment!" on posts? Especially when that's ALL they say, not providing any other detail or comment?

I'm only bringing this up here because it's started to creep up on MTS. Over the last few weeks I've noticed some of the newer downloads being put up have had "First comment" posts tacked onto them.

Should these posts be removed when they don't provide any other type of comment, critique, suggestion, praise? Is it part of the 1st amendment? Am I the only that that's annoyed by this?

(Already prepared for the funny guy/girl that says "First" to this...) =)

I know, isn't that annoying? I've seen that on Youtube before, too...

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop? The world may never (falling anvil drops on head)
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 17th May 2012 at 8:46 AM
I think trolls only post "First!" because they know the commotion it will bring. Honestly, have you ever once saw a "First!" comment that wasn't followed by a "Nobody cares if you're first, you're so stupid!" or a "So? What do you want? A cookie?" comment and so many more. I personally find the endless replies to the first commenter far more obnoxious than the troll them self.
Top Secret Researcher
#42 Old 17th May 2012 at 10:36 AM
Bird pretty much said what I think about it ^

At least a first post stops at first post (or 2nd if they are slow). Now say that fast!

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Test Subject
#43 Old 27th May 2012 at 4:57 PM
oh this does me head in to
Field Researcher
#44 Old 28th May 2012 at 8:19 AM
I don't really understand it either. I mean even a post that just says I agree is warranted sometimes but first comment adds no chance of any discussion.
I see this "first comment" a lot on gossip sites so it's mostly a younger thing and if they're doing it to be popular, wth? first of all that won't get you any brownie points with other internet users, second of all why is being popular on the internet so important..sure it's nice to have internet friends (as someone who loves to chat on the internet I can certainly understand this) but popularity on the internet usually involves shallow things and what is popularity on the net going to get you anyway? it's not like being a real celebrity where you can get money, lots of stuff etc. out of it

however I think Bird might be right. a lot of the times it does seem like a troll because this meme has been around long enough to make the majority of internet users who do it most likely already know what kind of replies they would get out of it
Scholar
#45 Old 28th May 2012 at 9:00 AM
Who was the first "first" ? That's the one to blame !

Instructor
#46 Old 28th May 2012 at 10:10 AM
Reading this thread, I immediately thought of Youtube.

And oh god, the Youtube comment section is like the epitome of human stupidity.

So. Much. Rage.
*breath*

Anyway,
Any site that allows people to post useless stuff like "first comment" is not a site worth posting in.

♥ ❤ ❥ Tumblr (which I never update) ♥ ❤ ❥
My Blog
Instructor
#47 Old 29th May 2012 at 11:59 PM
I guess I'm the only one that's not bothered by it... I see this kind of thing on Facebook all the time, I think it's just a silly thing people do, for example, if a celebrity posted something, you would want to be FIRST to kind of get their attention and show that you're a devoted fan. But I've never seen anybody on THIS site do it... Gosh, you're right, that sounds bad.

♫ She's got sunset on her breath, I inhaled just a little bit now I got no fear of death ♫
Field Researcher
#48 Old 25th Jun 2012 at 5:12 PM
Am I the 47th? I have no idea

But yeah the problem is most posts on sites are crowded with 1st 2nds and 3rds because it apparently matters so much to them. Obviously they're stupid and unoriginal people who never deserved to get past the first grade, but that's not nice to point out to them even if it's true.

Page 2 of 2