Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Dec 2014 at 3:24 PM
Default Naming mod issues
I'm trying to make my own naming mod, but all the tutorials I find are very unclear and since Name2Simpe has no read me, I'm completely stuck.

The tutorial I am trying to follow is this one by ijustneedsomeeyes, based on Jordi's explanations. I'm stuck at step 5.

When I run the program, it appears to do something to SimPE files as the date on them change, but xml files are untouched. When I try to implement said SimPE files into live.package, I get an error. It does replace the existing file, but the replacement is empty.

I googled, and found this thread over at GoS where someone has the same problem, and Almighty Hat helps them. The original tutorial says to repeat the exact same list under 0,1, 0,2 and 0,4. Almighty says to only put 50 names under each, doubling the number each time. I re-did my files, and tried that. I still get an error, but it does add a file. The file appears empty at first, but if I scroll through different languages, I find parts of my list. However, that only happens with male first names. Female first names, and last names, are completely empty.

I'm thoroughly confused. Different sources contradict, no instructions for the program, errors I don't understand. Has anyone out there done this, and knows what is going on?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2 Old 27th Dec 2014 at 2:20 AM
Holy guacamole I got it to work.

Reading comments in Jordi's original thread, I saw you can make one from scratch as well, and I decided to try and see if that makes a difference (as opposed to trying to replace parts of an existing mod). I re-did everything from scratch, and added it to an empty package file, and it works. No idea why it decided to behave today, but I'm very grateful it did.