Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Nov 2013 at 5:15 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Invisible files in Saved Sims
Just a very quick question to make sure that something is safe. A couple of Saved Sims projects were driving me crazy because they refused to disappear in Bodyshop despite me being sure I'd deleted everything that they were attached to.

They didn't show up in my Saved Sims folder, but while poking around I discovered that there were 3 files that the list of files under 'Properties' showed, but they did not show otherwise. So, I transferred all the visible files to another folder, checked 'Properties' and there were still 3 files despite the folder claiming to be empty. So I deleted that folder and made a new Saved Sims folder and the file lists matched and the things were gone from Bodyshop.

I am presuming that the three invisible files were dodgy saves or something that weren't showing up properly. But ... I thought that I should check that there weren't supposed to be invisible files in Saved Sims that I shouldn't delete?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2 Old 29th Nov 2013 at 3:18 PM
Noone knows?
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 29th Nov 2013 at 9:44 PM
There aren't any hidden files in my SavedSims folder, so I'm completely baffled at your case. What were those files called?
Site Helper
#4 Old 30th Nov 2013 at 12:47 AM
Have you made sure to display hidden files in your SavedSims folder?

Have you tried making the files visible? Just choose Properties on the folder and make sure that hidden is unchecked. If it asks whether to do all of the files inside the folder, say yes.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th Dec 2013 at 8:21 AM
Yeah, I tried all that. Didn't make them show up.

I don't know what the files were, as they only ever showed up in the list of files under 'Properties'.

But, nothing seems to have borked from removing them, so I guess they were just dodgy Bodyshop saves.

Thanks anyway.