Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Mar 2017 at 7:26 PM
Default WCIF a collection of plasticbox's sims 2 lots (bc i'm lazy and cannot download over 1500 lots seperately)
Can plasticbox or someone upload a zip/rar/7z file of lots by plasticbox please. I love every lot made by plasticbox and am in desperate need of their lots for my custom neighborhood that I am currently building thankyou
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 12th Mar 2017 at 8:12 PM
You're still gonna have to install them one by one, you might as well break up the monotony by downloading them too .

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 12th Mar 2017 at 8:15 PM
If you mean the ones here at MTS, there are only around 300 lots for TS2 by Plasticbox, not 1500. It would probably take them as much time reuploading the lots in one (giant) file as it would take you to download the ones you like one by one.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 12th Mar 2017 at 8:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
If you mean the ones here at MTS, there are only around 300 lots for TS2 by Plasticbox, not 1500. It would probably take them as much time reuploading the lots in one (giant) file as it would take you to download the ones you like one by one.

There are at least 1500 Sims 2 lots, go see for yourself.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#5 Old 12th Mar 2017 at 8:30 PM
No there are about 300-400 here on this site. And some of those are TS4 and TS3 lots. If PB uploaded more elsewhere there may be more than that to find but there are 300 or so here which is what Simmer22 was saying.

Edit: just checked PB's TS2 lots start on page 7 (last one) of her 32 pages of lots which is approximately 78% of the total. She's listed as having done 382 lots and housing uploads which is about 298 TS2 lots. That's still a lot of course.

And that's my maths fix for the day.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#6 Old 12th Mar 2017 at 9:01 PM
Oh the irony..
You DO realize that someone would've had to download each of those lots separately just so they could upload them in one big file, right?
Mad Poster
#7 Old 12th Mar 2017 at 9:59 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 12th Mar 2017 at 10:11 PM.
Plasticbox's TS2 houses: http://modthesims.info/browse.php?g...ype=1&&u=178282
Says "Showing 300 items", so unless the counter on MTS is wrong, 300 houses it is. If you also count TS3/TS4, you can add 82 more items. (by the way, I've not taken into account if there are multiple houses on each download page, or the downloadable neighborhoods with houses - but you still won't reach 1500).

If you've just clicked "lots and houses" on the front Download page, you'll get about 1500 pages (18000ish individual downloads) - http://www.modthesims.info/browse.p...showType=1&gs=1

Assuming someone will do all the work for you just because you're lazy usually won't get you anywhere.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#8 Old 12th Mar 2017 at 11:55 PM
Woah - way to go maxon. Magnificent estimating skillz there even if I say so myself.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 13th Mar 2017 at 7:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Plasticbox's TS2 houses: http://modthesims.info/browse.php?g...ype=1&&u=178282
Says "Showing 300 items", so unless the counter on MTS is wrong, 300 houses it is. If you also count TS3/TS4, you can add 82 more items. (by the way, I've not taken into account if there are multiple houses on each download page, or the downloadable neighborhoods with houses - but you still won't reach 1500).

If you've just clicked "lots and houses" on the front Download page, you'll get about 1500 pages (18000ish individual downloads) - http://www.modthesims.info/browse.p...showType=1&gs=1

Assuming someone will do all the work for you just because you're lazy usually won't get you anywhere.

There are 5 pages each full of 300 lots by PB. 5 x 300 = 1500 (maths) therefore I would have to separately download each one in order to have them all, therefore I would be wasting time downloading when I could be adding PB's lots to my nhood
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#10 Old 13th Mar 2017 at 8:55 AM
That's impossible because Plasticbox doesn't even have 1500 downloads available here, she has 729. 382 of those are lots with 300 of them being TS2 downloads. I have no idea how you're seeing something totally different than everyone else in this thread is seeing.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#11 Old 13th Mar 2017 at 9:22 AM
She does have lots in her hoods, which you might find a better way of getting chunks of lots at once. http://modthesims.info/browse.php?f...wAll=1&u=178282

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#12 Old 13th Mar 2017 at 10:58 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 13th Mar 2017 at 11:20 AM.
All I could find was a couple of topics with 10+12 houses, plus the neighborhoods with roughly 50 houses each.

I have seen a couple of topics on here with a lot of houses - but I don't think those were by Plasticbox.

If you know of something else, maybe post a link?
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#13 Old 13th Mar 2017 at 11:46 AM
"Showing 300 items" is the total download count, covering all pages, not the number of downloads on the page you're looking at.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Inventor
#14 Old 13th Mar 2017 at 3:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sims123Addictions
There are 5 pages each full of 300 lots by PB. 5 x 300 = 1500 (maths) therefore I would have to separately download each one in order to have them all, therefore I would be wasting time downloading when I could be adding PB's lots to my nhood

So basically, you want others to 'waste' time to do the work for you while you can't be bothered but you are the one who benefits from it.
Sorry, I think you're asking too much.
And while you were busy here trying to prove there were 1500 downloads while others pointed out there were less you already could've downloaded a bunch of the lots you wanted.
Maybe you find my comment harsh, but you can't always expect others to do something you're not willing to do.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#15 Old 14th Mar 2017 at 8:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sims123Addictions
(bc i'm lazy and cannot download over 1500 lots seperately)

But who will you get to install the lots into your game?
Inventor
#16 Old 14th Mar 2017 at 9:35 AM
^ I will make the supreme sacrifice as a labor trade. I'll spend five hours downloading and installing for four hours of weed pulling ( not virtual, mind you... real weeds with goatheads and other pleasant pointy things) in return. My cat litter boxes need changing too, all three of them. Any takers?

Shotgunning bland cucumbers since 1974
Mad Poster
#17 Old 14th Mar 2017 at 10:46 AM
I'd like to point out that I have no idea how many hours plasticbox spent on building those houses - but I have a feeling it took her a lot more time to make them one by one than it would take anyone to download them one by one
Mad Poster
#18 Old 14th Mar 2017 at 12:31 PM
Then there's this question: once you do find all the lots, download and install them, who will play your game?

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 15th Mar 2017 at 5:18 PM
If you really want them you will do 50 downloads each day for a week. I did it like that and have all of their downloads...Procrastination is not a good thing lol
Mad Poster
#20 Old 15th Mar 2017 at 6:14 PM
My Math is abominable. But there are about 12 houses on 25 pages. 25 x 12 is 300.

There are three hoods with lots. One has 42, one has 19, and one has 29. That is 90. I might have missed a lot, but even if I did, I doubt I'd be off by THAT much.

I personally would download a bunch a day, plop them in a test hood, and see if the layouts are to your liking. I am a fan of quite a few lot creators, but (no offense to you lot creators! ) , I like some over others, or some better meet my vision of my hood. Almost 400 lots is a LOT (no pun intended) of MBs! Part of the fun is unveiling a download and seeing the surprise within. Of course, make sure No Sim Loaded or the related Chris Hatch mod is in your game before any unveilings.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Mad Poster
#21 Old 15th Mar 2017 at 6:20 PM
And if you're really smart about it, you also save the files to a USB stick or external harddrive (with pictures attached), so that you don't have to download them all over again if something happens to your computer.