Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Nov 2014 at 5:11 PM
Default Loft Apartment
Hi Everyone!

I created a small loft apartment which is based loosely off the apartment that Micheal Westen in "Burn Notice" lives in and is themed after Miami (but will work in an urban setting). I have made some changes to it so that it is more usable for a sim. Some of the changes include moving the bed to the loft (seems weird to have it next to the kitchen for a Sim), added a bathroom, and changed the layout of the loft slightly.

The apartment is over a small night club (this is not functional) and there is another apartment available for a NPC in the complex. The apartments are separated from the nightclub area via a tall brick wall, providing plenty of privacy. Most people will probably never even know your Sim is there if they have some private business to attend to. Here's some quick pictures I took so far - these are not up to final quality, I just wanted some so I could get some feedback. Also - please note I have not done much CASTing yet other then to the doors and windows. I plan on doing a little more before I release the final version. There is also not very much decor or clutter around but again its intended to be very functional so I have forgone that for now.What I have included is stuff I feel would fit in - some tools, an open case file, etc.

Outside -

Kitchen, Living Room, Bathroom -

Loft Area -

Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 8th Nov 2014 at 9:08 PM Last edited by SimmyRN : 9th Nov 2014 at 11:55 PM.
Good start to an interesting project! I would suggest possiby rearranging the bathroom so that the door isn't opening into the bathtub making the sim take a sharp turn to the left. (At least, that's what it looks like from the pictures.) I know these aren't meant to be the final pictures but pictures taken during daytime would be a lot easier to see. Also, you can turn all the lights on to bright intensity and this makes it easier to see details. I think you'll get more helpful feedback this way.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Nov 2014 at 1:30 AM
Here's some daytime pics. I also remodeled the bathroom slightly as its old shape was kinda awkward.

Currently the lot is CC free. I am considering the possibility of getting a bed without a bed frame and placing that but it'd be more for aesthetics then anything else. I was also looking to get a spool table (something like this):
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/...s4IqSR7nbwE8eeo
but I haven't be able to find one.
Scholar
#4 Old 9th Nov 2014 at 11:57 PM
I like the new arrangement! Good work!