Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Mar 2019 at 3:11 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Nvidia RTX 2080 and The Sims 2
So, I plan on upgrading my graphics card soon, but I hear that The Sims 2 doesn't work on newer graphics cards. Could I run it in a Virtual Machine with that card or will it still not work?

All's fair in love, war, and video games! ~LyokoGirl5000
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 26th Mar 2019 at 4:13 AM
It does work on newer graphics cards but you have to help it, not just with the card but with your newer hardwear.

You will need the 4 gb patch
Graphic rules done so that it finds your card
Probably stand by memory
Maybe a few more things.

Check out the sticky threads here and also the list here: http://marasims.tumblr.com/post/172...flash-crash-fix You may not get pink flashing but things like virtual memory are worth setting. You may also need to tweak your Nvidea control panel as it may say it's "optimizing your game" but it actually isn't.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Mar 2019 at 4:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
It does work on newer graphics cards but you have to help it, not just with the card but with your newer hardwear.

You will need the 4 gb patch
Graphic rules done so that it finds your card
Probably stand by memory
Maybe a few more things.

Check out the sticky threads here and also the list here: http://marasims.tumblr.com/post/172...flash-crash-fix You may not get pink flashing but things like virtual memory are worth setting. You may also need to tweak your Nvidea control panel as it may say it's "optimizing your game" but it actually isn't.

Thank you! I'll be doing that once I get the new card.

All's fair in love, war, and video games! ~LyokoGirl5000