Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#626 Old 23rd Apr 2014 at 5:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Amiisay
Sorry for taking so long to reply!

I don't have World Adventures or Generations.

I would say yes to Vacation, but you have to take all of the children with you. If that's not an option, then no.

What age are sims sent to boarding school?
child and teen
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#627 Old 23rd Apr 2014 at 9:25 PM
New update- Secrets, Part Two
Field Researcher
#628 Old 25th Apr 2014 at 3:14 PM
Here's a Behind the Scenes update for y'all
Scholar
#629 Old 25th Apr 2014 at 8:18 PM
Test Subject
#630 Old 26th Apr 2014 at 9:41 PM
9 babies so far so proud of myself!
Field Researcher
#631 Old 29th Apr 2014 at 12:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ShannonSimmer
9 babies so far so proud of myself!

Nice The feeling gets even better from here on

My new update- Trapped
Lab Assistant
#632 Old 29th Apr 2014 at 2:43 AM
I should try to do this again i stop b/c my portrait panel stopped working

butterfree how many kids do you have now
Field Researcher
#633 Old 29th Apr 2014 at 4:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by keepsims
I should try to do this again i stop b/c my portrait panel stopped working

butterfree how many kids do you have now

In the story, Ellothiel is pregnant with her 88th child, although the baby has been born in the game
Lab Assistant
#634 Old 29th Apr 2014 at 10:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by iButterfree
In the story, Ellothiel is pregnant with her 88th child, although the baby has been born in the game

NO way only 12 more, also how did you get it so only her lifespan is so long
Field Researcher
#635 Old 30th Apr 2014 at 1:49 AM
NO way only 12 more, also how did you get it so only her lifespan is so long

I'm actually quietly freaking out about being so close to the end I probably will bawl when I finish the challenge I've been working on it for a year and half now. By the time I'm done I'll most likely be almost to the 2 year mark I have a legacy planned featuring her twin sons with Wesley, Amonost and Adonnen, though. I also have a bunch of short stories I want to do about the family and other characters. So it's not a totally departure from it all

I use NRAAS' Master Controller. In the Intermediate Settings there's an option to adjust how many days a Sim has lived through their current life stage. Once Ellothiel gets about halfway through the YA stage I set her amount of days to 0, and she's as good as new ^^
Lab Assistant
#636 Old 30th Apr 2014 at 2:12 AM
I'm actually quietly freaking out about being so close to the end I probably will bawl when I finish the challenge I've been working on it for a year and half now. By the time I'm done I'll most likely be almost to the 2 year mark I have a legacy planned featuring her twin sons with Wesley, Amonost and Adonnen, though. I also have a bunch of short stories I want to do about the family and other characters. So it's not a totally departure from it all

I use NRAAS' Master Controller. In the Intermediate Settings there's an option to adjust how many days a Sim has lived through their current life stage. Once Ellothiel gets about halfway through the YA stage I set her amount of days to 0, and she's as good as new ^^

I did not know you could do that

when i tried this challenge i got 14 kids and grand kid before port rid panel got wacky but I might try it again.
Field Researcher
#637 Old 30th Apr 2014 at 2:57 AM
I think if you use Story Progression there's a way to set how each individual Sim ages. I could turn off her aging completely, but I like letting her total of days add up as it makes it feel as if she's still getting older.

Hmm, I've never had an issue with the panels bugging out, but I usually try to keep the household to around 8 Sims anyway since too many over that drives me crazy XD What exactly went wrong when you did your previous attempt?
Lab Assistant
#638 Old 30th Apr 2014 at 3:33 AM
I think if you use Story Progression there's a way to set how each individual Sim ages. I could turn off her aging completely, but I like letting her total of days add up as it makes it feel as if she's still getting older.

Hmm, I've never had an issue with the panels bugging out, but I usually try to keep the household to around 8 Sims anyway since too many over that drives me crazy XD What exactly went wrong when you did your previous attempt?

Well i was playing with a household of 15 Sims ( way to many) and then i was playing in a different world that only had 3 Sims. i would get like 200 notifications all at one about an error
Test Subject
#639 Old 1st May 2014 at 4:16 AM
so i didnt see this in the rules, so im going for it lol. when a teen ages into a young adult and i move them out, could i send a few teen their way? idk i think i might do that for now. if i get a lot of comments with both yes and no. might change my mind. lol this might be fun.
Field Researcher
#640 Old 1st May 2014 at 1:48 PM
Well i was playing with a household of 15 Sims ( way to many) and then i was playing in a different world that only had 3 Sims. i would get like 200 notifications all at one about an error

Did that being to happen all the time after that? I knew there was one occasion where I got a couple hundred notifications about an error, but that was a one-time occurrence and I had no issues afterwards.

Quote: Originally posted by mermaidheart
so i didnt see this in the rules, so im going for it lol. when a teen ages into a young adult and i move them out, could i send a few teen their way? idk i think i might do that for now. if i get a lot of comments with both yes and no. might change my mind. lol this might be fun.

Personally, I wouldn't do that as the whole point is to raise the kids. Sending the teens to a different home is basically like sending them to boarding school, which is against the rules.

My newest post- Long Day
Test Subject
#641 Old 2nd May 2014 at 1:58 AM
Default Hi all, a few questions please :)
Quote: Originally posted by littleredlies
Are the mothers allowed to work as babysitters?

I'm new to this challenge and I'm having some problems with money in this challenge since no money cheats are allowed. I have a few questions please.

1) What is the best lifespan to set for this challenge?
2) What is the best town to use for this challenge?
3) Other than the mother working as a babysitter when the children get to teens, is there any way at all for the mother to make money other than painting? Can she write books on the computer and make money from royalties?

Thanks so much for any help
Lab Assistant
#642 Old 2nd May 2014 at 3:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Darstan64
I'm new to this challenge and I'm having some problems with money in this challenge since no money cheats are allowed. I have a few questions please.

1) What is the best lifespan to set for this challenge?
2) What is the best town to use for this challenge?
3) Other than the mother working as a babysitter when the children get to teens, is there any way at all for the mother to make money other than painting? Can she write books on the computer and make money from royalties?

Thanks so much for any help

Most people play on Epic Lifespan to try and get 100 babies in one generation, and some people put it on normal and have as many as they can until their founder becomes an elder and the last daughter continues. Whichever you want to do is up to you! As for towns, I've actually tried this challenge out in a few of them, so I can't really say which one is the best. Maybe if you have Hidden Springs or Roaring Heights, those might work out. And when it comes to moneymaking, if you have a mod that allows your sim to self-employ, then you could just do what I did once and have the mom to self-employ as a homemaker. And there are the money mods which have the baby daddies pay child-support, but granted, the things I just listed are a couple of the easy ways to make money. You could also adopt a dog and have it sniff out collectables to sell. And writing books is also a good way to earn money too! In my current challenge family, my founder has mainly been writing, painting, and making things with the Artisan's Glassblowing and Jewelry Making Station.
Scholar
#643 Old 2nd May 2014 at 8:33 PM
Test Subject
#644 Old 3rd May 2014 at 11:34 PM
Gonna try this challenge. I wonder how much children one Sim can have.....
Field Researcher
#645 Old 6th May 2014 at 2:09 AM
New update- Passing Time
Test Subject
#646 Old 7th May 2014 at 1:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by misslaheela
I'm trying this challenge, but I'm going for 100 babies from the same couple. In order for it to be possible, I also have to keep track of and fulfill wishes (including the lifetime wish, which is "surrounded by family" so that should be easy) so that they can raise enough points to get the "Young Again" potion from the LTR menu, go back to YA stage, and continue making babies! So, I can buy other LTR's, but if I want to complete 100 babies by the same couple, I need to save up enough points for both of them to buy the potion!

To make it more challenging, I'm not using any money cheats, and mother and father must support themselves by self-employment (mother's a gardener, father's a painter). As soon as one baby is born, they must immediately try for another. The only thing I'm not sure about is whether it's more beneficial to try and steer away from having multiples. The way I see it, if I have one child at a time, as soon as one reaches YA, mother can have another baby, and it takes less time. If she has triplets, she has to wait till all three reach YA to free up more slots for more babies. But I don't know if that is actually not beneficial yet.

And finally, I'm randomizing each babies traits, which will be interesting in raising them. It could also be a small kind of point system, where the more "good" kids you have, the more points you get.

I will also try this when my game arrives in 6 days (trying to find challenges to do for when it comes) Lol!
Field Researcher
#647 Old 7th May 2014 at 7:29 PM
New update- Overwhelmed

Bit of a warning. This chapter gets decently more violent than what has been seen so far in the story.
Lab Assistant
#648 Old 7th May 2014 at 11:14 PM
New update- Overwhelmed

Bit of a warning. This chapter gets decently more violent than what has been seen so far in the story.

OMG i love this chapter i am so glad her son is ok when is the next one........................ I can't wait
Field Researcher
#649 Old 8th May 2014 at 12:18 AM
OMG i love this chapter i am so glad her son is ok when is the next one........................ I can't wait

The next chapter will probably come out on Friday or Saturday. I released the update today instead of tomorrow because even though it's finals weeks for me I have absolutely nothing to do. I did it to help cure my boredom ^^ Next week it'll go back to the normal Monday/Thursday schedule.

The next update is going to be different though as it's not going to address what happened to Ellothiel. It's going to focus entirely on Urelia (Ellothiel's mother), and delve deeper into the reasons for her behavior as well as what her true feelings are.
Scholar
#650 Old 8th May 2014 at 12:29 AM
The next chapter will probably come out on Friday or Saturday. I released the update today instead of tomorrow because even though it's finals weeks for me I have absolutely nothing to do. I did it to help cure my boredom ^^ Next week it'll go back to the normal Monday/Thursday schedule.

The next update is going to be different though as it's not going to address what happened to Ellothiel. It's going to focus entirely on Urelia (Ellothiel's mother), and delve deeper into the reasons for her behavior as well as what her true feelings are.

I was terrified that since you updated early we weren't going to find out anything about Ellothiel until Monday! D :

I mean, that still seems like its going to be the case, but looking into Urelia's behaviour and inner struggle will be very interesting.

The Love Legacy A Random Legacy Challenge Blog - Currently in Progress
Page 26 of 46