Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Nov 2011 at 1:02 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Help uninstalling the ''killer doll''
Would you please please help me!!!
this morning i've download a family from the exchange and i didnt show at my game so a decide to exit the game and uninstall the family, while i was seekeing thems i've seen one xtrange item ''girl doll dress'', so get scared
i'd follow all the instrucktion to uninstall it
but i havent found this file''x038a68fe04da61a6aa65f939d77fbc37.package''
help
what happend if i dont delete it??

help!!!

If you enter to Piosoned Nectar you wont have fun
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 24th Nov 2011 at 1:28 PM
First, calm down and don't freak out. O_O

Have you tried deleting your entire DCCache and DCBackup folders?
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#3 Old 24th Nov 2011 at 2:03 PM
Oh this is that viral doll thing someone made by mistake It's harmless but a damned nuisance and if you share lots, CAST presets, or even tattooes with anyone else they will get it too. Somewhere there is some instruc tions for getting rid of it...

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 24th Nov 2011 at 3:52 PM
ehmmm......Miua!!!
i'm relax now!!
but what happen if i delete all the DCCache and DCBackup???
my store content and other CC wont show?(if i delet all the DCCache and DCBackup files)
any one could ''copy, paste'' the conted from this topic (it didnt shows at my computer)

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/215866.page

Instructor
#5 Old 24th Nov 2011 at 4:39 PM
hat won't show up for me either but basically you must uninstall it from the game launcher then delete it from the DCBackup I don't think you should delete the DCCache I did not have to when i removed the doll from my game. Once she is out of the launcher and the packfile is deleted from the DCBackup open your game and see if shes there. Also if you've uploaded to the exchange delete and reupload.

Oh here a link
http://www.thesims3.com/contentDeta...ontentId=232881
it also has instuctions.
Instructor
#6 Old 24th Nov 2011 at 8:00 PM
As I recall, EA patched this problem eons ago.

It's not too surprising, really. Software companies are real touchy about security flaws and other software which can exploit them.

Actually, I feel for the person who made that doll. I am 99.9% convinced that it was entirely innocent and that she made it using tools which were widely available to the community. Somehow, somewhere, something went wrong. It's what happens when you start pushing buttons and checking boxes when you aren't entirel clear what they do.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 24th Nov 2011 at 10:57 PM
Thanks all of you....i'd unistall it, but i havent delete that .package........but my game its fine and nothing happend to my CC!!!

Forum Resident
#8 Old 26th Nov 2011 at 3:40 AM
Dreaded Doll Virus back again?
There are actually two files that have to come out when getting rid of this virus. They are 0x53c8a792708a8503c3af11001586b1b0.package and 0x6cd59455e4d12667fa7eb50bdda87cec.package
I couldn't find them either. Didn't have the doll in game. But I cut and paste the file names in my search/folders box and whadda-ya-know...poof, there they were. Once you delete them, don't forget to empty your recycle bin. Also, don't worry about remove the cache files, they repopulate every time you rerun the game. It's a pain really. Because every time you test your fix and start the game, if it didn't work, you need to go back and clear the cache files again. I learned all this stuff right here on this website. Thanks to all who post here! I would be lost without you. By the way, if you have women's clothing in the men's clothing catalog, that could be a different problem. I also found a corrupted Vampire file in my game. That file name is 0x6cd59455e4d12667fa7eb50bdda87cec.package.
A really good site to look for problem files is http://crinrict.blogspot.com/2010/0...isiert-fur.html
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 26th Nov 2011 at 6:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simorph
There are actually two files that have to come out when getting rid of this virus. They are 0x53c8a792708a8503c3af11001586b1b0.package and 0x6cd59455e4d12667fa7eb50bdda87cec.package
I couldn't find them either. Didn't have the doll in game. But I cut and paste the file names in my search/folders box and whadda-ya-know...poof, there they were. Once you delete them, don't forget to empty your recycle bin. Also, don't worry about remove the cache files, they repopulate every time you rerun the game. It's a pain really. Because every time you test your fix and start the game, if it didn't work, you need to go back and clear the cache files again. I learned all this stuff right here on this website. Thanks to all who post here! I would be lost without you. By the way, if you have women's clothing in the men's clothing catalog, that could be a different problem. I also found a corrupted Vampire file in my game. That file name is 0x6cd59455e4d12667fa7eb50bdda87cec.package.
A really good site to look for problem files is http://crinrict.blogspot.com/2010/0...isiert-fur.html

'
MMMMhh...i've found ''0x6cd59455e4d12667fa7eb50bdda87cec.package''(2º you name)
Ita already death..miuw!!

thakyou!!!

Née whiterider
retired moderator
#10 Old 26th Nov 2011 at 7:23 PM
Just to clarify... it's not a virus. It doesn't do any harm to your computer - it's just a pain in the ass in your game. You don't have to empty your recycle bin after deleting it, at least not more particularly so than you would after deleting any other unwanted CC.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.