Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Jun 2010 at 8:57 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3
Custom Content Issue
I have read all the 'help with downloaded custom content' and I'm still not sure what's going wrong. I love alot of stuff I've found on this site, but I can't get ANY of it to show up in my Game. I've created the correct folders (C drive, Program Files x86, Electronic Arts, The Sims 3, Mods, Packages). I've downloaded all the cool things I wanted from this site to that folder, then "extract to folder....." and still nothing shows up in my game. I have read all the help links and I must be missing something. Please please tell me what I'm doing wrong. I have Windows Vista 64 bit, if that helps. Thank you.

~Kaney
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 3rd Jun 2010 at 8:59 PM
I bet that you're missing the framework

Hi I'm Paul!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Jun 2010 at 9:01 PM
Default help?
can you tell me how to fix that? i don't speak computer, so any help is appreciated xD
transmogrified
retired moderator
#4 Old 3rd Jun 2010 at 9:04 PM
Moved to Help from Discussion. Please read the Discussion Guidelines before posting.

If your game is fully patched, you shoudl be following this guide to install .package files: http://www.modthesims.info/announce...ouncementid=144
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 3rd Jun 2010 at 10:03 PM
Default i did
i did read the rules, didn't realise asking for someone to explain was a crime. and i went to your link, it looked promising, until that resource file wouldn't let me save or save as...
i tried live chat, but it says connecting, then it says error timed out. so, now i'm stuck, so is anyone willing to explain to me instead of pasting pointless links that aren't fixing the problem? i can't get the custom content, that all the cool creative people have made available on this site, in to my Sims 3 game with the High End Loft stuff pack.
transmogrified
retired moderator
#6 Old 3rd Jun 2010 at 10:11 PM
Quote:
pasting pointless links that aren't fixing the problem

Strangely enough, the charming attitude does not inspire me to provide additional hand-holding. Try to remember you're the one asking a favor and treat the next person to pick up this thread a little better. Best of luck.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#7 Old 3rd Jun 2010 at 10:30 PM
What patch version are you using?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 3rd Jun 2010 at 10:36 PM
Default patch version
i'm using the newest one, i updated Sims 3 and High End Loft Stuff, both tell me i'm up to date, so which ever the newest ones are
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#9 Old 3rd Jun 2010 at 10:40 PM
There was a new one out just yesterday - double-check that you've updated to it, and then follow these instructions: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...ch_1.12/2.7/3.3

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.