Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Sep 2013 at 7:09 PM
Possibly a Stupid Question: Main Hood University?
Is it possible to run a functional University for Young Adult sims within a main hood? (simply meaning, by not using a university sub-hood)

I thought I saw something like this somewhere before and I was wondering if it is possible to do so in The Sims 2 and if so, how does one go about doing so? If someone can answer this and possibly give me some instructions on how-to do this if it's possible, I would greatly appreciate the help. Once again, I apologize for asking a possibly dumb and obvious question. I tried searching the web and this site and couldn't find an answer.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 4th Sep 2013 at 7:38 PM
You want Squinge's Mega College Pack. I have no experience with it, but it looks like the directions are pretty clear.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Sep 2013 at 8:08 PM
Thank you so much! That helped greatly.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 4th Sep 2013 at 8:55 PM
Enjoy!
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#5 Old 4th Sep 2013 at 9:29 PM
The only thing to bear in mind with that is that it will cause all your teen sims to age into YAs, even if you don't want them to go to uni, so you then have to age them up to adult using the custom cake included. I haven't found a way around that yet.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 4th Sep 2013 at 11:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
The only thing to bear in mind with that is that it will cause all your teen sims to age into YAs, even if you don't want them to go to uni, so you then have to age them up to adult using the custom cake included. I haven't found a way around that yet.

I thought the custom cake was used to age the teens to YA. :S Am I missing something here?
Mad Poster
#7 Old 5th Sep 2013 at 6:08 AM
Yea, not EVERYONE ages to YA, it depends on HOW they age, the cake, letting them age naturally, or clicking on them to "grow up". Which I am always screwing up. And then messing up to try to fix it so they go teen-YA-OLD PERSON!

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 5th Sep 2013 at 6:35 AM
I've often thought about trying this and I did download it sometime ago, but how exactly does it work? Your sim lives at home and goes off to class and exams? Do you still get all the college options on the phone or computer? And does it work with 48 hour terms?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#9 Old 5th Sep 2013 at 12:41 PM
Huh, what method doesn't age them to YA, gummi? I'd love to know.

Yes, that's basically it, jo. I don't know if it works with semester length mods yet.

M.M.A.A., yeah, I thought so when I was reading the instructions, but it's the other way round - the custom cake can only be used by YAs, either to take finals now or to age to adult. All default cakes just age your teens to YAs.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.