Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#16076 Old 22nd Sep 2018 at 11:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Frogsnack
Great to have you back (and nice to meet you)!

I wonder if you backpatch to 1.67 from 1.69 you can use the games without relying on Origin or whatever (I hate having to be online to play too). Games from the store aren't easy either though, if you lose a computer or whatever you only have so many downloads. Wonder what the Disk packs go for (or did they not continue making them?)

Still it's better than Sims 4 (probably)! But yeah I just had to reinstall all of my mods myself because the folder disappeared during gameplay... that was weird (probably because my save folder got to be too large, not too sure). So I had to spend time over two days to recombine package files vis S3PE etc (I had saved most of my mods out of the game and it still took hours to recomine them. Lesson learned ).

Thank you (and nice to meet you too)!

I'm not sure how to backpatch, although it would be nice to not have to play online. The games I bought online were just key codes that got sent to you via email once you purchased them. They were crazy cheap, like $2.99 per expansion. And also, apparently, fraudulent goods. The ones I have left are ones I've got physical copies of, and one Origin-bought digital. I'll probably just slowly rebuild my collection digitally, though I would prefer physical copies. But you're definitely right--anything is better than Sims 4!

I'm slowly making my way through everyone's blogs and am thoroughly enjoying myself. This weekend will be mostly reading during homework breaks, I think.

I also have a new chapter of my own!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#16077 Old 26th Sep 2018 at 12:09 AM
@Wagaturtle I had the same thing happen with one of my expansions. I contacted the seller and they actually gave me a new code, and I haven't had a problem since. Maybe contact your seller just to see if they will do something?

Update: 10.1 "Vicious Monster"
Lab Assistant
#16078 Old 26th Sep 2018 at 4:03 PM Last edited by melynx : 26th Sep 2018 at 4:21 PM.
Hey guys, it's been a while! So I wasn't going to post this chapter by itself because it ends in a cliffhanger, but... well, I've been working on the next one and it shouldn't take too long.

Gen 8 Ch 8: Until Death Do Us Part

Oh, and warning: language. But that’s pretty much every time Huxley opens her mouth...
Space Pony
#16079 Old 26th Sep 2018 at 6:40 PM
Man. It was not my intention to wait so long before continuing my legacy. xD I will try to get the next chapter up today or tomorrow.
Taking care of a baby is a bit harder than I thought. It wasn't bad til he decided that he'd like to start crawling.

My Sims 4 Random Legacy can be found here.
My simblr .
Field Researcher
#16080 Old 27th Sep 2018 at 3:19 AM
I am back and playing around with Sims again. I just saw the rolls updates for Random Legacy and love it!

I haven't been ready to commit to a new legacy, so I was playing around with getting as many badges as I can on the Sims3 website. Lol. It definitely had me playing differently than I ever have before!
Space Pony
#16081 Old 28th Sep 2018 at 3:39 PM
1.6 - Puppy

And here it is. Finally. lol

I don't get too much time to play sims anymore. Actually, I should be catching up on housework right now, but I'm so tired. xP It's not even noon yet and I already want to go back to bed. My son messed up his sleeping schedule, so now he won't go to bed at bedtime and refuses to sleep in his crib. And on top of that, we're currently looking to move, so I'm trying to go through our things to get rid of what isn't needed or wanted.

My Sims 4 Random Legacy can be found here.
My simblr .
Lab Assistant
#16082 Old 28th Sep 2018 at 7:50 PM
So, erm...

You may have noticed that the time between chapters has been getting increasingly longer, and that is because my hours at work are also getting increasingy longer. As a result, I'm too tired and drained (physically and emotionally) to either play The Sims 3 or write up chapters. On top of this, I am not happy with where my game is right now. It feels like my chapters have been getting increasingly more lacklustre as they go on.

I don't know what to do, other than take a long break and try and salvage what I can from the legacy. I've got the fourth generation to teenagers in my game, so I'm wondering if it's worth just skipping straight to Gen 4 after taking some time off to re-energise myself?
Scholar
Original Poster
#16083 Old 28th Sep 2018 at 9:06 PM
Yay updates! I've missed you guys. <3

I've been busy with some awesome side projects but I haven't forgotten my sims, and I'll get back to them eventually. (This is my seasonal "I'm not dead!" post.)

@slashbanghorror Our blogs are as much to entertain ourselves as they are to entertain others. If it won't annoy you later to look at a blog with a time skip, go ahead and do what makes you happiest.
Scholar
#16084 Old 29th Sep 2018 at 11:33 AM
Lab Assistant
#16085 Old 29th Sep 2018 at 3:21 PM
Becky <3

Quote: Originally posted by NutsAndDolts
Our blogs are as much to entertain ourselves as they are to entertain others.

So well put. And far too easy to forget!
Lab Assistant
#16086 Old 29th Sep 2018 at 9:51 PM
So I decided to stick with it and complete the generation, and with that I have a new chapter: Chapter 3.6 - #RUDE
Test Subject
#16087 Old 30th Sep 2018 at 1:44 AM
Regarding my problem with lost games, I decided to use the screenshot that I have to develop the story of generation one. I will play from the last game I have, which is one where Bellandra is about to become a teenager and Franco and Ramira in children, I will adopt a child again and I will replace him with Bruno (thank goodness that I save my sims in all their birthdays). Maybe I'll play in medium until I catch up the screenshots.

What I have decided is that I will consider generation one finished , because Zoe did everything she had to do, she was an old woman and the heir only had two days to take the torch.

I'm already writing the next chapter.
Lab Assistant
#16088 Old 30th Sep 2018 at 9:47 PM
Test Subject
#16089 Old 2nd Oct 2018 at 4:21 AM
The new chapter: 1.9 Approaching
Lab Assistant
#16090 Old 3rd Oct 2018 at 11:55 AM
Scholar
#16091 Old 6th Oct 2018 at 9:25 AM
Lab Assistant
#16092 Old 6th Oct 2018 at 2:00 PM
So...

I have some bad new and some even more bad news.

The bad news that is that... Well... I lost my save file. By which I mean, I was deleting some old save files that were cluttering up my game and accidentally deleted the most recent saves. Guess I was a bit too delete-happy...

The even more bad news is that I have an ear infection, and cannot be upright for more than a few minutes without keeling or and/or throwing up.

I guess this explains my absence, so... yay?
Lab Assistant
#16093 Old 7th Oct 2018 at 8:44 PM Last edited by TwistedSmiley : 10th Oct 2018 at 1:07 AM. Reason: time lapses
I don't think I have EVER gone past 4 generations on any sims 3 save since the game was released. I'm going to give this a try in stealth mode after Ive read everyone's stories.

So... Just spent almost 19 hours straight reading 5 of the 6 complete blogs.. (Scarlett Random Legacy seems to be no longer available)
Now to see if my potato laptop can deal with a 10 generation save.....

Ok, I now have a blog, which for me was the hardest part of this challenge so far .. (the first two i created, I couldn't get back into to edit as they didn't exist, even though I could see them online) Doh! Broke the Internets again! Id appreciate If someone could add them to the list of current actives.

https://ts3jettstarlegacy.blogspot.com/
Test Subject
#16094 Old 11th Oct 2018 at 3:54 AM
Today in lecture I sat behind a girl who spent the entire period playing Sims on her tiny Mac laptop. It was Sims 4, but still... I was a little jealous. And very amused.

I have a question--in the rules, there's a provision that lets you reroll a career if you've gotten it two generations in a row. Does this rule also apply to other categories, like Misc Fun or Generational Goal? I've rolled Idle Careers for gen 2 and gen 3, and it's not necessarily an unbearable fate, but I'd prefer to switch things up if it's an option.

Quote: Originally posted by TwistedSmiley
Ok, I now have a blog, which for me was the hardest part of this challenge so far .. (the first two i created, I couldn't get back into to edit as they didn't exist, even though I could see them online) Doh! Broke the Internets again! Id appreciate If someone could add them to the list of current actives.

Okay, your writing style is so fun to read. It just has so much life and energy! I'll add more praises to my blog comment, but I just wanted to say that I 1000% relate to huskies being the most expensive dog ever. Our family husky loves to find out what you hold dearest in this world, and then destroy it when you don't give him the attention he wants. Good luck on your legacy!
Lab Assistant
#16095 Old 11th Oct 2018 at 5:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Wagaturtle
Okay, your writing style is so fun to read. It just has so much life and energy! I'll add more praises to my blog comment, but I just wanted to say that I 1000% relate to huskies being the most expensive dog ever. Our family husky loves to find out what you hold dearest in this world, and then destroy it when you don't give him the attention he wants. Good luck on your legacy!

LOL, Thanks Waga, The previous 8 (yeah .. 8) owners of my Husky, Gypsy, I think all had babies and small children, so she would get bored while I was at work, jump the fence and go looking for kids to play with. I think I paid more in fines, than in taxes , for the first 12 months that I had her. I got given her after the previous owners put a few hundred dollars worth of Easter eggs out for the kids to find, and all they found was chewed tinfoil... (she didn't even get sick...)

https://ts3jettstarlegacy.blogspot....-beginning.html Is up...as well as three other chapters of backstory
Scholar
Original Poster
#16096 Old 11th Oct 2018 at 6:30 AM
"I have a question--in the rules, there's a provision that lets you reroll a career if you've gotten it two generations in a row. Does this rule also apply to other categories, like Misc Fun or Generational Goal?"

It does not... but feel free to make it a house rule.
Inventor
#16097 Old 11th Oct 2018 at 7:04 AM
I have a question regarding the Family Structure rolls and the roommate functionality introduced all the way back in UL.

Do roommates count towards the family structure? I already tested that they don't bring any money into the RLC house, and they are not controllable.

The Darkdusk Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
The Nightmagic Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
Last of Her Kind has ended thanks to a dead computer.
Lab Assistant
#16098 Old 12th Oct 2018 at 4:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PSDuckie
I have a question regarding the Family Structure rolls and the roommate functionality introduced all the way back in UL.

Do roommates count towards the family structure? I already tested that they don't bring any money into the RLC house, and they are not controllable.

(Taken from the top of http://randomlegacychallenge.blogsp...ough-draft.html)
Family Structure - This determines how many adults you will need in each generation to raise the children.

As long as the room mate in no way educates/trains/raises/gifts the heir and siblings/step-siblings, etc. I don't see a roomie as Family, just an NPC that wont shoo!
( I do NOT have UL, I am NOT involved in rule making, I am just a free floating opinion, and RLC player.)
Lab Assistant
#16099 Old 12th Oct 2018 at 4:50 AM
Default The Sims 3 Jettstar MTS Random Legacy Challenge
My RLC Blog is now up, it is still a mess visually, but hopefully my blog skills progress as fast as my story

Preamble - The beginning
https://ts3jettstarlegacy.blogspot....-beginning.html

Gen 1. Venice Jettstar
https://ts3jettstarlegacy.blogspot....ox-of-doom.html
Inventor
#16100 Old 12th Oct 2018 at 6:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TwistedSmiley
(Taken from the top of http://randomlegacychallenge.blogsp...ough-draft.html)
Family Structure - This determines how many adults you will need in each generation to raise the children.

As long as the room mate in no way educates/trains/raises/gifts the heir and siblings/step-siblings, etc. I don't see a roomie as Family, just an NPC that wont shoo!
( I do NOT have UL, I am NOT involved in rule making, I am just a free floating opinion, and RLC player.)

That's what I was thinking as well. However, there's really no way to make sure that the roommate wouldn't do those things, as she isn't controllable.

The Darkdusk Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
The Nightmagic Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
Last of Her Kind has ended thanks to a dead computer.
Page 644 of 676