Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Jun 2017 at 2:26 AM
Default SimPE errors & Carryforward
I'm having a hard time with beds/bedding in SimPE. I select the bed, hit recolour, pick a name, and hit enter, but before it brings up the "which part/s do you wanna recolour?" box, it starts throwing errors like "bad packet" and problems with M&G/3D/Carryforward.sfgiles.package. Not every single time -- and not the same error each time (something about part 6 or part 8?) -- but a good 70% of my attempts today.

A.) Does anyone know what's the what? Has that file become corrupted somehow? If so, is it possible to locate a replacement, or do I need to reinstall?

B.) I recently installed TSS on top of the rest of the game. Coincidence or timely clue? I've had the same problem on occasion before the TSS install, but it's raging today.

Thanks so much to anyone who can point me in the right direction! ^_^

PS: I've been recolouring other furniture today with no problem -- it's just the beds and bedding that have been twitching. If I've assembled some half-clues correctly, the bed(ding) files are in that Carryforward, right?
Advertisement
Instructor
Original Poster
#2 Old 18th Mar 2018 at 6:50 AM
Taking a shot that it's preferable to follow-up post instead of just editing a post from last June...

My problem with beds continues, and it's every time. Actually every other time. Literally, after I've done a first bed recolour package I have to close out SimPE and restart it. If I don't and then try to do a second bed/bedding recolour, it throws errors like this one...

A corrupted PackedFile was found. SimPE Version:
Default (0.72.1.33855).

Exception Stack:
SimPe.Plugin.CorruptedFileException: A corrupted PackedFile was found. ---> System.Exception: The File 'C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Deluxe\Base\TSData\Res\Sims3D\Objects07.package' contains a Corrupted File (Large Image File: ED534136 - C9B7056C - 1C0532FA - FF44D7E3).

Freshly booted SimPE, no problems at all. Trying for a second one, errors at me without fail.

I would be so grateful for any suggestions!
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Sep 2018 at 2:07 AM Last edited by Liz : 1st Sep 2018 at 4:22 AM. Reason: eureka?
EDIT: Brainstorm. Or lunacy. Either way. I decided to throw caution to the winds and carry on recolouring anyway, despite SimPE throwing that same System.OutOfMemoryException, and when I looked at the recolour in-game it was totally fine. Have I been rebooting SimPE for hours now when I could have just ignored the error message and carried on?? That sounds like something I'd do. For the past year. Countless times.

xx headdesk xx

------------------------------------------
The saga continues. I'm working on several sets of bedding right now and am sick to my face of rebooting SimPE every. single. time.
I did reinstall SimPE in the hopes that was the reason for the angst, but it's the same old song. Realised, though, that the other error message might (I hope?!!) actually mean something to somebody, so here goes:

Package: C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Mansion and Garden Stuff\TSData\Res\3D\CarryForward.sgfiles.package
File: Geometric Data Container (AC4F8687) - 16E8824F - 1C0532FA - FF546853 SimPE Version:
Default (0.72.1.33855).

Exception Stack:
System.OutOfMemoryException: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.
at System.IO.MemoryStream.ToArray()
at SimPe.Interfaces.Plugin.AbstractWrapper.SynchronizeUserData(Boolean catchex, Boolean fire)

Source:
mscorlib

Execution Stack:
at System.IO.MemoryStream.ToArray()
at SimPe.Interfaces.Plugin.AbstractWrapper.SynchronizeUserData(Boolean catchex, Boolean fire)

Windows Version:
Vista (((((note: obviously not. fully updated 10)))))

.NET Version:
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 1st Sep 2018 at 1:12 PM
The out of memory error I've seen when trying to use a texture that is of a different aspect ratio to the original. For the other messages- maybe something got corrupted? What do you mean by TSS- Sims social? Do you have all EPS and SPs? I could upload some files from my install if you'd like to try to replace.
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 1st Sep 2018 at 10:36 PM
Hey, simsample -- thanks for having a look!
1. I haven't been getting the error on the texture replace attempt; it's in the creation of the .package in the first place. Choose the bed, name the file, select subset (frame or blanket, happens either way, so it isn't only Colonial Ironwood), and just before it finishes it throws the out of memory error. 90% of the time that's the error. Occasionally one of the others, but it's mostly out of memory.
2. Teen Style Stuff. Sorry, should have specified.
3. All EPs and SPs
4. I tried updating my SimPE yesterday -- was so excited to realise there was a newer version out there! - but no joy. Newer version, same error.

I would be so grateful for any further suggestions or files you think I may need to replace!

Possibly helpful detail, when I was reinstalling and updating SimPE I gave it a try with the newly reinstalled AL version, without the M&G update folders, I got the same out of memory error involving AL's CarryForward.sgfiles.package as I usually have with M&G's, so it isn't just the M&G CarryForward.

So stumped and so frustrated -- I really don't want to do a full reinstall of all those discs again, and then that's only the beginning because CC and Win10 adjustments and honestly it takes days now to get it all back in shape, but I'm worried it's likely to come to that. Sad trombone. But I'm so happy to have a reply after all this time! Like I said, any ideas are so very welcome and so totally appreciated.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6 Old 1st Sep 2018 at 11:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Liz
Teen Style Stuff. Sorry, should have specified.

D'oh, I forgot about that one! Well installing that shouldn't break anything- you added it to your file table?

Let's try to rule out some things.
First, if you run the SimPE system check, can it find your filetable and other files okay? (Extra> Preferences> System Check)

Next, try replacing the files which SimPE is flagging as corrupted. backup your old versions first!!!!
Basegame Objects07:
http://simfileshare.net/download/686404/

M&G carryforward.sgfiles:
http://simfileshare.net/download/686403/

Another thing I noticed is that one error says:
Quote:
Error while writing to File Package: C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Mansion and Garden Stuff\TSData\Res\3D\CarryForward.sgfiles.package

Hmmm, SimPE shouldn't be writing to that file- I wonder if it really means that, or whether the error is pertaining to writing your package file? Where are you telling SimPE to create your new file?
Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 2nd Sep 2018 at 12:18 AM Last edited by Liz : 2nd Sep 2018 at 12:25 AM. Reason: zoinks!
Hey again, and thank you so much for trying to help me out with this! I'm checking right now because I'm waiting for SimPE to reload AGAIN to make another bedding... >_<

Should have mentioned that yes, I have run several system checks, and all 3 checks pop green every time.

I've been interpreting the error as meaning that SimPE gets confused while trying to take info -from- the first file (CarryForward) in order to write to the new one.
Recolour .package files are in a totally separate area. Install is on C drive, and recolours are in a space over on D.

Will try downloading and swapping those files and see if it helps -- thank you again, so much!

EDIT: Woah! Went back to SimPE to verify that the TSS folder had been added and pointed correctly and what not, and I ran another Check just for giggles... This time I got a curious result! All 3 green as usual, but this time under the check for loading the SimPE Cache, there was an option for Details... which I clicked and saw this:
Unable to the SimPE Cache.
Unable to load "C:\Program Files (x86)\SimPE\Data\objcache_01.simpepkg".
Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.

(no typo there -- unable to the SimPE Cache.)
what the what??
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#8 Old 2nd Sep 2018 at 1:21 AM
Try Extra> Preferences> SimPE Settings> Clear Cache.

Maybe the cache is corrupted or become too large.
Instructor
Original Poster
#9 Old 2nd Sep 2018 at 3:05 AM
Try Extra> Preferences> SimPE Settings> Clear Cache.

Have tried that a few times too. Coming up goose eggs. Also downloaded and replaced the Objects07 and MG CarryForward files (thank you so much for those) but still getting Out of Memory...
(BTW, my game folders are Read-Only, so they shouldn't be getting mucked with by SimPE or the game, right?)

Package: C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Mansion and Garden Stuff\TSData\Res\3D\CarryForward.sgfiles.package
File: Geometric Data Container (AC4F8687) - 16E8824F - 1C0532FA - FF546853 SimPE Version:
Default (0.72.1.33855).

Exception Stack:
System.OutOfMemoryException: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.
at System.IO.MemoryStream.set_Capacity(Int32 value)
at System.IO.MemoryStream.EnsureCapacity(Int32 value)
at System.IO.MemoryStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
at System.IO.BinaryWriter.Write(Single value)
at SimPe.Geometry.Vector3f.Serialize(BinaryWriter writer)
at SimPe.Plugin.Gmdc.GmdcJoint.Serialize(BinaryWriter writer)
at SimPe.Plugin.GeometryDataContainer.Serialize(BinaryWriter writer)
at SimPe.Plugin.Rcol.Serialize(BinaryWriter writer)
at SimPe.Interfaces.Plugin.AbstractWrapper.get_CurrentStateData()

Source:
mscorlib

Execution Stack:
at System.IO.MemoryStream.set_Capacity(Int32 value)
at System.IO.MemoryStream.EnsureCapacity(Int32 value)
at System.IO.MemoryStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
at System.IO.BinaryWriter.Write(Single value)
at SimPe.Geometry.Vector3f.Serialize(BinaryWriter writer)
at SimPe.Plugin.Gmdc.GmdcJoint.Serialize(BinaryWriter writer)
at SimPe.Plugin.GeometryDataContainer.Serialize(BinaryWriter writer)
at SimPe.Plugin.Rcol.Serialize(BinaryWriter writer)
at SimPe.Interfaces.Plugin.AbstractWrapper.get_CurrentStateData()

Windows Version:
Vista

.NET Version:
--------------------------------------------------------

I'm so close to tears I can not even. I hate, hate, HATE the idea of having to do another game install, but repeated refreshes and reinstalls of SimPE aren't getting it done. Am I out of other options?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#10 Old 2nd Sep 2018 at 8:49 AM
Next thing I would try is to clear your virtual store and make sure that your AV isn't locking any files on access.
Delete C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\EA Games
And add C:\Program Files (x86)\SimPE to your exclusions list for your antivirus, so that it doesn't scan those files on access.
Instructor
Original Poster
#11 Old 2nd Sep 2018 at 10:54 AM
I appreciate these suggestions and help so much -- I hate that I don't have better results to report!
I'm not running any AV besides the default Win10 stuff, so I don't have anywhere to add the exception... and I found AppData under Default.migrated instead of my username, but the Local file was just an empty Microsoft \ Windows nest.

-currently doing the sad Charlie Brown walk around the living room
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#12 Old 2nd Sep 2018 at 3:52 PM
Hey @Liz , the default.migrated folder should just contain copied settings from when your OS was upgraded to Windows 10. Those are not relevant anymore and won't affect anything. The AppData folder in your user profile will be a hidden file, so you'd have to enable hidden files to show it. However, by just typing the path into the address bar you should be able to navigate to your virtualstore.
Instructor
Original Poster
#13 Old 2nd Sep 2018 at 7:16 PM
Cool, didn't know about that, thanks! Still didn't fix the problem, though -- got another out of memory error, along with the message that a corrupted packet was found in Objects07 again, which I can't even imagine... I mean, we -just- replaced that! Bonkers.

When looking to delete the EA GAMES in VirtualStore I found one for SimPE too, which I'm going to go ahead and delete as well becaue what's that gonna do, break something?

EDIT: Damn. Still no joy. Was told I have a corrupted packet in the M&G CarryForward now. Seems super unlikely to be true, though, I mean... really???