Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Mar 2015 at 9:44 AM Last edited by FifthAce2007 : 5th Mar 2015 at 8:12 PM. Reason: Solved
Default Short & Medium texture stretching (Sort of worked it out)
Hiya.

I was wondering, is there a simple method of accurately resizing the short/medium/tall textures so they will always line up? With the short/med being the same dimensions (512).

I've had a look at a few EA wallpapers and there doesn't seem to be any obvious method to it, or one that I am missing...

Thanks

FifthAce2007

My Sims 2 creations are no longer supported. Regardless of what the individual post says, feel free to clone, recolour, chuck on a bonfire or mix in a blender! Just credit me/this site with the upload, and upload here only, thanks
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 17th Mar 2015 at 2:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FifthAce2007
Hiya.

I was wondering, is there a simple method of accurately resizing the short/medium/tall textures so they will always line up? With the short/med being the same dimensions (512).

I've had a look at a few EA wallpapers and there doesn't seem to be any obvious method to it, or one that I am missing...

Thanks

Start off with a texture of 256X1280 save a copy of this size because you will need it for all 3 sizes and I find it easier to start off with that size and them crop it down when needed. For the Tall wall compress that texture to 256X1024. For the Medium wall take the 256X1280 and crop off 256px from the TOP. That texture will now be 256X1024 compress that to 256X512. For the Short wall take the 256X1280 texture and crop off 512px from the TOP. That texture will now be 256X768 compress that to 256X512. Below there are 2 pictures of some wallpaper I have made (but not uploaded quite yet). Of course this is just for the image itself if there is any woodwork that is also at different heights for the 3 sizes. The game stretches the texture in game so that they all look correct. As long as you take the extra from the top of the original texture they will line up (see second picture).
Screenshots