Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Banned
#1801 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 12:20 AM
The Sims 1 had celebrity appearances in House Party and Superstar- a bunch of them! I don't get why people are so mad about there being a special edition with a celebrity. The video they made for her song was also really, really good. I love the music videos EA makes for the expansions. That video sold me on Showtime
Advertisement
Scholar
#1802 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 12:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AdamantEve
The Sims 1 had celebrity appearances in House Party and Superstar- a bunch of them! I don't get why people are so mad about there being a special edition with a celebrity. The video they made for her song was also really, really good. I love the music videos EA makes for the expansions. That video sold me on Showtime

There's a huge difference between adding celebrity cameos in a game and making a special edition centered around a sole celebrity, adding a few objects and charging $10 extra for it.

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Banned
#1803 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 12:49 AM
Well, I didnt want to pay 10 dollars for those objects, either, so I didn't. I am not going to let it affect me beyond that, what do I care if some people pay 10 bucks extra for just a few extra things? :P

I thought the problem people had was that it was named after/based on a celebrity.
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#1804 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 1:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Arisuka
I really think that EA is very unfamiliar with female figure. : P Most of the tops and dresses we have make all sim ladies look pear shaped, and that combined with the low-cut and short bottoms... not a good look! EA really needs a crash-course on proportions of female figure and clothing! They've improved a bit though, since in the base game and first EPs there was no fitting waistline in sight...

Gosh yes. Some of the clothes have definitely gotten better. There are some that still bug the crap out of me. That base game tank top? That doesn't meet the top of barely any of the pants? That is enabled for elders? Yeah...sorry grannies. I don't want to see yo tummies. Which sucks because, otherwise, it would be nice for workouts. End off topic rant.

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
#1805 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 2:48 AM
heaven ...and also, the way that female sims act kinda makes me wonder if anyone at EA has ever met a regular female human being. They talk, walk and act like Marilyn Monroe in her hyper-sexy roles! They are too giggly and overly girly...
Scholar
#1806 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 3:55 AM
That's not limited to women. Remember the male basegame tshirts? The ones that ended at, like, the bellybutton? Really, EA? Have you seen a Tshirt? Do you know what a tshirt looks like? You have to work really super hard to make them shrink in the wash...but apparently whoever came up with the reference for that one found a way!

Snickerson: a Random Legacy Challenge. There are zebras involved. Zebras.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1807 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 4:49 AM
They make male midriffs.

Keeps the tummy cool. :p

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Mad Poster
#1808 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 5:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bassoon_crazy
There's a huge difference between adding celebrity cameos in a game and making a special edition centered around a sole celebrity, adding a few objects and charging $10 extra for it.

Having the celebrity in it's own LE is the one of the best decisions EA has done. Not everybody wants RL celebrities in their game. I for one don't. If somebody wants, and feels it's worth the extra 10$ then they can get her. Also, considering that you really just get a few new props, a dress and a Katy Perry Sim that doesn't even look like Katy Perry you are actually better off just downloading a look-alike from this site.

EA is not here to spread joy, it's here to make money. If they figured out that calling one Sim Katy Perry gives them more money then good for them, and shame on us for giving them the money for this celebrity LE.

I still haven't got my copy. Maybe today

I think the worst BG outfit is that one sleeveless dress that has lots of folding cloth in the bosom area, then immediately after starts expanding and stops above the knees. It doesn't fit anybody, and for some reason EA thought that is a good dress to enable for elders
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1809 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 5:34 AM
We all know EA is ass backwards when it comes to designing this game. Leave them be. :p

Scholar
#1810 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 7:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
They make male midriffs.

Keeps the tummy cool. :p

There's a difference between "Hey, let's make a midriff" and "hey, let's make a shirt but let's pretend that a man's waistline is about even with his pectorals."

Lab Assistant
#1811 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 7:03 AM
Oh come on, that doesn't rev your engine???
Scholar
#1812 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 7:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Dramamine
Oh come on, that doesn't rev your engine???

Only when it's intentional.

#1813 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 3:17 PM
Looking at Sims 3 News... SHOWTIME was released already! Great.
But... am I wrong reading "...it's time to get your SHT together", as "...it's time to get your SH...T (censored) together?"
I guess there is something wrong with my eyes and brain
Scholar
#1814 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 6:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BloodyScholastic
Looking at Sims 3 News... SHOWTIME was released already! Great.
But... am I wrong reading "...it's time to get your SHT together", as "...it's time to get your SH...T (censored) together?"
I guess there is something wrong with my eyes and brain

It's not funny when you have to explain the joke.

...no, screw it, it's always funny. SHT's just that good.

Theorist
#1815 Old 10th Mar 2012 at 4:04 PM
Did we know they added second story pools?

Hi I'm Paul!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1816 Old 10th Mar 2012 at 4:47 PM
2nd story pools? You're a year and a half late, sorry.

Theorist
#1817 Old 10th Mar 2012 at 5:08 PM
Oooooooh

Hi I'm Paul!
Test Subject
#1818 Old 10th Mar 2012 at 7:24 PM
Default Sims 3 Bug
Someone please help me . I pre-ordered the game and haven't been able to play! none of my sims games are working since installing the sims 3 showtime. i've tried everything that i could think of and even called EA, they didn't know what to do so, if anyone can help. I'd be ever so grateful
Instructor
#1819 Old 10th Mar 2012 at 7:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sheeda233
Someone please help me . I pre-ordered the game and haven't been able to play! none of my sims games are working since installing the sims 3 showtime. i've tried everything that i could think of and even called EA, they didn't know what to do so, if anyone can help. I'd be ever so grateful

If everything else fails, try a manual uninstall--delete both all Sims 3 folders both in your My Documents Electronic Arts folder and your Program Files Electronic Arts folder. Then reinstall the games in chronological order.

I promise I'm not as grumpy as my avatar looks.
Mad Poster
#1820 Old 10th Mar 2012 at 7:36 PM
She's the one that sings "I kissed a girl and I liked it" song if you've ever heard that.

Oooh...so that's her! I did not know...
Theorist
#1821 Old 10th Mar 2012 at 8:03 PM
She's the one that sings "I kissed a girl and I liked it" song if you've ever heard that.

That's the song I sing when I'm playing one of my MMORPG's .. like SWTOR and it gets REALLY LAGGY that running forward just runs me into a wall and keeps me running into that same wall until the lag subsides and I can finally turn and run another direction. I change the words though to "I kissed a WALL and I liked it..."

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Page 73 of 73