Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Aug 2015 at 12:20 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Black/Dark Grey Weirdly Shadowed Skin?
I downloaded a couple of cute sims from a few people on tumblr, happy as anything, and those people hadn't listed skins under CC for those sims, so I assume they use the default (or, at least, their default) skin.

Unfortunately when I load the sim...

This wouldn't really be all that big a deal, except that even when I change the sim to one that comes close to matching...

it does that.

It looks like the shader is wrong? But changing between skins doesn't fix it.

I was wondering if there was a way of fixing this and, maybe if I'm lucky, making it go back to defaulting to, well, the default.

Anyone know anything?

"Whatcha doin'?"
"Probing your mind."
"Kinda roomy, innit?"
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 17th Aug 2015 at 12:52 PM
Do something else like change gender and back, that should fix it.

The horizon of many people is a circle with a radius of zero. They call this their point of view. - Albert Einstein
Arathea's Area @ TFM's Sims Asylum - TS2 & TS3 Stuff
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Aug 2015 at 12:53 PM
It did, thank you. I suppose there's no way to just make it not to begin with?

"Whatcha doin'?"
"Probing your mind."
"Kinda roomy, innit?"
Scholar
#4 Old 17th Aug 2015 at 12:57 PM
Not that I'm aware of, sorry.

The horizon of many people is a circle with a radius of zero. They call this their point of view. - Albert Einstein
Test Subject
#5 Old 19th Aug 2015 at 9:29 AM
Im pretty sure i have all the sliders for my custom sims.. Why does this happen when i choose one of my custom downloads from the sims bin? They dont resemble the sim i downloaded at all their skin is black and often their pants as well.. It happens to about 90% of them
Scholar
#6 Old 19th Aug 2015 at 1:09 PM
It's not a matter of sliders but of the skin. If the sim uses a custom skin that you don't have installed, it reverts to that black one.

Test Subject
#7 Old 18th Sep 2015 at 8:40 PM
Default robot face
hi all , um i'm also having a face problem in cas my sims face looks like a robot and happens when i change hair it's not just male sims or adults either it's all sims can someome please tell me how to fix this?, i only got the uncharted island marker and super caw witch i also have a problem with i can't install it, all it dose is open and run i also have store content and a few clothes please help thanks in advance also sorry for posting here if this is the wrong place.
Screenshots
Alchemist
#8 Old 7th Oct 2015 at 7:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by neffertitti3958_SC
hi all , um i'm also having a face problem in cas my sims face looks like a robot and happens when i change hair it's not just male sims or adults either it's all sims can someome please tell me how to fix this?, i only got the uncharted island marker and super caw witch i also have a problem with i can't install it, all it dose is open and run i also have store content and a few clothes please help thanks in advance also sorry for posting here if this is the wrong place.

Most likely it's an issue with custom content. Sometimes, badly textured clothes display the textures from other parts (like boots), or display their texture on Sims' bodies. Try removing the mods, clearing your cache files, and running your game again.

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!