Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Oct 2015 at 2:15 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Default Glitchy textures in Game?
Has anyone ran into this problem in game?

In these pics, I have an HQ mod installed, but it doesn't seem to make a difference with or without as far as the glitchiness is concerned. Also, it's like this in any sort of lighting, and is worse with darker shades.
I've tried a bunch of general solutions, but nothing's worked so far.
I have AMD Radeon HD 5700 Series.
Any help is appreciated!
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Oct 2015 at 5:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
I'm not sure exactly what you're referring to. What's the glitch? The screenshots look fine.

In the pictures, it's kind of like the shadows aren't rendering properly, I guess? Like it looks pixelated, noticeably so in-game.
I brightened it a bit, so you could see better.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 1st Oct 2015 at 11:58 PM Last edited by SinnettSims : 2nd Oct 2015 at 8:32 AM.
I actually use that exact one. I deleted it and a few other mods that are similar, cleared my caches, and started the game back up. It still seems to be doing it, even in the daytime.

UPDATE: I did a little research, and this seems to be a common problem for AMD Radeon graphics cards? This, along with blocky shadows. It seems to be a really old problem though; a bunch of the discussions were from 2011. If anyone has a solution, please let me know!
Test Subject
#7 Old 6th Oct 2015 at 1:59 AM
Recently, I've decided to install Sims 3 with couple of stuff packs and expansions, but then I've ran into a problem that I can't pinpoint at the moment.
http://i681.photobucket.com/albums/...es/CAM00636.jpg
http://i681.photobucket.com/albums/...es/CAM00635.jpg

I took these pictures with my phone, because I couldn't take screenshot, Win 8.1 can be picky. I've checked my GPU drivers and they are most recent ones. All of my drivers are most recent ones, so I'm not sure what is causing this glitch. This only appears on animals (cats, dogs and horses) Maybe someone knows how to fix it?
Test Subject
#9 Old 6th Oct 2015 at 8:12 PM
The thing is, because it is a cellphone picture, I can't really tell what you are talking about especially when you didn't write any description of what to look for. I see things but they can be glares from the cellphone, etc.. etc..

So, please

1) Describe in writing what the glitch is. (Wonder if anyone going to call me Captain Obvious for this one)
2) Take a screenshot with the TS3 built-in camera (pressing the C button)
3) Post your device config log file from your user folder.

I apologize for making obvious mistakes. I'm simply new at playing Sims 3. It's a bit different from Sims 2 that I was accustomed to.

Anyways...I took better pictures, with TS3 built-in camera where the glitches are much more obvious.
http://i681.photobucket.com/albums/.../Screenshot.jpg

This is an american staffordshire and the glitch that bugs me out is the eye area. It looks so weird and I can't pinpoint the problem. This eye problem appears on all animals.

http://i681.photobucket.com/albums/...creenshot-2.jpg
This is Alaskan Malamute and the glitch here is the fur itself. All dogs that have this much fur like Husky, german sheppard, golden retriver etc...has this problem. At first I thought it has something to do with my graphic card, but I have most recent drivers. So I don't know what else could be a problem.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  DeviceConfig.rar (1.5 KB, 7 downloads) - View custom content
Description: Device Config Log
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#10 Old 6th Oct 2015 at 8:36 PM
I dimly remember that there was/is a fur glitch with certain graphics cards, regardless of the driver. Yours is an Intel chip which isn't really super suitable for this, but the same can happen with higher level graphics cards. I can't make overly fluffy dogs and have them bright coloured fur either, because it will show a weird white outline around the fluff.

And the skin problem of OP; mine look similar and I've got Nvidia. I wrote this off as simply the game, although the recent nividia drivers seem to have improved a few things.
Test Subject
#12 Old 7th Oct 2015 at 8:19 PM Last edited by Amaya Malkavian : 7th Oct 2015 at 9:42 PM.
Hi,

I have pets, but I don't really pay attention to them. But your 1st screenshot looks fine to me. The 2nd one I can see the fur problem. Anyhow, seems your Intel HD is not recognized. Refer to this link to fix it, though I doubt that will resolve your problem. But, who knows? Give it a shot.

Fix Sims 3 Graphics Recognition Problem

I do have an older Intel HD 4000. I'll go in and take a couple photos of the dogs to see if it has the glitch too.

EDIT:

Here are some screenshots from the premade dogs in the game. These are taken with the Intel HD 4000 on max setting. I cannot replicate your problem. Are you using any sort of mods?

If not, I think Don is correct, it is your Intel HD and there's nothing you can do about it. I think I actually recognize your Intel device number "0f31," it is a newer Intel HD but designed for cheaper Celeron cpus and it has a lot of glitches. I remember helping someone in the past with this same chip on a different graphical error.

I don't know what kind of Intel I have, it says Intel HD Graphics, and I've tried to figure out the numbers and I can't. <.< That's beside the point.
I got this laptop last year for my birthday and I'm not exactly in the position to look into gifted horse's mouth. I'm pretty happy with this laptop. It is stronger than the one I had before. <.<
I have no mods yet. And I installed one makeup mod, but the dog's fur is still weird. o.O As for the dog's eye, it's only noticeable when I zoom in, otherwise I don't notice it. The eye looks more like see-through. Not sure how to describe it. And both dogs in my example were premade. o.o
I have everything on low.

On Sims 2, I had a problem where in neighborhood view, every movement in any direction would cause the scene to flicker as if refreshing. On Leefish forum, I was given a fix for my Intel card, along with Graphics Rule Maker, cause the game simply didn't recognize my Intel. After applying the fix and setting things in GRM, the game worked perfectly.

Apparently, I have to do the same thing here. I'll try the suggested solution. It may work.

EDIT: I'm having problem trying to figure out what to change in graphicsrules.sgr
But in graphicscards.sgr, I added "card 0x0f31 "IntelĀ® HD Graphics" <--- this line. If I did something wrong, I'd like you to point in the right direction. >_<