Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Oct 2015 at 5:26 AM Last edited by Ranshiinsitha : 5th Oct 2015 at 6:50 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Actions never happening and super zoomed camera (CAP)
Hello, I'm having quite a big issue here, I'll try to be as clear as I can because I'm not feeling well at all, please forgive me if I'm a bit incoherent or if I make spelling/syntax mistakes, ask me to repeat myself and I will.

I'm having a recurrent problem with my sim's actions.
It started some time ago; I realized that whenever I tried to get a sim to ride their horses the action would stay queued forever and the horse wouldn't ever change (get their saddle and stuff on), my sim made the action of saddling the horse but the riding gear never appears, the horse doesn't change into it.
If I cancel the action for both for sim and horse, or individually, it stays queued forever with a big red cross over it.
It doesn't go away, I have to reset the horse, the sim or the whole lot using the master controller, I try again and the same happens, it's been going on for some time.
I use a lot of CC but I never had any issue, I haven't installed anything recently, the problem started time ago and I haven't installed CC before it started to happen.
I don't know what this is and it's bothering me a lot.
May be my save corrupted or something? Do you reccomend me to reinstall everything and transfer my saves? I think there might be a problem with my saves somewhere though, I don't think it's the game itself.
I have all of the expansions installed except into the future and my game's patch is always up to date.
I don't really know how to deal with this, I can't find any post about it.
EDIT: I noticed they can't work out either, the action starts frozen too, it never starts and when I cancel it it stays queued forever. I don't know what other things may conflict but those are the 2 I've seeing so far.

The other problem I have is that the camera in create a pet is super zoomed in, no matter if I create a pet from start or if I'm editing one using the master controller it looks like THIS I CAN'T zoom out by any means!!! I had installed a camera mod to be able to zoom in more in CAS and CAP but it worked like crap so I uninstalled it, in fact when I installed the mod everything looked like in the picture and it was impossible to zoom in or out at all, I uninstalled it, cleaned the cache and it's still the same, this situation has been going for months. I don't know what else to do because I can't find anything about this issue.

I'm running it on a gaming computer and my OS is windows 7 Professional.
As I said I never had any issues, this all started all suddenly and I can't find any way to fix it.
Please I'd be thankful if you can help me, or at least if there's someone with the same issue even if no one knows how to fix it :/ Just let me know.

Thanks a lot.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#3 Old 5th Oct 2015 at 7:53 PM
Are the issues still there if you start your game without CC? Or when you make a new The Sims 3 folder?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 5th Oct 2015 at 8:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MariTom
Are the issues still there if you start your game without CC? Or when you make a new The Sims 3 folder?

I have a vanilla game installed in other partition and the problem isn't there of course, it started all of the sudden; I will try install the expansions I use and move my save without CC to the vanilla game to see if it persists, if it doesn't I'll move the CC and see what happens.
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#5 Old 5th Oct 2015 at 9:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Well, looks like you got one now.

/me looks for super helpful advice and sees none

Quick note: *adjusts mod hat* (It was a wee bit crooked. And now I notice it's in need of a good dusting off too...) While the OP does seem to have a problem now when they've never had one before, pointing that out isn't helpful in any way. A good follow up to the quoted post would've been "Have you tried ______ or ______?". You know, something that may actually HELP. While there are times an answer like the quoted post could be seen as funny/amusing, this isn't really one of those times.

Props to the OP for not replying in a "Gee, thanks Captain Obvious" manner.
Site Helper
#7 Old 9th Oct 2015 at 2:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
On the contrary, my comment is the most helpful. Or I can do what Mummy does in TS4 help forum and just cut and paste the same message telling them to do a clean run, but I prefer a sarcastic sense of humor.

"What happened when you tried a clean run?" is a bit more subtle, but would have fit nicely in the post. It even continues your sarcasm, as the clean run was obviously NOT done yet.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Alchemist
#8 Old 9th Oct 2015 at 4:54 PM
Sometimes certain interactions get stuck (crossing them out won't cancel them), and you'll need to reset the stuck Sim(s).
If you haven't already, I would suggest either resetting the entire town's population (with the command "resetsim *"), or getting Master Controller and resetting the entire town via Nraas / Master Controller / Town / Reset Everything.

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!