Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Apr 2015 at 4:00 AM Last edited by Devilfish : 30th Apr 2015 at 2:22 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Camera mode zoom problem [Solved]
This is very hard to describe, but it's a problem with camera mode. When I hit TAB in game, the camera zooms out really far and it creates a weird fish eye effect. It's actually easier to just show with screenshots.

Normal live mode:

After hitting TAB, and nothing else, no scrolling or zooming, just TAB:

It doesn't happen right away. The first couple of time I hit TAB after starting the game it works normally, but the more I use it the more I get this effect.

I've removed my mods and cache files and the problem persisted. I just have no idea what's causing this.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 25th Apr 2015 at 12:48 PM
screen is distorted because you "zoomed out" within free camera mode. Hit "Z" key to "zoom in" until you shall be pleased ("X" "zooms out").

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Apr 2015 at 2:00 PM
Thank you! I can't believe it was that simple. I guess I'm just so used to this game and my CC borking it up that I never even considered that I might just be doing it wrong. Thanks again for the help.
Scholar
#5 Old 25th Apr 2015 at 10:54 PM

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
Scholar
#7 Old 26th Apr 2015 at 1:30 PM
Yep, there're mouses without And, on the funy part - notebook's drivers (which simulates "wheel" functionality) goes mad with time. At last - often for me. Maybe I'm just the talented one. There's workaround of course, for not to be useless (Windows):

Scholar
#9 Old 26th Apr 2015 at 2:03 PM
Oh noo.. there's PAUSE afterall. Playing some FPP with a touch pad - that's a boss