Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd May 2015 at 5:33 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Default Sim is not in .sim format
I've downloaded a family and a Sim, and wondered why they didn't work in my game - turns out they're .package files... i put them in my mods folder and still nada. Anyone know why?

19 - Female - Australia
Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd May 2015 at 8:01 AM
There's nothing to extract, they're package files

19 - Female - Australia
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#4 Old 2nd May 2015 at 8:09 AM
You said that you downloaded a family. Does the download say that they are households or are they supposed to be individual Sims? Did you download them as sims3packs or did they come as .package right from the start? How did you install them?
If they are households then you should place them in Library instead of SavedSims. If they are Sims but came as .packages then try renaming them from ".package" to ".sim".
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 2nd May 2015 at 11:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Don_Babilon
You said that you downloaded a family. Does the download say that they are households or are they supposed to be individual Sims? Did you download them as sims3packs or did they come as .package right from the start? How did you install them?
If they are households then you should place them in Library instead of SavedSims. If they are Sims but came as .packages then try renaming them from ".package" to ".sim".

They were .package files from the very start. I tried putting them in the saved sims folder but nada. I'll try renaming the single ones to .sim packages and put them back into the saved sim folder and report back

19 - Female - Australia
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 2nd May 2015 at 1:43 PM
So putting the family in the library worked - but changing the .package to .sim files for the single sims didn't work. Unsure why they were even put as .package files in the first place!

19 - Female - Australia
Scholar
#7 Old 2nd May 2015 at 2:02 PM
Have you tried to open this questionable package file in S3PE and look into?
Maybe someone just packed .sim files (with other resources maybe >.> (but why???) ) into this container. In such case - just extract sim file into SavedSims and the file itself (minus extracted file - delete it) put into Mod/packages. If there're some resources and you want them.

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#8 Old 2nd May 2015 at 6:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by shaaaii
So putting the family in the library worked - but changing the .package to .sim files for the single sims didn't work. Unsure why they were even put as .package files in the first place!
It may simply be because that Sim is saved as a household, too, or does it not show up when placed in Library either?