Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Mar 2014 at 4:35 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Problem installing the SimPE
I have done a google search and could not find anything on it.

I'm trying to install the SimPE but hit a snag. Now the SimPE_0_72_01c_Setup.exe installs fine but when I go to install the SimPE_MGPatchInstaller.exe it tells me the SimPE could not be found. I have both files set to run as administrator and the compatibility set to Windows XP with service pack 3. I didn't have this problem when I installed it on XP and Vista in the past. I should mention the OS I'm trying to install it on is Windows 7 so is there anything I can do to fix this?

My mini city: Rygel City
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 6th Mar 2014 at 3:00 PM
I would just use the .zip file version of the patch, if I were you. It's very simple to install following the instructions.

Alternatively, you might want to download the 0.73.44 QA version of SimPE instead, just so you have the absolute latest version.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Mar 2014 at 4:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
I would just use the .zip file version of the patch, if I were you. It's very simple to install following the instructions.

Alternatively, you might want to download the 0.73.44 QA version of SimPE instead, just so you have the absolute latest version.

Thanks for your help. I'll just get the latest version so I can get to that stove recolor I want to do since EA only did yellow and black.

My mini city: Rygel City