Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Apr 2014 at 8:27 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Crashes when loading anything to do with appearances! Please Help.
So yesterday I tried to buy an outfit, while the clothes were loading the game crashed. When I reloaded the game I tried to change their appearance in the mirror, while it was loading it crashed. (I did the mirror once more, still crashed) Then I decided to see if CAS would work, while loading it crashed. I've never had this problem before. Is something corrupted, and if there is how do I find it and fix it? Please help me out, I really need to fix this asap. Thank you in advanced.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 6th Apr 2014 at 10:30 PM
Sounds like you have a corrupted file/s. The best way of finding that is A, remove anything you recently downloaded or B If you don't know is to do a 50/50. remove half of your cc and load a test hood. If it crashes you know your bad cc is in that half, if not you know it's in the other half. Then you keep halving and testing until you find the file/s. It can be hard if there is more than one. I had two corrupted elder male outfits and it took awhile to track down. Not fun, but it works. Another way is because it's related to the mirror is to just test body shop files. You can be pretty sure it isn't a garden plant or a piece of furniture.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Apr 2014 at 6:33 PM
Well, after I posted this I went into a different neighborhood and it worked fine, so I went back into the neighborhood this was happening in originally. And it's worked fine since. Do you think I still have corrupted files or was my game just spazzing out?