Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
#76 Old 12th Jan 2012 at 10:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Dordracio
Because i dont like gays.

Dude... What the hell.

Evil doesn't worry about not being good. - The Warden, Dragon Age Origins
Advertisement
Scholar
#77 Old 12th Jan 2012 at 10:42 PM

Well, you're honest, but misguided. It's silly to dislike a whole group of people over one trait. You probably know some cool gay people and just don't realize that they're gay.
Scholar
#78 Old 13th Jan 2012 at 3:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Oaktree
Well, you're honest, but misguided. It's silly to dislike a whole group of people over one trait. You probably know some cool gay people and just don't realize that they're gay.

It's because he's one of those "good Christians" who believes everything the Church says. Reading his other posts was...educational.

Back to topic: Blood donation should be based on how long you've been in a committed relationship or celibate, not on your gender or sexuality.

Sarcasm is a body's natural defense against stupid.
Scholar
#79 Old 13th Jan 2012 at 3:05 AM

I have to be polite to you, but I really don't want to, for this and pretty much everything else you post.

Damn, I have this nagging suspicion that this'll be deleted.

"You're born naked, and everything else is drag."
dA
Last.fm
tumblr
Banned
#80 Old 13th Jan 2012 at 5:45 AM
"I support the ban."
"You have to give a reason."
"Because I don't like gays."

Do you like people in need of blood? Do you think they deserve to die because a large amount of the world's population is homosexual, and "infected"? Or maybe you care about them so much, you don't want them to catch the gay. Because everyone knows that gayness is bedazzled in someone's blood.

This "Dordracio" guy, I've seen him around before, and I've noticed he has taken quite the distaste to gays. Perhaps a rouge, for his own closet homosexuality?
Top Secret Researcher
#81 Old 13th Jan 2012 at 6:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kattenijin
Back to topic: Blood donation should be based on how long you've been in a committed relationship or celibate, not on your gender or sexuality.

When you are in a committed relationship there is no guarantee that your partner isn't sleeping with other people.
Banned
#82 Old 13th Jan 2012 at 4:15 PM
And anyone in a committed relationship can have an STD.

ANYONE can have an STD. Gays, straights, people in a committed relationship, people sleeping with tons of people... Hell, even some children can be born with AIDS!
Scholar
#83 Old 13th Jan 2012 at 10:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simbalena
When you are in a committed relationship there is no guarantee that your partner isn't sleeping with other people.

True, but that's not what they are asking on the form. In New York the question reads:
Quote:
23. If you are a man, have you ever had sex with a man, even one time? If you are a woman, have you ever had sex with a man who has ever had sex with a man?
(emphasis mine). If the answer to that question is yes, then you are NOT allowed to donate blood, even if that one time was when you were 15, and you are now 35 and have been celibate for 11 years, and test negative for HIV.

It's more a case of "you haz teh gay!" than anything else.

Test Subject
#84 Old 16th Jan 2012 at 4:08 AM
No one has the "right" to donate blood. Just like no one has the "right" to donate eggs, sperm, bone marrow, kidneys, etc. Which in those donations, has a high screening process too. If they were discriminating against people for receiving blood, I can see a reason for an uproar.

It's providing as much protection as possible. Yes, not all gay men have HIV, but not all HIV testing is 100% accurate on the donated blood. And sadly, the fact of the matter is, it's a high risk group. They would much rather protect the person receiving the blood than running the risk of offending the person who wants to give it. Yes, it's a stereotype, sadly it's one with a lot of history and facts behind it. Blood donation is about the life of the person receiving it, no the feelings of the person giving it.
Scholar
#85 Old 16th Jan 2012 at 4:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tovasshi
It's providing as much protection as possible.

B******T

As for not having the "right" to donate blood, then people who need blood have no "right" to ask for it.

Lab Assistant
#86 Old 2nd Feb 2012 at 7:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tenielle
Heterosexual couples can both engage in anal sex and test positive for all sexually transmitted infections and diseases, yet are still able to donate blood.

Exactly this.

It all just another way to spread and keep hate alive.

Been downloading like crazy...so many great creators here! Neglecting forums...will be back soon...ish.
Retired
retired moderator
#87 Old 3rd Feb 2012 at 12:37 AM
This also applies in New Zealand. It's so massively outdated, a product of the 1980s AIDS scare. Blood is screened after it is taken anyway, and blood donations are almost always lacking. As someone with an 0- blood type (universal donor), it's pretty much my responsibility to donate despite hating needles, and yet I can't.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON

Page 4 of 4