Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Feb 2014 at 7:32 AM
Default Deleted Neighbourhoods
Hi.

SOMEHOW the first three neighbourhoods (Pleasantview, Strangetown and Veronaville) have been deleted off my COMPUTER. I want to reset them though, so is there any way I can find or download the files again so that I can reset them?

Thanks!
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 25th Feb 2014 at 7:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by teeeeegz
...so that I can reset them?

And by this I mean, so that I can reset the neighbourhoods.
Theorist
#3 Old 25th Feb 2014 at 7:50 AM
Please don't double or triple post; use the edit button to edit your first post.

If you'd want the original Maxis neighborhoods, you can get them off of your base game CD/DVD.

But, if you'd like clean versions, corrupt-free and highly recommended by the Sims2 players, you'd want to get Tarlia's clean neighborhood templates. Once you download Pleasantview, Strangetown and Veronaville, extract the .rar or .zip archives and paste the N001, N002 and N003 folders to C:\Users\[you]\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Neighborhoods. And that's it.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 25th Feb 2014 at 8:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DJ.
Please don't double or triple post; use the edit button to edit your first post.

If you'd want the original Maxis neighborhoods, you can get them off of your base game CD/DVD.

But, if you'd like clean versions, corrupt-free and highly recommended by the Sims2 players, you'd want to get Tarlia's clean neighborhood templates. Once you download Pleasantview, Strangetown and Veronaville, extract the .rar or .zip archives and paste the N001, N002 and N003 folders to C:\Users\[you]\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Neighborhoods. And that's it.

I have just uninstalled Bon Voyage. I have up to Seasons and that's it. I have replaced neighborhoods, saved sims, downloads, but hopefully I'm still missing something: Because the neighborhoods that I created (all but one created prior to B.V.) are still not
showing up. Would you kindly tell me what other folders, if any, need to be replaced with the old, prior folders? TIA.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 25th Feb 2014 at 9:00 PM
Even if you created before you installed B.V. they now have the B.V. EP require to play those hoods.

If you want the org. 3 hoods back that is very easy to do, you have 2 easy ways and 1 not so easy unless you did it before.

1. Move your "C:\Users\(your computers name)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2" folder to your desk top and start up the game and the game will make a new "The Sims 2" folder with every thing you started with when you first installed your game plus EP.

2. Like DJ. said download Tarlia's clean heighborhood and put them into your "C:\Users\(your computers name)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Neighborhoods" folder.

3. Go to "C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\UserData\Neighborhoods" and copy (and I do mean copy) and paste them into "C:\Users\(your computers name)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Neighborhoods" folder making sure you do not have a N001, N002 and N003 folder already. If you already have N001, N002 and N003 in there you must delete them first.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 25th Feb 2014 at 9:36 PM Last edited by sarah's jones : 25th Feb 2014 at 10:09 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by marka93
Even if you created before you installed B.V. they now have the B.V. EP require to play those hoods.

If you want the org. 3 hoods back that is very easy to do, you have 2 easy ways and 1 not so easy unless you did it before.

1. Move your "C:\Users\(your computers name)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2" folder to your desk top and start up the game and the game will make a new "The Sims 2" folder with every thing you started with when you first installed your game plus EP.

2. Like DJ. said download Tarlia's clean heighborhood and put them into your "C:\Users\(your computers name)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Neighborhoods" folder.

3. Go to "C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\UserData\Neighborhoods" and copy (and I do mean copy) and paste them into "C:\Users\(your computers name)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Neighborhoods" folder making sure you do not have a N001, N002 and N003 folder already. If you already have N001, N002 and N003 in there you must delete them first.

So all my created n.h.babies are gone,eh? Two of them were highly populated and used. I had great plans for them! I have yet to test if my original n.h.lots are intact in Pleasantville, Veronanville, and RiverBlossum Hills. I will go and check out Tarlias' Clean neighborhood.
All of this because some great hacks I downloaded (Simblender and Echo's farming items were not in agreement with Secur-rom. Securom did a heck of a lot of damage to Riverblossum Hills. I have been in effort to remove Securom and what I read was that you should eliminate B.V. first before you search the registries.

Ok., (not ok.) So now I see ALL the N.h.s are all swiped clean. Years and years of work. Question: If I re-install B.V, will I get my old n.d.s back? Anybody???
Site Helper
#7 Old 25th Feb 2014 at 10:28 PM
When you uninstalled, didn't you get a warning that EA was going to delete all of your old stuff? It's always best to backup your save game before uninstalling, because of that.

I don't suppose that you've got any recent backups?

As far as I know, those files are actually deleted and not just moved to your recycle bin, but you could look in the recycle bin anyway. I understand that some versions of Windows might actually keep a backup of your files for a while, but someone else would have to explain where to look.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 25th Feb 2014 at 11:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
When you uninstalled, didn't you get a warning that EA was going to delete all of your old stuff? It's always best to backup your save game before uninstalling, because of that.

I don't suppose that you've got any recent backups?

As far as I know, those files are actually deleted and not just moved to your recycle bin, but you could look in the recycle bin anyway. I understand that some versions of Windows might actually keep a backup of your files for a while, but someone else would have to explain where to look.

Yes, I backed up every file on a thumb drive. All of Sims 2 before proceeding. But it doesn't seem to matter as far as n.h.s apply. UNless I have omitted a component. I Only changed the neighborhood folder, saved Sims. Packaged lots were devoid of any lots when I started the un-install.
Site Helper
#9 Old 25th Feb 2014 at 11:37 PM
If you backed up Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2, then your neighborhoods should still exist in the Neighborhoods subfolder. However, they won't work until you reinstall BV, because they'll require the BV game engine.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 26th Feb 2014 at 12:14 AM
If you have SecuROM the this tool will remove it. https://support.securom.com/removaltool.html

I also sent you a PM.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 26th Feb 2014 at 1:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
If you backed up Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2, then your neighborhoods should still exist in the Neighborhoods subfolder. However, they won't work until you reinstall BV, because they'll require the BV game engine.

Thank you Mootilda, this isn't the first time you've stepped in to help me. I will reinstall B.V. although I'm not happy with the game in and of itself -it lags my game -and I miss Season's into music, which is a lot better than hula music! Thank you yet again!
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 26th Feb 2014 at 1:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by marka93
If you have SecuROM the this tool will remove it. https://support.securom.com/removaltool.html

I also sent you a PM.

Thanks Marka!
Site Helper
#13 Old 26th Feb 2014 at 2:17 AM
If you remove SecuROM using that tool, I do not believe that the game will run.
Moderator of Please Read the Help FAQs
retired moderator
#14 Old 1st Mar 2014 at 1:07 PM
Mootilda is correct that if you remove SecuROM, the game will not run. Also, as a reminder of the site rules. We do NOT support No-CD cracks . Site Rules - Posting Guidelines

Please do not PM me with Game or Site Help questions. Post them in the appropriate section after going through the FAQs.

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." ~ Verbal Kint, The Usual Suspects
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#15 Old 1st Mar 2014 at 1:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sarah's jones
So all my created n.h.babies are gone,eh? Two of them were highly populated and used. I had great plans for them! I have yet to test if my original n.h.lots are intact in Pleasantville, Veronanville, and RiverBlossum Hills. I will go and check out Tarlias' Clean neighborhood.
All of this because some great hacks I downloaded (Simblender and Echo's farming items were not in agreement with Secur-rom. Securom did a heck of a lot of damage to Riverblossum Hills. I have been in effort to remove Securom and what I read was that you should eliminate B.V. first before you search the registries.

Ok., (not ok.) So now I see ALL the N.h.s are all swiped clean. Years and years of work. Question: If I re-install B.V, will I get my old n.d.s back? Anybody???

if you uninstall an EP you are uninstalling everything you ever did with that EP including lots, sims etc. If you have a backup and reinstall BV and your backup yes, you should get them back.
As much as I dislike Sucyrom, I really doubt that whatever issues you are having with the simblender, Echos things or Riverblossom hills was caused by it. It can cause issues but I've never heard of issues with those things. It has nothing to do with your download folder. Most issues with your game are caused by clashing cc or hood corruption.
What was happening to make you think it was a Suck-u-Rom issue?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#16 Old 1st Mar 2014 at 2:58 PM
Um, the Windows username is required because it's part of the file path. The only files downloaded are TS2 neighborhood files, and you -must- know the Windows username in order to put them in the right place. There is no possible security breech following those instructions. I think you are confused, but in any case, there is no cause for anyone to be even slightly concerned following those instructions. Nobody can access your computer doing that, really. It's 100% safe.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 1st Mar 2014 at 2:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
Um, the Windows username is required because it's part of the file path. The only files downloaded are TS2 neighborhood files, and you -must- know the Windows username in order to put them in the right place. There is no possible security breech following those instructions. I think you are confused, but in any case, there is no cause for anyone to be even slightly concerned following those instructions. Nobody can access your computer doing that, really. It's 100% safe.

I thought it was requiring the cpu's name also my mistake
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 2nd Mar 2014 at 1:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
if you uninstall an EP you are uninstalling everything you ever did with that EP including lots, sims etc. If you have a backup and reinstall BV and your backup yes, you should get them back.
As much as I dislike Sucyrom, I really doubt that whatever issues you are having with the simblender, Echos things or Riverblossom hills was caused by it. It can cause issues but I've never heard of issues with those things. It has nothing to do with your download folder. Most issues with your game are caused by clashing cc or hood corruption.
What was happening to make you think it was a Suck-u-Rom issue?

Days later: Uninstalled and re-installed. All neighborhoods were ok. At that point I only played Riverblossum Hills, the compromised n.h., wherein I had one helpful Sim. She had items in her personal bin. When I attempted to remove items, the game crashed. Before that time I had already removed all hacks. Echo's awesome trees and such were merely tokens. Simblender was only a plant.

Each time it crashed, a note from SecuRom came up. It read: THE SIMS 2 BON VOYAGE- "This application is not compatible with the installed operating system. Please upgrade to Windows 98SE, Windows 2000 or better."
I have Windows 8, unfortunately. Then, it would not open the game. In the next few days I found two different back doors, first one and when that was closed to me, I found another using a utility. What I learned before the game crashed again was that SR will crash any lot that used to have a hack on it, even though the hack itself was gone. SR must read something and think an old hack is pirated or something to that extent.

I have to believe the difference between you and I is the operating system. Where you may be able to enjoy some hacks in your game, I cannot, the game crashes. And the neighborhood is left in shambles. Learning from these crashes: I removed 2 lots that my helpful Sim entered and then cleaned out the trash bin.. Re-booted, and then SR 'allowed' me back into the game. I also did a SR fix. It removed some data. After that, I could pull out several items in the helpful sim's bin. (just testing). but using the download from SR, it really screwed up the system. Files that are supposed to be in the Sims folders and files themselves were on the desk top, and under the game files, not in them, etc.

I noticed that SR had a 'new download' for Windows 8. However, it is basically non-functional. Besides other things, it crashes.
I don't fault the hacks, but I do believe this O.S. and SR are not shaking hands. That is all I can figure.
I decided to eliminate RiverBlossum Hills last night. However, the TS data appears to be in question as among other things, there's no neighborhood folder anymore.
This morning I uninstalled B.V. and re-installed it. But it didn't right the wrongs. Here is a copy of my folders: Whats in the drive:
Auto run
Support
TSbin
TS Data,
Auto run exe
Autorun inf
Autorun Gui,
Common files list
EA uninstall exe
Uninstall ico
Sims 2 ep6.ico
Sims 2 6pack 6_uninst.exe.
Files ready to be written to the disc (1)
+ desktop.ini

Whats in the TSData:
Files currently on the disc (1)
Control

Unless I'm not looking in the right directory, I cannot find neighborhoods or any of the things I'm used to seeing. This is the DVD RW drive (D)
Please tell me I'm not looking in the right directory!
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#19 Old 2nd Mar 2014 at 1:15 PM
What's suggesting to you that the crash is caused by SecuROM?

When you reinstalled, did you follow the Windows 8 instructions in this forum - i.e. using compatibility mode for the installer and the game exe, grumpyloading the patches etc.?

All the game files are stored in compressed.zip on the DVD, including the neighbourhood templates. The installer decompresses them when it's copying them into Program Files.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 2nd Mar 2014 at 6:19 PM Last edited by sarah's jones : 17th Mar 2014 at 3:34 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
What's suggesting to you that the crash is caused by SecuROM?

Thanks Nysha. For several reasons. I did not play the game (after the crashes started in any other n.h.s, and did not "play" the game perse. just tested with with my little Sim helper. When the crashes occurred, I got a message from S.R, which ultimately would not allow me back into the game. Looking at the exceptions, the crashes occurred on a lot where this Sim was located. (She long ago had held some hacks in her personal bin) I moved her into the bin, deleted the lot, removed it from the trash bin and re-booted, Then the game opened again.
Also, after I used their utility, at last I was able to remove some of her items. Eventually it crashed again while removing some of her items. That lot also was listed as an exception and later removed.
SecuRom is undoubtedly not ready for prime time with Windows 8. especially in dealing with our Sim hacks, which are reinterpreted as something else. At least on this O.S.
After I used the utility, all my Sims data have been compromised. My documents folder for the Sims only lists one item; downloads, which I had days earlier cleaned out for ease of re-installing. I found one in my pictures folder. Other than screwing around, see above, I've not done anything thing else. And I've never experienced such a mess. The new download at S.R. (for Windows 8) does not work, microsoft shut it down mid-stream.

When you reinstalled, did you follow the Windows 8 instructions in this forum - i.e. using compatibility mode for the installer and the game exe, grumpyloading the patches etc.?
I'm sorry, I didn't explain, I simply re-installed Bon Voyage. As of this mornings re-install, I cannot get to the compatibility mode to change it. It may be somewhere on the computer, I haven't looked for it. There are too many missing folders, and what I saved on the flash drive only concerns itself with the documents folders.
It appears I will have to either reformat or, since Windows 8 is still in test mode with regard to Sims 2 and it's expansions, get another O.S.

All the game files are stored in compressed.zip on the DVD, including the neighbourhood templates. The installer decompresses them when it's copying them into Program Files.

Should I place that folder inside the already created (game generated) TSData file? Inside that folder is the word 'control'.

Just an update> Ran a cleaner and left the game alone. Next morning almost all the files were back where they belong. Lost some downloads-always a bummer. Since I re-installed, I have that thang in triplicate again. It is a cruel and unrelenting taskmaster. At this point I am considering simply purchasing a new confuser, but which O.S? More research indeed. Thanks everyone who attempted to help.

3-17- Still screwing around looking for an answer. Using new Sims, in a created n.h., doing no interactions between Sims. Just rehabbing some lots. At some point a few days ago, I was rehabbing an old lot. Then these things happened: When I entered the lot, the fence disappeared, the Maxis floor disappeared, and all the Sims clothing changed as well as their hair, and body parts were missing.

First I removed the latest downloads. Going back in, the fence and floor re-appeared. I could get in to all the Sims' personal bins without a crash! I suspect the culprit was a fence I had earlier downloaded.
Now to find out what may be altering the hair, body parts, and clothing. I have a suspicion it is a corrupted file way down in the downloads folder, as this was what I was seeing weeks ago.
By now, the Sims themselves alternate between having body parts and not having body parts. Their hair and the alternate clothing 'chosen' by the game are all Bon-Voyage saris and camper clothes.
Btw., all the clothes chosen for these Sims when I created them were all Maxis clothes, done to limit any possible conflicts.