Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Aug 2005 at 12:42 PM
Default Swimming pool trick
Ok.. I found a house that someone created (cant seem to find it now but i have a picture of it thats all. Basically they managed to design a swimming pool attached to the house so you could see the water through the living room. How do you do that?!?!? Anyone? I dont have any EP's.

[IMG]WZblickPS.jpg[/IMG]
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 1st Aug 2005 at 12:47 PM
Someone please answer this question. I saw two houses with these amazing pools, tried to do it and failed miserably. How DO you do it?????
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 1st Aug 2005 at 12:49 PM
I saw this, too, and still can't figure it out. Anyone have any ideas? No exp pack here, either.
Screenshots

If you ever catch on fire, try to avoid looking in a mirror, because I bet that will really throw you into a panic.
Jack Handey-Deep Thoughts
Test Subject
#4 Old 1st Aug 2005 at 12:51 PM
Default Mike Inside
My guess would probably be to check Mike Inside it has plenty of tutorials for stuff like that. :smash:

Without fate we would be going from birth to death only having the illusion of free will.
retired moderator
#5 Old 1st Aug 2005 at 12:53 PM
That is really awsome! I hope somebody posts a how-to soon. In the meantime, I'm off to experiment. My guess is that they build with the "constrain elevation" cheat. Worth a try to mess with it, though.
Test Subject
#6 Old 1st Aug 2005 at 1:13 PM
Here's a tutorial on how to do it from an Exchange Story on the official site.
Test Subject
#7 Old 1st Aug 2005 at 1:24 PM
http://invisiblesims2.com/stairtuto...um01/index.html this is another similar tutorial, hope it helps
Test Subject
#8 Old 1st Aug 2005 at 1:31 PM
Default Re: Swimming pook trick
I could have sworn it was from a site called "Linda's Tutorials"....

"Suffering comes from extremes...find the middle way."
Test Subject
#9 Old 1st Aug 2005 at 1:48 PM
Am I allowed to ask where the house came from?
Original Poster
#10 Old 1st Aug 2005 at 1:54 PM
Hidden Force is the best. That link to that tutorial got it working. When Ive finished the house (about an hours time) Ill make it available to download.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 1st Aug 2005 at 2:08 PM
That looks like they raised the elevation of the ground, added a pool, and maybe had glass walls? I don't know.
Original Poster
#12 Old 1st Aug 2005 at 2:26 PM
yeh.i done it now.il put on a basic pool/house and then people can build their houses around it or something...il put it on in a minute.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 1st Aug 2005 at 2:36 PM
Awesome! Thanks to everyone for the links! Now I can create an Aquarium to go with my zoo!
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 1st Aug 2005 at 3:23 PM
It is just done with BoolProp contrainFloorElevation cheat, Raise and area of gound to a suitable height, place your pool, use the cheat to drag down one of the pool sides the use Numenors glass walls to get that ilusion.
Inventor
#15 Old 1st Aug 2005 at 3:27 PM
You don't need top bump your threead after 5 minutes, be patient.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 1st Aug 2005 at 6:50 PM

this is one i made

SimsMad....For all your simming needs

Covering the Sims 1, 2 and 3. New Sims 3 downloads available.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 1st Aug 2005 at 6:58 PM
Wow that is quite a beautiful effect, i didnt even know you could do that!
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 1st Aug 2005 at 9:08 PM
what house has this effect in it- I could find none that where listed.
Test Subject
#19 Old 2nd Aug 2005 at 2:15 PM
Thanks for the tutorial links. I'm going to give them a try sometime today. Let you know if I am successful. Probably not, I'm just a beginner.

thanks again
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 2nd Aug 2005 at 2:15 PM
did anyone ever make a house?
Test Subject
#21 Old 4th Aug 2005 at 12:54 PM
I tried and tried following the tutorials and after seemingly endless attempts, finally succeeded. Not perfect, mind you, but pretty close. A few more tries and I will have the technique down. Lots of brain work for a beginner.
Forum Resident
#22 Old 7th Aug 2005 at 8:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jicour
I saw this, too, and still can't figure it out. Anyone have any ideas? No exp pack here, either.

i downloaded that house on tsr (i dont know how to build anything like that) but it made my game crash everytime i tried to use that house ! :confused: i was wondering if that happend to you too?
Mad Poster
#23 Old 7th Aug 2005 at 1:07 PM
mgmc0905,
The feature is workable in my system. I played my sims using the aquarium pool and fooling it around the building internally.

Therefore, the problem should not be on the feature.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 7th Aug 2005 at 1:29 PM
Now if only we could get REALLY big fish!! Oh Oh, or sharks!

Mother Sims, "Not going to school today huh? *splash* Think on it for a while...."
Mad Poster
#25 Old 7th Aug 2005 at 4:28 PM
Envious,

windkeeper has made some decorative sharks downloadable @ TSR.
Locked thread | Locked by: ThreadMover Reason: Outdated / No Replies
Page 1 of 2