Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Jun 2013 at 5:14 PM
Default Twallan's Relativity mod
Hello There guys just wanted to ask something about set speed option i read everything and placed the mod right And it also gave me the Message if it is working or not at the start of the live mode But the thing is .... i can't figure out how to make it work i tried to check the options(F5) but still nothing appeared as "set speed" please help me how to change speed.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 20th Jun 2013 at 5:29 PM
You might have better luck asking this on Twallan's wikispaces site, as not everyone here will be familiar with that mod.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Jun 2013 at 6:21 PM
Actually Twallan's space site Does not have a manual for relativity Mod SO how da heck am i suppose to do that? and there is no forums in the site so i could just ask for a solution or a manual.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 20th Jun 2013 at 8:59 PM
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Chatterbox

There's the non- exsisting place where you can ask questions

http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Relativity+FAQ

and the non- exsisting faq that explains

And there's no reason to be rude to Margareth, considering the fact that she answered on a thread that most likely will be locked by moderators.
Instructor
#5 Old 20th Jun 2013 at 11:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hafeez10
Actually Twallan's space site Does not have a manual for relativity Mod SO how da heck am i suppose to do that? and there is no forums in the site so i could just ask for a solution or a manual.

You are wrong in so many levels.
If this is not a "Thorough Manual" I don't know what is.
Quote:
DOCUMENTATION

A full listing of all interactions and details regarding their use are available here : Interactions

A FAQ regarding this mod is available here : FAQ

And for a forum, if you explore the site more you will see "CHATTER BOX" at the left bar. And if you click on it you'll know it's a help forum for users.
I'm a noobie I still can find it by clicking to check.

Furthermore this is MTS site, not Nraas site. If you frustrate to find any answer about Nraas mods it would be better to start with "I don't know if it's the right place to ask but any help will be appreciated..." etc.

Rashing out is uncool for anybody who want help. So uncool.
Eminence Grise
#6 Old 20th Jun 2013 at 11:21 PM
Hello There guys just wanted to ask something about set speed option i read everything and placed the mod right And it also gave me the Message if it is working or not at the start of the live mode But the thing is .... i can't figure out how to make it work i tried to check the options(F5) but still nothing appeared as "set speed" please help me how to change speed.

To access settings for Relativity, you need a clock on the lot. Click on the clock to access the Relativity settings. To change the speed, the setting you want is called "intervals". Choose "Add New Interval" and then "Set Speed". 37 is the default speed; to slow time down to half speed, you'd change that to 18. (The other settings on the Intervals menu are for setting different speeds for different days and times, for instance when the sim is at work or sleeping.)

Having said all that, the above posters are correct that in general we encourage you to get mod help from the mod maker directly The NRaas site can be difficult to navigate for a first time visitor, but once you figure out where to post you'll get prompt and helpful answers. Good luck, and happy Simming!
Instructor
#7 Old 21st Jun 2013 at 4:58 AM
You can also adjust the settings for Relativity (and all Nraas mods) from the city hall icon in map view. Most of them are pretty straight forward.
Alchemist
#8 Old 21st Jun 2013 at 5:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
To access settings for Relativity, you need a clock on the lot. Click on the clock to access the Relativity settings. To change the speed, the setting you want is called "intervals". Choose "Add New Interval" and then "Set Speed". 37 is the default speed; to slow time down to half speed, you'd change that to 18. (The other settings on the Intervals menu are for setting different speeds for different days and times, for instance when the sim is at work or sleeping.)

I didn't know we can set the time by clicking the clock! All this time I've done it using computer or city hall. I don't usually have clock at home though.
Eminence Grise
#9 Old 21st Jun 2013 at 6:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nikel23
I didn't know we can set the time by clicking the clock! All this time I've done it using computer or city hall. I don't usually have clock at home though.

And I didn't know you could do it by computer I only use clocks in houses when I'm using Relativity. Kind of appeals to me to use a clock to control time. But I guess computers have clocks in em too
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 21st Jun 2013 at 7:54 AM
Omg umm sorry to be that rude T_T but really i just don't know much about sims3 cuz i started playing 2 days ago .. still i learned how to set mods and stuff btw Nraas site Is really actually difficult to nevigate as Srikandi said And thanks to u all.
Though i did not knew that there was a clock working shop in sims 3 lol

P.S: Sorry for ur attention guys i just surf less and play more T_T next time i will take my time to read instructions. Sorry again if i did somthing wrong
Alchemist
#11 Old 21st Jun 2013 at 11:43 AM
Omg umm sorry to be that rude T_T but really i just don't know much about sims3 cuz i started playing 2 days ago .. still i learned how to set mods and stuff btw Nraas site Is really actually difficult to nevigate as Srikandi said And thanks to u all.
Though i did not knew that there was a clock working shop in sims 3 lol

P.S: Sorry for ur attention guys i just surf less and play more T_T next time i will take my time to read instructions. Sorry again if i did somthing wrong

Hey, that's okay. I'm sure you didn't mean to be rude. People learn new things, so don't feel bad about that.
Test Subject
#12 Old 22nd Jun 2014 at 10:24 PM
Default Relativity Mod

Click on an alarm clock, go to nraas and click the set speed option. "0" is the normal speed. anything higher makes the time go slower.
Alchemist
#13 Old 24th Jun 2014 at 5:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BeyetteM
Click on an alarm clock, go to nraas and click the set speed option. "0" is the normal speed. anything higher makes the time go slower.

In addition to thread necroing, that information is incorrect too. "37" is the normal speed, "19" is 2x speed, and I couldn't imagine what would happen if you set it to "0".

Just call me Nikel
Field Researcher
#14 Old 24th Jun 2014 at 7:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nikel23
In addition to thread necroing, that information is incorrect too. "37" is the normal speed, "19" is 2x speed, and I couldn't imagine what would happen if you set it to "0".

Actually they're kind of right. The normal speed is 37, but the mod expresses "the game is set to normal speed" as "0", which you replace with a number between 1-36 to set to a speed other than the default 37.
Alchemist
#15 Old 24th Jun 2014 at 8:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by proxiehunter
Actually they're kind of right. The normal speed is 37, but the mod expresses "the game is set to normal speed" as "0", which you replace with a number between 1-36 to set to a speed other than the default 37.

It's pretty ambiguous, I'd say.

Just call me Nikel
Test Subject
#16 Old 19th Jan 2016 at 6:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi

Having said all that, the above posters are correct that in general we encourage you to get mod help from the mod maker directly The NRaas site can be difficult to navigate for a first time visitor, but once you figure out where to post you'll get prompt and helpful answers. Good luck, and happy Simming!

Thank you for answering this. I google searched how to use relativity because after reading all the interactions and documentation on the mods site.. I still didn't know how to use it. I appreciate you giving simple instructions like that! I was getting nervous that after reading all the above comments I was still gonna be confused lol
Mad Poster
#17 Old 19th Jan 2016 at 6:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by xmirellax
Thank you for answering this. I google searched how to use relativity because after reading all the interactions and documentation on the mods site.. I still didn't know how to use it. I appreciate you giving simple instructions like that! I was getting nervous that after reading all the above comments I was still gonna be confused lol

You won't find Twallan around these days, but we are still actually there answering questions for players at NRaas, updating the mods, keeping the place tidy, etc. There is no need to be confused by a mod or its documentation if something isn't clear.

http://nraas.wikispaces.com/page/messages/Chatterbox
(free registration required to post)

As for the question from a year and a half ago, a Relativity speed of 0 is outside the acceptable range and should render the game clock unable to move forward. While that sounds like fun, it would probably be game-breaking if the value is even allowed. I would suggest not using anything less than 10, while 19-24 is more of the norm.
Mad Poster
#19 Old 19th Jan 2016 at 6:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
I'm kinda curious about this. I currently switched it to a 9 and it seems fine. Should there be some glitches to look out for? I originally had it on 18 (which is 50%), but lately I feel that at 25% it is a lot closer to real life.

I would think that at higher speeds (less than 10), the game engine would be in danger of falling over itself at times. But if 9 has really been working well for you, no reason to change it. Personally I prefer 23, anything faster just seems too fast to me. Family and group meal times have always been tricky enough to manage, for example, but everyone done eating before the others have even sat down even with icarus' Set the Table mod, that would drive me crazy.
Site Helper
#20 Old 19th Jan 2016 at 10:47 PM
In the Relativity settings, it does say that you can set to 0 to return to normal. (At least with the menu off the clock. I keep forgetting about City Hall.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
#21 Old 19th Jan 2016 at 11:44 PM
If you are using intervals (one interval during the day another overnight for example), then the speed setting will override the interval settings.
If you set the speed setting to 0, then the intervals' values will be used again.

I never use intervals and was answering what might happen if you just enter 0 as the speed and make no other changes. From the mod's FAQ page:

By default, there are 37 game-engine ticks for each sim-minute. There is no way to process half a tick, so all speeds are integral values.
A speed of "0" ticks would mean that time would not progress at all, and is therefore invalid.
Mad Poster
#23 Old 20th Jan 2016 at 5:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
I'm not sure I understand. I was under the impression that the relativity mod just alter the game clock, it doesn't affect animation. And I'm a little confused on why you refer to lower numbers as "faster?" Doesn't that slow down the clock? I did notice sometimes a sim would sit there after eating for a little bit, but it doesn't seem to be that bad. It also makes it more realistic, most people don't just eat and leave.

The only annoyance is that it takes a longer time to sleep through the night b/c the it is running at 25% of the original clock. But I still think it is worth it. I based the time on how long it takes to walk across a certain area.

Okay, this is a trap. A trick question, right? Nah. I'm not falling for it.

Oh, okay... (sighs)

When I said lower numbers on Relativity settings make things go too fast, I meant the tasks go by too quickly to the sims. Relative to their clock. Not relative to mine. With a setting of 9, a meal would take 1/4 the standard number of sim minutes for the sim to get through (I don't care how long it seems to me, I have all the time in the world). So yes, yes the day goes by slower. But the meal goes by faster to the sims. As does the shower, the time it takes to walk across the room, etc.

Sleep is not supposed to be subject to Relativity unless you change the Relative Motives settings. By default, a sim needs 8 sim hours of sleep if they start out tired (base figure, not taking into account higher quality beds or the Meditative Trance LTR) in order to be refreshed.