Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Aug 2014 at 7:18 PM
Default TS2>TS3 Veronaville
Aside from the Sims 3, I've also started playing the Sims 2, and I really liked the Veronaville neighborhood. And I know there probably is a sims 3 version out there, but I've been recreating this for the Sims 3. I've been working on making the neighborhood seem realistic and life-life as possible and I've taken some original houses from the sims 2 and I've been building them in the sims 3. Aside from the Veronaville houses, I've actually copied a few other house designs from the sims 2. This is the progress so far.
Screenshots

Come checkout my Project Titanic on Sims 3!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 20th Aug 2014 at 5:54 PM
I haven't played the sims for days but here's where I left off. There's other lots I haven't placed in the world yet.
Screenshots

Lab Assistant
#3 Old 20th Aug 2014 at 9:43 PM
Nice, nice, and nice! It seems very promising! I can feel the same vibe as in The Sims 2.
Instructor
#4 Old 21st Aug 2014 at 1:08 AM
Looks great. I'll always have a soft spot for Veronaville. It was the home of my first serial-killer. :P
Field Researcher
#5 Old 21st Aug 2014 at 10:01 AM Last edited by Nilxis : 21st Aug 2014 at 11:40 AM.
I didn't play a lot with Veronaville in TS2, but I remember I loved that house with the fountains in the last picture
It's looking really good, the only thing you should change in my opinion is the road textures, so they look like the ones in TS2:
Probably you've alredy thought about that.

Great job so far!

Find all my creations here:
My blog: Nilxis Designs // My Tumblr page: http://nilxis.tumblr.com
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 21st Aug 2014 at 11:26 AM
I agree about the roads, you should change them.
Theorist
#7 Old 21st Aug 2014 at 5:05 PM
That's one thing that Ts2 did better than it's sequel. At a dead-end road, the end is rounded. In Ts3, it's an ugly square.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Field Researcher
#8 Old 21st Aug 2014 at 6:58 PM
Veronaville was my favourite too. I agree about the roads by the way, but the rest looks fabulous.

(()) Pass the ribbon around if you know someone that
//\\ has survived, died, or is living with cancer..

Grandpa Joost 1996 †
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 22nd Aug 2014 at 1:40 AM
Thanks for the feedback guys, I agree about the roads, I'm trying to figure how to change the road textures. So I'll post pictures from that once I figure that out.

Here's more houses that's been put in.

I'm debating about including the Summerdream home in the world. That house and that family are a little too weird lol.
Screenshots

is going to be a cat when she grows up.
retired moderator
#10 Old 22nd Aug 2014 at 3:27 AM
I guess it comes down to how you're planning to populate the world. If you're doing a strict Sims 2-to-Sims 3, I'd argue that the Summerdreams would be sorely missed. If you're doing more of your own style, then you don't really have to put down any of the original families, Summerdreams, Capps, or Montys.

Veronaville was the only neighborhoodI ever played in Sims 2 that wasn't my own making, so I'll be watching this with great interest.

Strangers in a Strange Land--The Shin Yi Legacy | last updated 3.7.2014
My Simblr | Is probably NSFW