Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Autonomous Put Away Leftovers

by MogHughson Posted 2nd Sep 2010 at 1:46 PM - Updated 5th May 2011 at 10:44 PM by MogHughson : Noting BoilingOil's alternate version

37 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 30 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Inventor
#2 Old 2nd Sep 2010 at 2:07 PM
Sims can finally put away leftovers without me telling them? Great!

I'm always trying to be faster at preventing a lot of food waste because they certainly will throw away food autonomously. Not always, but enough to have me nearly pulling my hair out when they don't have the money to waste food.

Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 2nd Sep 2010 at 2:40 PM
Does this work with, or replace, your put-away-leftovers mod? I've got that, and it's awesome, but I can't always get sims to put the leftovers away before they spoil, so this mod would be quite useful. Is there still an option to put away as a group meal or separate plates, or is it set as one or the other by this mod?
Forum Resident
#4 Old 2nd Sep 2010 at 3:51 PM
Thank you very much for making my sims look a bit more intelligent. Keep up the good work.
Gone Fishin'
retired moderator
#5 Old 2nd Sep 2010 at 4:32 PM
Thank you! Thank you, thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!!! I didn't know about the old mod, so this is extremely welcome!
Field Researcher
#6 Old 2nd Sep 2010 at 6:19 PM
Excellent! No more wasteful sims! Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 2nd Sep 2010 at 7:09 PM
Yay!
Brilliant! My Sims are always chucking good, fresh food into the bin and then complaining that they're hungry. Now leftovers can be put automatically into the fridge, woohooo!

the Llama
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
Original Poster
#8 Old 2nd Sep 2010 at 10:15 PM Last edited by MogHughson : 3rd Sep 2010 at 10:25 AM. Reason: Corrected link
Quote: Originally posted by marie2sims
Does this work with, or replace, your put-away-leftovers mod?
This works with my Simply Leftovers Mod. In fact it was created especially because the other version mentioned did not work with that mod. That thread has just now been updated with details on how it works in conjunction with this one - take a look.

Mostly I fix Gameplay annoyances. I take requests and have made a few Requested mods already. Visit me on MTS Yearbook
My other projects: British High Street, Postal System for the Sims and Better Parking for Sims
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 2nd Sep 2010 at 10:25 PM
you are my hero!!!
Field Researcher
#10 Old 3rd Sep 2010 at 2:02 AM
Mog, that link you gave us for Simply Leftovers is not working. This link:

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=3305849

This is the correct link:

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=342517
Test Subject
#11 Old 3rd Sep 2010 at 2:46 AM
You read my mind! I love your other "put away leftovers" mod and had been wondering if there was a way to make it autonomous. Thank you!
Mad Poster
#12 Old 3rd Sep 2010 at 4:41 AM
You are awesome! :-) I am very very happy right now :-D
Test Subject
#13 Old 3rd Sep 2010 at 9:31 AM
Awesome! You actually went and made a compatible version, thank you so much! Now i won't have to choose. You rock!
Test Subject
#14 Old 3rd Sep 2010 at 2:44 PM
thanks! i already abuse the simply leftovers mod, so this is a perfect addition!
Test Subject
#15 Old 3rd Sep 2010 at 5:40 PM
Thanks for making it because I was using Ancient Highway mods which was not working with your other leftover mod.
So I deleted the older mod, downloaded yours, replaced the previous version of your "Simply Leftovers " and deleted the group.cache file.
But it seems to have problem working in my game. Sims wants to put away leftovers autonomously and they made "a jump". Also there is no options to put away leftovers and the option to clean up the plate, is empty maybe it's because my game is in French. I will check that in SimPE when I'll close the game.
So I made an error log which said "Error: Missing Action String in table."
Instructor
#16 Old 4th Sep 2010 at 2:19 AM
Brilliant! Thank you.
Test Subject
#17 Old 4th Sep 2010 at 10:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mimi0302
and the option to clean up the plate, is empty maybe it's because my game is in French.

Hmm, i had noticed an empty textless option on a plate that was brought by roomservice to a sim on vacation. Haven't noticed that in a regular house yet though. So i'm doubting it's a language thing, because even though i'm dutch, i'm playing the game in english.

Also when i want to make my sims put the leftovers away manually, i only get a choice to put them away as single plates.
Alchemist
#18 Old 4th Sep 2010 at 12:13 PM
Yes, I get the empty textless action too, in regular houses as well. It does replace the "Clean up" action which still works otherwise, and it only seems to show up on group plates, not single ones.

If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
Original Poster
#19 Old 4th Sep 2010 at 12:42 PM Last edited by MogHughson : 5th Sep 2010 at 1:26 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by mimi0302
But it seems to have problem working in my game. Sims wants to put away leftovers autonomously and they made "a jump". So I made an error log which said "Error: Missing Action String in table."
Quote: Originally posted by Ghanima Atreides
Yes, I get the empty textless action too, in regular houses as well. It does replace the "Clean up" action which still works otherwise, and it only seems to show up on group plates, not single ones.
I was an idiot - silly error when slimming down packages. Now fixed. Apologies to all - please redownload.

Mostly I fix Gameplay annoyances. I take requests and have made a few Requested mods already. Visit me on MTS Yearbook
My other projects: British High Street, Postal System for the Sims and Better Parking for Sims
Test Subject
#20 Old 5th Sep 2010 at 9:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Pleun
Also when i want to make my sims put the leftovers away manually, i only get a choice to put them away as single plates.

Both options were there later. Maybe it was just my computer being flaky. It does that sometimes.
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
Original Poster
#21 Old 5th Sep 2010 at 4:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pleun
Both options were there later. Maybe it was just my computer being flaky. It does that sometimes.
Make sure youo get the latest version - I made a silly error which would have caused menus to dissappear or have no text.

Test Subject
#22 Old 5th Sep 2010 at 10:10 PM
Great! Is there something like an autonomous get leftovers mod or could there be one? Anyway this will be helpful, much less food waste.
Test Subject
#23 Old 5th Sep 2010 at 11:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MogHughson
Make sure youo get the latest version - I made a silly error which would have caused menus to dissappear or have no text.

I did the minute i saw it. And only had the one option again when playing tonight. Weird... I'll try to see under what circumstances it happens.
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
Original Poster
#24 Old 6th Sep 2010 at 8:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by wonkycrayons
Great! Is there something like an autonomous get leftovers mod or could there be one? Anyway this will be helpful, much less food waste.
I assume you mean instead of autonomously makeing new food? Sounds plausable. I'll add it to my list.

Instructor
#25 Old 6th Sep 2010 at 11:20 PM
This is useful. Thanks!
Page 1 of 2