Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#76 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 3:47 AM
One time I threw a wedding party at the beach, but forgot to check the "Exclusive Access" button. Right after my sims got married, the groom walked over to a complete stranger and started making out with him while the wife randomly started fishing, totally unaware!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#77 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 3:55 AM
Well today while playing I had my sims throw a wedding party complete with an arch, wedding cake and all that jazz just to see a proper wedding for once, and of course it got ruined by the shoddy routing in this game. Once my sims went to the wedding arch, all but two of the guests were stuck at the back door trying to get past each other and through to the patio to witness the ceremony. Not only that, but some of the guest sims were stuck throwing that confetti stuff for the remaining duration of the wedding as well as a few hours afterwards. The whole time I'm getting increasingly frustrated and shouting "OMG WTF ARE YOU DOING" to the computer screen lulz. It sucks too because it ruined the whole experience...
Field Researcher
#78 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 4:45 AM
This: Wife's in labor - cross-eyed and all. Husband wants her to move so he can make the bed.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#79 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 3:15 PM
I can't figure out if Generations has messed with pathfinding or if it's the house my family are in right now, but I found myself getting extremely frustrated with my game the other night!

I have mum, dad and toddler. Toddler's room is upstairs. I direct mum to take toddler to the salon (she had a mid-life crisis wish to fulfill). She goes upstairs, stands in front of toddler and then goes back downstairs and is confused as to why she can't pick toddler up. I send her back up, same thing. No matter where I made the toddler go, mum could not pick her up. Eventually, after about four sim hours of this (!), mum manages to get her child and they go out.

Next day I direct mum to feed toddler, who is upstairs, on the floor. She picks up toddler and puts her down... in the garage. Because even though the house is a decent size and it's not cramped, apparently the garage is the best place to put her.

I've built them a bigger house and am just waiting until they get enough money so they can move into it and hopefully this stupid nonsense will stop!
Field Researcher
#80 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 5:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by el_flel
I can't figure out if Generations has messed with pathfinding or if it's the house my family are in right now, but I found myself getting extremely frustrated with my game the other night!

I have mum, dad and toddler. Toddler's room is upstairs. I direct mum to take toddler to the salon (she had a mid-life crisis wish to fulfill). She goes upstairs, stands in front of toddler and then goes back downstairs and is confused as to why she can't pick toddler up. I send her back up, same thing. No matter where I made the toddler go, mum could not pick her up. Eventually, after about four sim hours of this (!), mum manages to get her child and they go out.

Next day I direct mum to feed toddler, who is upstairs, on the floor. She picks up toddler and puts her down... in the garage. Because even though the house is a decent size and it's not cramped, apparently the garage is the best place to put her.

I've built them a bigger house and am just waiting until they get enough money so they can move into it and hopefully this stupid nonsense will stop!

That happens to me too - it's so annoying!
Forum Resident
#81 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 9:28 PM
The father of the family is so bent on getting another case, after getting wild at a club, he comes home and ignores his 3rd youngest daughter next to the front gate sleeping in a sleeping bag when she's got a perfectly good bed up in her room. TBF, he's so determined he didn't even have time to put his drink down.

Go suck an elf...
Test Subject
#82 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 3:07 PM
Mastering the invention table, creating 100 big inventions, waiting for the call from the science center, finding the palladium, growing and giving 10 life fruits plants, getting a heart cut pink diamond, and the only easy part getting 100 scraps.

Getting the life core rushing to the invention table, then gaping at it as it refused to gimme that freaking simbot.
Lab Assistant
#83 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 5:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Diamonddrago
Mastering the invention table, creating 100 big inventions, waiting for the call from the science center, finding the palladium, growing and giving 10 life fruits plants, getting a heart cut pink diamond, and the only easy part getting 100 scraps.

Getting the life core rushing to the invention table, then gaping at it as it refused to gimme that freaking simbot.

The only way I've found to make that work is to hold onto the first opportunity from the science facility until you have the items for the entire chain, then turning them in back to back.
Test Subject
#84 Old 21st Jun 2011 at 7:48 AM
Um...this wasn't my character, but my friend's character had sex with her uncle. O.o WTH?
Alchemist
#85 Old 21st Jun 2011 at 8:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Wojtek
I hate it when sims gather in a club and instead of a dancing party they organize a peeing party.

brings a whole new meaning to the words "pissing contest", eh?

"The more you know, the sadder you get."~ Stephen Colbert
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." ~ Jon Stewart
Versigtig, ek's nog steeds fokken giftig
Test Subject
#86 Old 21st Jun 2011 at 8:47 AM
I dislike when my sim played with musical instrument like bass and not put it back where it was...

Put it back where it belong!!! (wave my hands just like my sim and say 'Buggar boo~~~')
Lab Assistant
#87 Old 21st Jun 2011 at 4:31 PM
My sims was tinkering with the computer yesterday and a fire started. He just kept sitting in the office chair. He died that day. Thank goodness he was an evil and ugly sim, otherwise I might've been sad...'

I'll also organize a party to start at six. People get ti my house and I invite them inside. Instead, they stay outside the whole night, even when they need to eat or pee. I swear I did "Invite Everyone in." It was a funding party to get money so a lot of rich people were there. And 3 of them died. I did a face palm and then had my sim switch careers. Funding parties are a pain in the ass.
Scholar
#88 Old 21st Jun 2011 at 4:57 PM
TOP 3 INTERACTIONS THAT MY SIM SLIKE:

- Sprinklers! Whats better than sticking your butt in the sprinkler and get wet in the middle of a foggy day in Bridgeport?

- Hot tubs! Why would I go to work if I can stay here all day?

- Aquariums! It's just suppa awesome to watch fishes swim all day long.

This is my new God:

TestingCheatsEnabledTrue > Click on those 3 objects > OBJECT > INTERACTIONS > DISABLE ALL
Test Subject
#89 Old 21st Jun 2011 at 5:18 PM Last edited by RadicalWonderWorm : 21st Jun 2011 at 5:49 PM.
Overreacting to a member of their own household. When a Simbot has lived in your house for a life stage or more, why do you still stop what you're doing to gape? And I know you're a coward, but will you ever stop fainting when you see the ghost who lives in your house? I mean, doesn't it stop getting scary at some point?

Complaining about their needs instead of meeting them. I know you're hungry. Get food. Look at your queue, I even told you to eat something. And once, I had canceled some stupid action to make a Sim do something intelligent (like eat), and there was something in their queue before it. I moused over: "Wait." For what? Godot?

I'll tell my Sim to go to a particular spot (like near the Sim they want to jam with), then direct them to jam. So they go far away before they do it. Usually outside. If you're a vampire, that's a bad plan.

I had a vampire houseguest who woke up to die of thirst. Particularly annoying, because I was trying to get my Sim to ask her out and hadn't gotten the chance yet. His life goal was Heartbreaker, and ironically, he hasn't managed to date anyone, but now he's brokenhearted.

I had a Sim go to a park with his baby. He kept putting it down on the ground and walking away. I think the game asked me if I wanted to hire a babysitter or not leave. (Can you get a babysitter in the park?) I'm like, I want to not leave my baby on the ground and walk away; thanks for asking.

This is a little more of a butler complaint, but whenever my butler cooked, she'd call everyone to eat. Including my Simbot and vampire, who had diets of exclusively scrap and plasma fruit, respectively. If someone had just eaten and I'd sent them to bed, hoping they'd get there before they passed out, they'd decide they need to eat again first. My vegetarian would eat meat if the butler told him to. I've had vegetarians eat meat autonomously, too. And when one needed to make a meat dish for an opportunity, he ate it before I could stop him. I hate that trait; there's no upside.

I'm playing a variation on I'm Surrounded by Idiots, and one of my unplayed Sims is a workaholic. Before work, I had my played Sim invite him to play shuffleboard. Big mistake. He spent half the work day playing shuffleboard alone (I sent my Sim to work), with a negative moodlet for missing work and a wish to go to work. What made him finally go? He kept playing shuffleboard until his bladder need completely ran out, then wet himself. Since he had to stop playing to do that*, he was finally free to go to work. He even cheered when he realized that.

*How can Sims be so bad at multitasking that they can't pee on themselves while doing anything else?
Lab Assistant
#90 Old 21st Jun 2011 at 6:15 PM
I also hate when one of my sims is in the process of cooking a meal for the household just for another one of my sims to go to the fridge and pull out leftovers and start eating that. Annoys the heck out of me when I have to keep canelling the interaction and find something for the sims to do until the meal is ready.
Lab Assistant
#91 Old 21st Jun 2011 at 7:30 PM
My current sim is a 5-star celeb (lifetime wish, sigh), so any time I'm off my lot, or people are at my lot, I get constantly queue stomped by the entire damn town asking for an autograph. Yes, you'll get your goddamn autograph, let me go piss first.
Top Secret Researcher
#92 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 6:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by justin1010
I also hate when one of my sims is in the process of cooking a meal for the household just for another one of my sims to go to the fridge and pull out leftovers and start eating that. Annoys the heck out of me when I have to keep canelling the interaction and find something for the sims to do until the meal is ready.
I strongly agree with this. In the thread of "what interactions do you wish they could do," there was much sentiment in favor of "eat a meal together." That oughtn't to be hard... the interface anticipates it with "serve dinner..." and so forth, so the right triggers are there, but the rest of the household just aren't in on the plan.

I think the coding is within technical reason, because it's not only done but overdone in the case of curfew violations. Suppose I stay out late one evening to give Janet some alone-time with her date. But if the psychic squad car notices me, then before I'm even entirely rounded up, Janet will have jumped out of bed and be standing there with the "Wait" action in her queue. I guess this is to make double-sure she's ready to lecture the errant teenager. Yet, "Lecture" itself is an action that the player can cancel, so there's an air of head-banging futility about the whole process. It's like, "I'll drop anything to get ready to give a teenager what would have been a lecture, even though it isn't going to be one after all; but I won't alter my plans for something trivial like to eat with the family, retain my job or avoid impending death."
Top Secret Researcher
#93 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 11:58 AM
Have you noticed how guests keep eating at parties even if they are not hungry? Once I checked the guests of my Sim's party and found that they all had the stuffed moodlet. Of course you are stuffed! You did nothing but eating like pigs!
Test Subject
#94 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 7:40 PM
"React to noisy Sim". No, you aren't a light sleeper. No, he didn't turn on the stereo. He was, in fact, playing Chess with another half the lot away. And that's not the only time. His partner roused from sleep when he entered the room too.

Borked. Hate it.
Test Subject
#95 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 10:28 PM
When my frugal Sim shuts the lights off, then gets the it's dark moodlet. Really? It's dark? I had no idea turning off the lights would cause that! Then they stand and complain that it is dark, instead of turning on the freaking lights!
Field Researcher
#96 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 10:53 PM
I don't know why, but most of my sims do this and it is extremely.. agitating. I will tell the sim to go to bed at around 10:00. The sim will then sit there clapping and saying "Whoo hoo!" for at least 2 hours before they finally do what I tell them. It makes me facepalm. They do this before work, before pooping, before EVERYTHING.

Just Call Me Allie :)
Test Subject
#97 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 11:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by catangi
I still haven't gotten over how incompetent my sims are at managing their bladders. They REALLY REALLY have to pee, but then they get distracted, don't go to the bathroom, and end up peeing themselves.

The same thing happens with other tasks (getting distracted during cooking even though starving, leaving bags of dirty laundry on the floor because some other sim wanted to chat, etc, but it's the most ridiculous when they can't even make it to the potty.

my sim did this at his wedding. as his wife-to-be came over to him to say "hey let's head to the wedding arch", he wet himself. in front of all the guests.

also, when my sims need to change their clothes, for work or something, and just hop around clapping and having a joyous time until half their workday has gone by or all the neighbors have seen my sim in her undies out doing the gardening, when she needs to change for her daycare work. doesn't make her look like a very competent daycare provider....
Alchemist
#98 Old 24th Jun 2011 at 2:18 AM
generations is really not impressing me right now.

i have a family of a single mom, tot, 2 teen girls and 1 boy-child.
one of the teen girls is evil. she constantly fights with the boy-child. generations proves super effing annoying in the aspect that it will constantly yank the control of my single mom out of my hands (rude!) to run after and harass them with scoldings and time-outs.
and if the kid violates the time-out around her, she'll run right back over to put him in time-out again.

EVEN IF HE REALLY NEEDED TO PISS.

if she were my (insufferable) mother i wouldve peed on her foot. >_>
this wouldnt be quite so annoying if the tot didnt need teaching (potty training is an opportunistic skill, mind you) and the kids have things to do. STOP PUTTING THEM IN TIME-OUT. POTTY TRAIN TOT BEFORE HE WETS HIMSELF, YOU IDJIT.

apparently EA's idea of good parenting means not letting a kid out of time-out for food or bathroom utilities. hes supposed to starve/wet himself--its for his own good! *eyes pointing east and west...*

Forum Resident
#99 Old 24th Jun 2011 at 2:29 AM Last edited by severedsolo : 24th Jun 2011 at 3:50 AM.
I don't know.. if my parent's made me stand there until I starved half to death and wet myself, I probably wouldn't do it again. Seems like pretty effective parenting to me.

Severedsolo's Simcredible Mods ALL my mods, including ones that have not made it to MTS yet. LATEST ADDITION - SNEAKING OUT FIX FOR GENERATIONS

Please do not PM me asking for help. Use the Help section.
Alchemist
#100 Old 24th Jun 2011 at 3:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by severedsolo
I don't know.. if my parent's made me stand there until I starved half to death and wet myself, I probably wouldn't do it again. Seems like pretty effective parenting to me.

you probably would also probably attend the special class at school after that.

Page 4 of 321