Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 17th Jul 2012 at 1:28 PM
I'm having this problem too. It appears that one it happens to a particular Sim, it can't go to any rabbithole job. I had an actress (lvl 6), she had some time off after having a baby but then she couldn't go back to work. I've quit this career and started another one but it didn't work.
Advertisement
Instructor
#27 Old 17th Jul 2012 at 4:39 PM
Before you quit the filming career you might needed to reset your sim by going to the cheatbox and type Resetsim [and put your sim's name here without qoutes]...
Test Subject
#28 Old 11th Sep 2012 at 1:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Generis
encountered this problem some time ago...

the solution that I found was to use the wardrobe and 'plan outfit' for the sim then delete extra career outfits that the sim has wound up with (the culprit in my game was the chemistry station from Generations which can constantly spawn labcoats as career outfits for its user)... I think this would work only if you have showtime.

This worked for me! Thanks a lot!!

I had the same issue with the chemistry outfit. As soon as I went into "Plan Outfit" it automatically deleted the other custom-made career outfits and changed it back to what I assume it was meant to be in the first place.

Thanks again!

C=
Test Subject
#29 Old 11th Dec 2012 at 2:43 AM
this now happens with EVERY sim, with ANY career. One day it'll do the x'ing itself out thing and then they will never work again, with ANY job! I'll switch careers and they wont go to that one either. I'll check the car in the inventory fix, or putting new career buildings in, but so far I've been having this problem off and on since late night but now it's inevitable
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 30th Dec 2012 at 3:44 AM
This happened to me with Film career 'acting' branch but only since I've installed Seasons. It really was a wardrobe problem. I went to Plan Outfit on the dresser and added a second Career outfit, then had him change into the second outfit and he went directly to work after that. Somehow his career outfits got reset. (I did think it a little strange that he went to work naked a previous day...)
Test Subject
#31 Old 7th Jan 2013 at 5:25 PM
Default It dosent work
I tried making a new building and transferring jobs and it still dosen't work, why? Can you tell me some other ways i might be able to fix it? Also i tried reset sim and it just wont work, please help?
Scholar
#32 Old 30th Oct 2014 at 7:49 AM
Yes, Blue_butterfly, that is precisely what happened with me. I had several Sims successfully complete the movie career before Seasons loused it up. It is certainly a wardrobe problem, since it seems to happen in cold weather when a Sim automatically changes into outdoor clothes when leaving the house. ThenI think it fouls up at the studio end when the game tries to randomly change the Sim into costume for the day's shoot (it is usually a burglar outfit I've noticed). I've tried using Master Controller to give her new work outfits, but they keep resetting. Then the next time she gets to the studio she just won't go in. It is so annoying, the movie career is (or was) my favourite.
Test Subject
#33 Old 6th May 2015 at 4:38 PM
I had the exact same problem and it was driving me literally nuts. I thought I was gonna get fired because it wouldn't let me work. Every time it would cancel it BUT I found out how to get pass that.

I noticed in my skills that I had to get my charisma up four bars. So I called in work for days off unpaid and made my sim read books on charisma. I also did the cheeky cheat of teatingcheatsenabled true so I could make everyone be my friend so I didn't have to go and waste more time making new friends to be able to get my charisma skill up, I also moved apartments (I don't know if that had anything to do with I glitching) But now my sim can finally work.
Page 2 of 2