Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Jan 2015 at 12:29 AM
Default Populating an empty world?
So, I'm doing a medieval/fantasy world. I cleared out a version of Dragon Valley. My plan is to add all my custom families/homes and then let it go and see what happens.

So, the way I've been doing this is to created the home I want, create the family I want, move them into a temp lot and cheat their money up until they can afford the custom lot, move them out, and then move them into the custom house.
The problem I'm running into is that after a bit, when I click on the family after placing them in the temp lot, my game crashes. I've tried lots of different things including a complete clean re-install and starting making everyone over from scratch. Error trap doesn't say what it is. Crash analyzer says my game isn't up to date (it is). The game runs well on my computer otherwise (its well over the minimum requirements).

So, is there an easier way to do this? Is there anyway I can edit a household finances for families who are in the bin before I place them in a house so I can skip the temp lot?
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 2nd Jan 2015 at 12:54 AM
Well you could use the freerealestate cheat. That'll let you move anyone into any house regardless of price.

no power in the verse can stop me
ge smak daun, gyon op nodotaim
jus nou drein jus daun
Instructor
#3 Old 2nd Jan 2015 at 12:55 AM
You probably want the freerealestate cheat http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/88895.page
Edit: Ohohoho, ninjas
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 2nd Jan 2015 at 1:05 AM
This won't solve the crashing problem but you can move the family into a home they can not afford using the freerealestate cheat. You might want to try that anyway and see if it works.
Household funds for sims in the bin can also be edited using NRaas SP and Master Controller can be used in game to add/remove funds. and then there's always the motherlode cheat
As for the crashing. It almost sounds like bad CC or incompatible mods. Have you had someone over at NRaas read the ET script error for you? Those errors contain language the coders and some of the other over there understand and they might be able to tell you what is causing the crash.

whoops...waited too long to post...didn't see Gingerxyz's freerealestate advice...sorry!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 2nd Jan 2015 at 1:33 AM
Thanks you all. I thought there was a cheat, but forgot it was part of the testingcheatsenabled. I will try submitting the log at NRaas. I've got Master Controller installed (its my prefered method of edit fund, etc) and some other mods from there too.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 2nd Jan 2015 at 3:03 AM
Just a shot in the dark: If you're using Windows, did you turn off DEP?

Nobody is Perfect. I am Nobody. And I'm trying to make something wonderful for The Sims 3.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 2nd Jan 2015 at 8:37 PM
I tried the DEP, but it didn't seem to fix it. Its very particular--it crashes when I try to switch to new family (and sometimes new lots). One thing I did notice while trying to do the DEP is that there were only folders for my bases game and some of my expansions--the ones I have a disc for. There are some expansions I bought online and downloaded--could that have any affect on it?
Hard Copy: Base Game, World Adventures, Ambitions, Pets, Supernatural,Seasons.
Download: Showtime, Generations, Late Night,
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 2nd Jan 2015 at 10:52 PM
It's my understanding DEP settings are not relevant any more. Best is to return to that panel and set it for "Use for essential Windows Programs and Services only" which is the default and check for some more info on that before adjusting those settings. I'll see if I can find the thread with those details.
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 3rd Jan 2015 at 1:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
1) Remove all mods/CC
2) clear your cache
3) start a brand new game in an EA created world.

Play around, does it still crash? If yes, please paste your deviceconfig here.

Try nitromon's suggestion ^^ first.

You might also want to consider doing a Clean Folder game. Only removing a few folders still leaves in Library Files, Saved Sims, as well as the game that is crashing. Put your entire Game folder on your desktop or someplace safe and start a new game.

I found my info on DEP:
Somewhere around Patch 1.63 and 1.67 DEP was already disabled for S3 by default.
This can be checked when in game by accessing Task Manager, Processes Tab. It should show Disabled in the Data Execution Prevention Column. If you do not see that column go up to the View Option and within the Select Columns option you can add the column.

With regards to the games you did not see when you went to change the settings it might be because there was no need to have those games there any longer since the patch is/should be already disabling it.