Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Space Pony
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Jan 2015 at 11:49 PM
Default Can't find file location of custom content
So like the title says I can't find the file location of custom content. So far it's been clothing. I've pulled out my mods folder, my downloads and delete my worlds, even cleared out the DCBackup folder of everything but the ccmerged file. Still I cannot find where this clothing is. I'm considering completely uninstalling the game, but considering I have almost all the EP's and two SP's it's a last resort thing. Any help is greatly appreciated, I'm fairly tech savvy, if that is any help.
Advertisement
Space Pony
Original Poster
#2 Old 6th Jan 2015 at 12:15 AM
It's kind of hard to explain so this shirt for example I'm trying to find where it's located so I can delete it. But I looked in my downloads folder and it isn't their and I pulled all of my CAS related mods ie clothing out of my mods folder. But I still can't get rid of it. The image I've attached is something I'm trying to find the folder location of so I can delete it. But it isn't in my mods folder, nor is it in my downloads folder.
I hope that helps, it's really bizarre.
Screenshots
Instructor
#3 Old 6th Jan 2015 at 12:49 AM
Well, you could move your The Sims 3 folder to some other location and move all the folders you do need to the new one, likes saves and Downloads and world information, then check if it's still there. I think one way I once got rid of illusive bad CC was by deleting the Sim I had downloaded before. It never showed up in my game and I forgot about it, but when I deleted the file a pair of shoes that had been floating around suddenly disappeared.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#4 Old 6th Jan 2015 at 1:15 AM Last edited by Don_Babilon : 6th Jan 2015 at 1:51 AM.
Yeah, it's probably embedded in a Sim that you downloaded. Remove the SavedSims folder temporarily and start a fresh game for testing. If that top is gone from CAS then it's one of your Sims in there.
The top is actually from the Store, it came with the Hidden Springs world. My guess is that whoever created the Sim you downloaded had Hidden Springs or items from that Store pack in package format in their game. Store items converted to package files have this bad behaviour of embedding themselves with Sims.
And to narrow down the Sims in question, it must have been downloaded as a sims3pack. Sims that are shared as .sim files and have not been extracted from sims3packs initially don't have this problem.
Space Pony
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th Jan 2015 at 3:38 AM
Thanks for the help, turns out the files I was look for were in the WorldCaches folder. Go figure?!
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#6 Old 6th Jan 2015 at 11:49 AM
For future reference, the stuff in DCBackup isn't used by the game, if you're trying to remove sims3pack content you need to pull out the DCCache folder.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Space Pony
Original Poster
#7 Old 7th Jan 2015 at 4:22 PM
Oh ok, I'm assuming the DCBackup just keeps a backup of the DCCache?
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#8 Old 7th Jan 2015 at 4:48 PM
You'd think that. It does contain the same data, but the files in DCBackup are used whenever you package up a lot or a sim, to attach the CC to the sims3pack. That's the only thing they're useful for, as far as I know.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.