Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th May 2010 at 8:37 PM
Default beauty.....
i am anything but beautiful. i'm not a barbie with the blond hair, blue eyes and the big bust... its hard when you see beautiful people and you compare yourself to them....and you feel like shit afterwords. its hsrdto have self esteem when you've had it crushed out of you when you were a kid. there are men who look at me and say "hell no" without knowing me. that is all i have ever known. why can't a man look on the inside instead of judging on outside first? i know im not beautiful, but i have a great personality! if you men only want a slutty bimbo with std's up the ass go ahead and sleep with her! i'm just saying...i need a chance too.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 13th May 2010 at 8:59 PM
I'm not beautiful but I have boyfriend. Why? Because he is not gorgeous (for me he is) and he feels like me. We looked inside, and then, we understood the beauty of apreciate the outside too.

What's love? ♥My ChannelMy Art PageMy DA

There's never an ounce that I breathe
Without thinking about
Who I could have been if you didn't leave
Come Home ~ Eyes Set To Kill
Mad Poster
#3 Old 13th May 2010 at 9:12 PM
I agree :/ I'm not even pretty... but my boyfriend...well friend I guess. I don't know what I should call him anymore. He was always like you're so beautiful. But I've always been told otherwise. It's hard to believe one person over the world. But what sucks is that the new 'ideal' woman was that celebrity with the giant boobs, super thin, really tan. It repulses me so much. It's beyond ordinary and I'm afraid that will change.

Rise above hate. Love one another. Be kind.
I am INACTIVE on MTS
Come find me on GoS and tumblr:
TS2 Blog
TS4 Blog
Test Subject
#4 Old 13th May 2010 at 9:21 PM
I have a really high self esteem but I don't think I'm gorgeous or anything. I'm just perfectly fine with how I look - and well, I've attracted several guys (not bragging, but trying to make a point). The thing is, just have a lot of confidence and a good personality and you'll be fine.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 13th May 2010 at 9:32 PM
thanx
Theorist
#6 Old 13th May 2010 at 9:58 PM
I'm blonde with blue eyes and a big bust. I'm not beautiful.

OMAR'S BAMFERIFIC!
Be THERE or be SQUARE.
Forum Resident
#7 Old 13th May 2010 at 10:28 PM
I don't care about beauty. I don't care about having a boyfriend.
Sure, it'd be nice, but I don't think about it so much. I've just got other priorities.

If I spent all of my time trying to fit an image and looking for a mate, am I any better than an animal?

I like to focus on the fact that I'm an intelligent being in my own right and the path of, y'know, getting into a relationship, getting married and having a family isn't what everyone has to do.

Heh, what do I know. Maybe I'm just cynical.

Does reading dumb signatures make you feel powerful in some way?
Scholar
#8 Old 14th May 2010 at 2:34 AM Last edited by DollyRot : 14th May 2010 at 11:21 AM.
Confidence is beautiful. I am certainly not the greatest looking person, but I don't give a shit what people think of me and hold myself in high esteem.
If you constantly put yourself down and get worked up about appearence it affects your self confidence and people can see that in the way you hold yourself.
Instead of looking at everything you don't like, look in the mirror and focus on the good stuff. ("SO maybe I don't have a flat stomach, but my hair is awesome, I love my dimples... etc")
Beauty should never be measured in attractiveness, once you convince yourself are beautiful that special person will come along.
Scholar
#9 Old 14th May 2010 at 10:17 AM
I agree with Dolly - if you don't find yourself beautiful how can you expect others to?

And the 'barbie' girls don't have it easy either for your information, more often than not boys just want to get in their pants and nothing else.

cherrycherrycherryboomboom.

Dreamwidth
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 14th May 2010 at 1:28 PM
You girls are all beautiful, okay?

Don't you wanna fly so high above the clouds and trees,
Learn a thing from birds and bees ,
See the morning rise over the ocean up ahead?

tumblr|lastfm
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 14th May 2010 at 4:08 PM
^ Aww, so are you (: <3.
I agree with Dolly and Calline (:

Inventor
#12 Old 14th May 2010 at 6:54 PM
Uh. I'm horrible. Big, round face, small mouth, button nose... the thing is though, I think I have finally accepted I'm never going to be gorgeous. The good thing is though, my best friend loves me for who I am. And once, so did THAT guy. Until he buggered off. Now, on facebook, all my old friends say how pretty I look and I just think "Wow, they have grown up blind."
My friend, who I've just gotten to know, is really pretty, really popular... she likes me for my personality, but the other bitchy girls in my year say I 'smell'. What the hell?!? How immature! Plus, not trying to sound big-headed or something, I don't smell seeing as I spray perfume (nice smelling) on myself a lot during the day.
Plus, who the hell said you have to be barbie to be pretty? Really, where I come from, the colour of your hair or eyes doesn't matter. It is all about being orange, stick thin (in some cases though, not) and bitchy.

Darkness thrives in the void,
but always yields to purifying light.

My Tumblr
Scholar
#13 Old 14th May 2010 at 6:54 PM
^ What are you on about Em? You are gorgeous.

cherrycherrycherryboomboom.

Dreamwidth
Inventor
#14 Old 14th May 2010 at 7:03 PM
^ Thanks Calline. You do always know what to say. :p
But I never feel like it at school. I always look so... bland. Boring. All the girls are cute, petite. I'm small and chubby...
Oh, and no boy looks at me. Apart from a couple, but that THAT guy doesn't even talk to me these days without wanting something.

Darkness thrives in the void,
but always yields to purifying light.

My Tumblr
Forum Resident
#15 Old 14th May 2010 at 7:06 PM
To be totally honest, I don't think ANYONE sees the girls with the fake tan and the bad makeup as beautiful. They see them as easy.

Guys just want to have sex with them to prove how straight and manly they are to all of their friends. It's not like anyone respects them or wants a proper relationship with them.

The girls know it too. They just want to be seen as the popular ones.

It's not about the other person. It's all about status with your peers, and everyone knows it.
It's just that nobody has the guts to stand up for themselves and get some respect for their talents and personality.

Does reading dumb signatures make you feel powerful in some way?
Scholar
#16 Old 15th May 2010 at 6:39 AM
I'm not beautiful. I can pass for pretty in a good light. Fluorescent lighting is my enemy.

However, I guess it's lucky that I got the not-so-stunning genes, because I am not into romance, I like just doing my own thing and living in my own little world. And the guys that have liked me I can be fairly sure that they like me for ME, not because I have perfect skin or big tits (I have neither :P).

Call me Meg

lately i want everything
every star tied to a string

av credit
Mad Poster
#17 Old 15th May 2010 at 6:53 AM
Beauty is overrated. Physical beauty, at least. Of course, looks are the very basic first impression as when you first meet someone you don't learn everything about them, but they shouldn't matter to the degree that they do.

Everyone is beautiful in their own way ♥
Test Subject
#18 Old 22nd May 2010 at 5:11 AM
I agree with everyone here. You all seem to say sort of the same stuff - beauty comes from within and most people like me just cause I am confident and do what I want ( There are limits though! ) If you feel good about yourself it will show on the outside and people will start to see your inner beauty :D

Chocolate Chip Cookie
Scholar
#19 Old 22nd May 2010 at 6:35 AM
Just went and had a look at my sisters YT page too see if she's put anything new up and found that she's still going on about this stupid THINSPO thing when she is only 45kg!!(99lbs). What the hell is it with this huge thinspo craze?

Being yourself is beautiful. Curves and boobs are beautiful. Killing yourself by crazy-dieting to make yourself skinny as a twig is not.

Why do girls constantly hurt & kill themselves by letting them get that way? Every girl is gorgeous, you don't have to be skinny to be beautiful.

Georgie. Aka Geah
Flickr × MTS Yearbook
27.11.08|17.12.08|24.06.09|06.06.10|24.07.10|19.11.2010
Kia Kaha
Theorist
#20 Old 22nd May 2010 at 11:26 AM
I'm rather plain looking, it's not low self-esteem that's saying that, it's just a fact. There are things I'd like to change about myself, like smaller boobs and perhaps losing a stone, but even if I did those things they wouldn't make me beautiful; I'd have to change everything that makes me me to do that. But I still act like I am beautiful. That's more important than really looking beautiful, because then other people are more inclined to believe you're pretty if you believe you are. If you think of yourself as ugly or plain then you're probably going to try to blend into the background which means people either won't notice you at all or will just think of you as boring or shy. If you look like you're having a great time then you look great too. And of course different people think different things are beautiful. A lot of people have been mentioning blonde hair and big boobs here as beautiful, but personally I'm more envious of people with dark hair and small boobs.

"Your life was a liner I voyaged in."
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 22nd May 2010 at 12:04 PM
I am definitely not beautiful, but I'm generally happy with how I look. (recently) short dark hair and no chest to speak of. I have attracted a couple boy, didn't like em that way though. I do have a quite a few good friends and am - for the most part - quite confident, so that's what matters, hm?

I want to go back to believing in Everything and knowing Nothing at all...
My DeviantArt... =]

Parasites in Paradise - The perfect world. Yeah, not so much.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 22nd May 2010 at 1:48 PM
There's always going to be someone who thinks you're beautiful, and someone who thinks you aren't. Just try to have confidence and don't let it bother you

I have blond hair and blue eyes, and I really don't see why so many people think it's amazing. Brown hair and brown eyes are just as nice.

:)
Scholar
#23 Old 22nd May 2010 at 2:03 PM
I'm pretty thin (not stick-thin though, of course) and I have brown hair and brown eyes. I wouldn't call myself beautiful, but at Nhintz said, brown hair and brown eyes are nice. Almost all the "popular" girls in my grade (aka bitchy) have brown hair. If you have confidence, though, you will come across as a lot more beautiful. I'm not even kidding. If you look all sad or annoyed all the time, will you look the same as someone who is smiling?

"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
- Douglas Adams (The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)
tumblr
Mad Poster
#24 Old 22nd May 2010 at 5:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nhintz
I have blond hair and blue eyes, and I really don't see why so many people think it's amazing. Brown hair and brown eyes are just as nice.

Most people see it as amazing because blonde hair and blue eyes are recessive genes. They are becoming less and less common. Brown eyes and brown hair are dominant genes becoming more common. That's why blonde hair and blue eyes are so amazing.

Rise above hate. Love one another. Be kind.
I am INACTIVE on MTS
Come find me on GoS and tumblr:
TS2 Blog
TS4 Blog
Theorist
#25 Old 22nd May 2010 at 5:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by NintendoLover13
Most people see it as amazing because blonde hair and blue eyes are recessive genes. They are becoming less and less common. Brown eyes and brown hair are dominant genes becoming more common. That's why blonde hair and blue eyes are so amazing.

I can remember doing a class survey when I was in year 2, and over half the class had blue eyes and only a few had brown. :S

OMAR'S BAMFERIFIC!
Be THERE or be SQUARE.

Page 1 of 3