Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Jan 2015 at 3:43 PM
Only having babies of one gender
Alright, so I've been having a lot of babies recently and first it was fine and all but lately I've been getting only boys! This is very bothersome since I want to have daughters as well. Now I've been looking though the web for ways to fix this, but all I find is the eating apples/watermelons and I can't do that because the pregnant women are not in my household (I have a male sim impregnating neighborhood women, so their diet is out of my control). Any way I can make my male sim more likely to have daughters? I looked at all the settings in my WooHooer and Master Controller but there's nothing I can use there so what do I need, any mods or something?
Thanks!
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#3 Old 14th Jan 2015 at 4:24 PM
Sounds like an issue with NRaas SP. When babies are born, it checks how many people of each gender exist in the town and tries to balance it out. It doesn't, however, take into account the age of the people, so if you have say, a ton of elder women, a bunch of baby boys will be born so the genders are balanced, even if the ages are out of whack. It usually balances itself out eventually, but you can tinker with the ratios in your settings.

"If I be waspish, best beware my sting."
One Minute Ninja'd
#4 Old 14th Jan 2015 at 4:37 PM
To address your general issues:
SP/General Options/Pregnancy ---> you should have choices for male/female/balanced/random. Make sure it's not set to male. Balanced will help keep the male:female population, well, balanced. Random is just that, each pregnancy in the world is a random roll. Also, you have an option for your same sex couples of only having children of the same sex as well or not in that pregnancy section (if it matters to you).

To solve your own active family balance issues:
MasterConroller/Basic/Baby/gender --> pick what you want. Beats the apples/watermelon approach to planned parenthood.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 19th Jan 2015 at 5:58 PM
Thanks for all your help ^w^ It wasn't an SP issue since I didn't have SP, however after reading the responses I got I decided to install it just to be able to turn off the "population control"-thingy, and that worked
Test Subject
#6 Old 23rd Jan 2015 at 12:38 AM
I hate when I keep getting the same gender.
It especially annoyed me when I was younger and didn't know how to change the likeliness, etc.

Paisley♥
"nimbo helba bob queek welp"