Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Apr 2016 at 11:25 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Sims 3 is non-respondent!
My Sims 3 has always worked fine, and it just started messing up today. The launcher works fine, but whenever I go into the game it:
#1. Shows the little Maxis intro clip.
#2. After that, the whole window goes black (I play in Windowed mode)
and everything becomes non-respondent.

It even lags everything else on my computer when it happens
and it's hell even just trying to close it with the task manager !
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 7th Apr 2016 at 11:35 PM
Have you downloaded any new CC or mods since the last time you booted the game?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Apr 2016 at 11:47 PM
Yes, but when I deleted the new mods I downloaded.. it didn't fix a thing :/
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 8th Apr 2016 at 5:04 AM
Ok, I did the first suggestion and everyone ran fine after I did so.. what do I do now xD ?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 8th Apr 2016 at 8:36 PM
Ok, so this is the new Sims 3 folder we're talking about. When I went into
DCBackup to delete 'ccmerged' before playing, these files were in there:

I haven't even downloaded anything yet!
Instructor
#8 Old 8th Apr 2016 at 8:45 PM
I was under the impression that you should not delete your ccmerged package, especially if you have premium store content that adds Buffs or Skills or Recipes?

However, as I understand everything else you can dispose of because these packages are just backup of sims3pack content you installed with the launcher. And I suppose it should be safe to delete the ccmerged if you're sure it's empty.

Nonamena is the source of all my knowledge.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 8th Apr 2016 at 9:26 PM
Ok, good news everyone! The mods folder isn't corrupted !
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 9th Apr 2016 at 7:34 PM
I don't have any premium content ..
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 9th Apr 2016 at 7:39 PM
PLUS BAD NEWS
My game is doing this annoying thing where I download something (a package file)
and I put it into my Packages folder, but it doesn't appear in my game.
1. Yes, this cc is for my version (1.67)
2. This cc the did work in my game
before moving my Mods folder from the
desktop to the new Sims 3 folder.
Instructor
#13 Old 9th Apr 2016 at 9:15 PM
Even if your ccmerged is empty and you deleted it, it will regenerate. So better leave it alone.

As for CC not showing up in game, is all your other CC showing? If yes, then maybe it's this particular package that's the problem?

If nothing shows up, maybe something went awry when backing up/copying your Mods folder? Did you check that your framework (resource.cfg) was still in place and correct?
Top Secret Researcher
#14 Old 9th Apr 2016 at 9:35 PM
I do not believe the ccmerged.package file in DCBackup will regenerate once deleted. See Nona Mena's Tutorial Here . She has a new ccmerged file available for download at the bottom of the page if you decide you need it.
Instructor
#15 Old 9th Apr 2016 at 10:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by barbarat
I do not believe the ccmerged.package file in DCBackup will regenerate once deleted. See Nona Mena's Tutorial Here . She has a new ccmerged file available for download at the bottom of the page if you decide you need it.

From this same page: "Please note that the game does re-create the ccmerged.package when you delete it, but it is empty, and this empty ccmerged.package will cause most premium content objects to malfunction."

However, if there was anything of importance inside, you're right, it won't regenerate with everything in place. ;)
Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 9th Apr 2016 at 11:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Blyss
From this same page: "Please note that the game does re-create the ccmerged.package when you delete it, but it is empty, and this empty ccmerged.package will cause most premium content objects to malfunction."

However, if there was anything of importance inside, you're right, it won't regenerate with everything in place.

Thank you Blyss. I missed that part.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#18 Old 10th Apr 2016 at 4:15 PM Last edited by shota-oddball : 10th Apr 2016 at 4:57 PM.
I have a question.
If you put sims3packs within your game into a collection
will the sims3packs show in your game without having to
install them or if they were deleted ?
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 10th Apr 2016 at 8:17 PM
No it won't.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#20 Old 10th Apr 2016 at 8:22 PM
Great..