Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Apr 2016 at 3:05 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life
Default camera glitch?
I make sims 3 movies and I use the in game camera. It has never given me any problems before and I don't have any camera mods installed.

Today, in the middle of filming, it got this weird glitch... videos taken while the game is playing (even using slowmotionviz cheat), are fine. But if my game is paused and I try and take a video, no matter how long I record for, the videos come out really really fast (about 3 second videos) and reallly choppy. Like the video camera is only recording certain frames? I'm not sure why, and it's making it nearly impossible to film. I have tried restarting my game, switching households, moving households out and back in, and nothing has helped. Has anyone else experienced this? I am losing my mind!
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Apr 2016 at 3:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
I never had a good experience in recording with the in-game camera. Not only is it choppy, but the compression method is horrid and the final resulted video is very low resolution.

Why don't you try OBS or Fraps ? Both are free.

think I will have to... still no luck. I posed one of my sims, once recording while the game was playing (video was fine), and same pose, but while the game was paused, resulting in a 2 seconds long horribly choppy video. I just don't understand, since it was working fine this morning.

Anyways, I've never used anything like Fraps before. Which do you think would be easiest for a beginner to learn how to use? Sorry if this is a stupid question
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 11th Apr 2016 at 4:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
In my opinion, Fraps is more for advanced users. Though it is much easier to set up, just install and run, Fraps doesn't do compression and so you end up recording huge GB movie files. So advanced users then use other programs to compress it. Etc...

OBS is much more for the general audience. The software is set up for online streaming, but there is a short tutorial that teaches you how to set up the program to record locally on your computer. It also compresses as it records, so you can record around 1GB for 1 hr or something like that, it is very customizable.

Tutorial: Setup OBS for local recording

thank you for trying to help but I would really much rather fix my in game problem. My game was working fine this morning so I think it can be fixed... the in game recorder has always worked for me. I tried OBS but it made the videos look awful so blurry and discolored compared to my in game camera. If anyone has had this problem please help!!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 12th Apr 2016 at 12:54 AM
still having this problem, if anyone can help... I really like the in game camera and would rather not use a different program