Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
#14101 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 11:50 PM
I'm another who finds uni boring and I have two mods - shorter semesters and only three years not four. Before that I often cheated with boolprop to have them graduate way before they'd finished, but that gave them top skills in everything which is too easy.

As for timing, I play the equivalent of two years in uni to match the two days in the main hood.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#14102 Old 24th Jun 2018 at 12:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Orphalesion
Yeah you are of course right, but that's still 8 whole Sim days, for something I don't really enjoy playing and can just cut down to two Sim-hours with the College adjuster. In most cases my teens have already all or nearly all skills they need for their degree, so there's no stress with that either.

In any case thanks for the recommendation

Now I am wondering why you play Uni at all then. You could just set them as updated on the Bat Box and keep them in the main hood as YA doing other things.Have you tried playing uni differently? Like instead of studying have them use dormies for work, hack grades and sleep with professors.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#14103 Old 24th Jun 2018 at 12:57 AM
When installing custom stairs and such by hand (not the Scriptorium), does it go into The Sims 2 folder, or the latest EP (Mansions and Gardens) folder?

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Test Subject
#14104 Old 24th Jun 2018 at 1:32 AM
Thank you everyone who responded!
Mad Poster
#14105 Old 24th Jun 2018 at 1:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Emerald1234
how do i make a "show spoiler" ? i've forgotten but i need to upload my strangetown trading places curious makeover.

Mad Poster
#14106 Old 24th Jun 2018 at 2:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
When installing custom stairs and such by hand (not the Scriptorium), does it go into The Sims 2 folder, or the latest EP (Mansions and Gardens) folder?

Apparently it works with both. I put half of them in the base game folder and the other half in the M&G folder to test. All of them showed up properly.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Inventor
#14107 Old 24th Jun 2018 at 5:43 AM
I recently got Photoshop CS4 and I was looking around for tutorials about hair retexturing (I'm gonna use Remi's textures and colors). I was wondering if it's possible to retexture Maxis hairs, like, the actual game hairs, not Pooklet or Poppet hairs (already read tutorials covering those). If not I'm still going to recolor them to fit in with the custom hairs I have in Remi's shades.

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Scholar
#14108 Old 24th Jun 2018 at 7:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader
Do you want it to be decorative (no one uses it, you could clone an object that looks like a table) or you want only the owner to use it (you could maybe disallow visitors from using it)?

Decorative, as half the tables in this particular restaurant never get used (since seating seems to be calculated on a whichever-is-closest-to-the-host basis). I was hoping to change that with minimal aesthetic change, like an invisible object trick someone discovered or something. Maybe a second podium would work.

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Truth will not fear scrutiny.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#14109 Old 24th Jun 2018 at 7:28 AM
Use an invisible slot blocker. http://www.feenwald.de/en/specials/slotblock01.php

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#14110 Old 24th Jun 2018 at 9:13 AM
Me I love Uni and I send all of my Teens to Uni. When I am playing Uni, I like to play the Greek Houses so I have all of my Uni Students join one of the Greeks and then I rotate between the Greek Houses.

I don't do a Uni Rotation until several Playables have gone to Uni and then I do several rotations among my Greek Houses and I have several students Graduate and I either move them into a Rental house or into an existing house. I get the number of students down and then I do a Rotation of the Families in one of my Neighborhoods and send the Teens to Uni. When I get several New Students in Uni I start the cycle over again.

Basically I alternate Uni with my Neighborhood Households. I hope that I made sense.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Scholar
#14111 Old 24th Jun 2018 at 12:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Use an invisible slot blocker. http://www.feenwald.de/en/specials/slotblock01.php

Didn't work. In fact, nothing short of removing either the chair(s) or table does. I even tried surrounding one set with an invisible wall. They still looped trying to access it. Ah well, I bit the bullet and just put some chairs into inventory.

Similar question. Do sims ever start to arrive in groups at owned restaurants? Currently rank 7 with only ever solo sims visiting.

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Truth will not fear scrutiny.
Field Researcher
#14112 Old 24th Jun 2018 at 1:05 PM
I recently discovered the hack for child support made by monique (yes, I'm always late to discover the good stuff about the sims but I was late to discover the sims all together existed as a game so... duh!) and I'm wondering:
If I get this hack in my game, Don who is married to Cassandra and they have more than 700000 simoleons will have to pay child support for the children he has from his affairs with both the Caliente sisters and in the same time Cassandra will get child support for her twins from her affair with Darren Dreamer? Darren has about 1000 simoleons right now so that would be cruel for him...
Mad Poster
#14113 Old 24th Jun 2018 at 1:50 PM
Yes. The money will go to the parent with whom the child lives and it will be subtracted from the other family. You don't want to pay, don't play. (I'm talking to the dads, not to you :3 )

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
#14114 Old 24th Jun 2018 at 2:53 PM
The thread about Sim FEET got me to wanting some feet mod. I remember something about "sexy feet"..?? I don't care about sexy, but now those blocks of wood for feet bother me. BUT reason I never got the foot mod was because I have default skins; will the mod that makes feet more life-like pick up my default skin colors? And what about all the OTHER custom skin colors I have?

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#14115 Old 24th Jun 2018 at 2:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
The thread about Sim FEET got me to wanting some feet mod. I remember something about "sexy feet"..?? I don't care about sexy, but now those blocks of wood for feet bother me. BUT reason I never got the foot mod was because I have default skins; will the mod that makes feet more life-like pick up my default skin colors? And what about all the OTHER custom skin colors I have?

Yes, it does though sometimes it makes the toes a little weird because the mapping changes. It's long been a mod I can't live without AAMOF - IMO the feet look so much better. There is also an issue sometimes with any clothes skins you have that use the 'naked' foot mesh. This either means getting rid of that stuff or going through, as I did, and patiently replacing any feet-using meshes making replacement meshes for those skins affected. I think I still have one or two. It seems to affect the sports wear category the most. Undies and swimming are fine because they're usually bare feet anyway.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#14116 Old 24th Jun 2018 at 4:42 PM
I have a hair that isn't showing up correctly for the young adult stage only. Does anyone know how to enable hairs for YA?
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#14117 Old 24th Jun 2018 at 5:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
I have a hair that isn't showing up correctly for the young adult stage only. Does anyone know how to enable hairs for YA?

Aren't the heads the same as adult? Just either add the code in SimPE or use Wardrobe Wrangler.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Theorist
#14118 Old 24th Jun 2018 at 7:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Now I am wondering why you play Uni at all then. You could just set them as updated on the Bat Box and keep them in the main hood as YA doing other things.Have you tried playing uni differently? Like instead of studying have them use dormies for work, hack grades and sleep with professors.

.....oh....I can just do that? The description of the batbox made it sound like this was only good for Sims who were around before you installed university...

Yeah i tried petty much everything in Uni, it's just not my cuppa.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Mad Poster
#14119 Old 24th Jun 2018 at 7:31 PM
Yeah, I use it all the time to give moved-in townies college degrees.
Theorist
#14120 Old 24th Jun 2018 at 8:23 PM
I know there is a mod to choose gender for dormies, but is there a way to stop them from bein created at all? I wasn't sure if there was a mod to do this and the only way that I thought of was to remove any excess doors that were not in use.

Of course there is usin a smaller dorm. Problem there is that if you only had 3 or 4 YA from the hood goin to college, the smallest dorms I think are still 6 rooms. Fix, of course, would be to build it smaller, but sometimes I'm not in the mood to do that and just use the prebuilts...

I also know they could also just livin in housing .. but sometimes I want them to live in a dorm instead
Test Subject
#14121 Old 24th Jun 2018 at 9:15 PM
nodormiespawns hack by Pescado might be your saver, but it will not affect existing dormies and special students like secret society members.
Field Researcher
#14122 Old 24th Jun 2018 at 9:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity

Have you checked that you have a Property Set specially for YA, with age set to 40?
Mad Poster
#14123 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 3:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by clsve
Have you checked that you have a Property Set specially for YA, with age set to 40?

I checked that, thanks. I did and it was broken. I deleted it and set the adult one to YA as well and it now works.
Theorist
#14124 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 4:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sepowo
nodormiespawns hack by Pescado might be your saver, but it will not affect existing dormies and special students like secret society members.

I forgot 'bout that, but I already have it and I'm still havin dormies spawn. Not sure if this makes a difference or not, but it's not if someone moves out that one is spawned, but at the very beginnin when I moved my sims into a dorm for the first time.
Mad Poster
#14125 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 4:06 PM
Are you using the premade Universities? Because they have a full batch of dormies already spawned when you load it.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Page 565 of 1339