Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#26 Old 14th Feb 2012 at 10:18 PM
Oh, ok...
Guess I have to give one doing one thing.
Cause I usually play all of default hoods and the custom hoods that I create, using new SC4 Terrain, which get named as N004 and so on.
Or am I mistakenly understanding?
Advertisement
Site Helper
#27 Old 15th Feb 2012 at 12:20 AM Last edited by Mootilda : 15th Feb 2012 at 1:13 AM.
You can easily install the clean hoods and subhoods, allow all of the default neighborhoods to generate, and add the EA subhoods that you want.

Then install the empty hoods and subhoods (making sure not to overwrite the original EA shipped hoods), generate a custom neighborhood or three, add your custom subhoods, etc.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#28 Old 15th Feb 2012 at 3:01 AM
Wait, what are the differences between clean hood and empty hoods?
So, basically install clean default and subhoods -> install empty hoods -> then install my custom neighborhoods and subhoods. etc, right?
Site Helper
#29 Old 15th Feb 2012 at 3:26 AM
Clean neighborhoods contain all of the playable characters, but few of the townies. Empty neighborhoods have no sims at all. Both may also contain fixes to problems that were shipped with the neighborhoods. You might even see them called "clean and fixed" or "empty and fixed".

If you want to play the default neighborhoods, then you probably want clean neighborhoods so that you get the playable characters. If you are creating your own custom neighborhoods, then you probably want empty neighborhoods, so that your brand new neighborhood is not full of townies from the various hoods and subhoods.

You seem to have missed a few steps. After installing the clean default hood and subhoods, you'll need to give the game a chance to regenerate those neighborhoods and attach subhoods. Only after you're done with the clean templates should you uninstall the clean templates and install the empty templates, which will be used to create your custom neighborhoods and subhoods.

Installing the clean templates is a waste of time unless you plan to use them.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#30 Old 15th Feb 2012 at 4:09 AM
Oh, ok.

I do want to play both default neighborhoods and my own custom neighborhoods.

For the my own custom neighborhoods, I will be using non default SC4 Terrains.

I will be using which I made.

So, when I do it (install the clean neighborhoods and subhoods, give the game a change to regenerate those neighborhoods and attach subhoods), and uninstall the clean template and install empty templates, will the regenerated neighborhood from clean default hood and subhoods will remain there?
Site Helper
#31 Old 15th Feb 2012 at 4:41 AM
Yes, as long as you don't delete them.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#32 Old 20th Feb 2012 at 9:43 PM
Sorry for late reply.

Then what or how should I do, if I make my own custom neighborhood with non default custom sc4 terrain that I made?

Do I follow the direction of creating empty neighborhoods?
Site Helper
#33 Old 20th Feb 2012 at 9:55 PM
Basically, yes.

If you don't want all of the default townies from Pleasantview and all of the subhoods, then install empty templates.

Then, just create a custom neighborhood from the custom SC4.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#34 Old 20th Feb 2012 at 10:05 PM
Oh, ok.

So, if I want all of the default townies from all of the default neighborhood and subhoods, install clean template then create custom neighborhood from the custom SC4.

And if I don't want all of the default townies from all of the default neighborhood and subhoods, install empty template.

Right?
Site Helper
#35 Old 21st Feb 2012 at 12:04 AM
When someone creates a clean template, they rarely leave all of the townies. So, if you want them all, you'll have to see whether you can find a neighborhood which had all of the problems fixed, but none of the townies removed. I don't know of such a neighborhood.

If you install clean templates, then you will get whichever townies the individual creator decided to include with the template. If you install empty templates, then you won't get any of the default townies.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#36 Old 24th Feb 2012 at 2:19 AM Last edited by ajy0903 : 24th Feb 2012 at 2:39 AM.
Oh, ok.

What about service npc?

Would clean and empty templates creator/s include them or what?

Cause you normally needs some default npc, right?

And also, if I install clean and or empty neighborhood, will those neighborhood function as same?

I mean will the sims be able to go/have job and such?
Site Helper
#37 Old 24th Feb 2012 at 5:05 AM
The game will generate sims as needed, including townies and service NPCs. That is, unless you download a mod which stops them from generating.

Yes, of course the neighborhoods will function. Otherwise, why would anyone bother with clean and empty neighborhood templates?

I think that it's time for you to try this and see what happens.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#38 Old 24th Feb 2012 at 5:20 AM Last edited by ajy0903 : 24th Feb 2012 at 6:29 AM.
Oh, ok.

So, I have to let the game generate service NPCs.

I mean I sure will be needing butlers, nannies, landlords, maids, bartenders, and some more other important NPCs.

Will that corrupt the game (neighborhood) or what?

I'm asking all these so that I won't make mistake when I actually do it. Just making everything sure of it.
Site Helper
#39 Old 24th Feb 2012 at 5:24 PM
There's no way to guarantee that your game will not become corrupt. I've already given you the list of things which will corrupt your neighborhood. That list contains our best understanding. Avoid things on the list and your neighborhood is less likely to become corrupt.

This conversation has been going on for a long time now. My suggestion is that you create a throwaway neighborhood and try playing for a couple of days. That should answer most of your questions, except for whether your neighborhood will become corrupt, which is unanswerable.

Again, follow the procedures that we've discussed. Use empty or clean neighborhoods to avoid the corruption in the shipped neighborhoods. Avoid things in the FAQ to avoid corrupting your new custom neighborhood.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#40 Old 25th Feb 2012 at 10:58 PM Last edited by ajy0903 : 26th Feb 2012 at 12:18 AM.
Oh, ok.

So, as we discussed above, there are several instructions how to install clean and empty neighborhood/subhoods.

Which one should I follow?

Can you recommend me which one to use?
Page 2 of 2