Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Jan 2015 at 8:16 PM Last edited by Arsil : 28th Mar 2015 at 6:38 PM.
Default Rarely Cough While Eating for 1.67 (was "Gimme more of that jazz") - upload on post #7
Hello. I need a favour. If you open cleaningmop.jazz (JazzData.package) with Smooth Jazz Studio,
do you see strings or hashed codes for the actors assignments? I see hashed codes, but I think I
might have a problem with this tool. So if you instead see strings, can you please copy/paste the
code here? (only the "Assign Actor" statements, I've already figured out the rest).

The hashed codes should correspond to the source name of the clips (maybe using shortcuts
like "all") but no matter how hard I try I can't understand from which strings they come from.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 14th Jan 2015 at 8:51 PM
This is what I have, if it helps :

Nothing's real. Nothing's unreal either.
The frontier between true and untrue is a shady fuzzy line.
Destiny, or maybe the long flight's time-span, shall decide the issue.
Inventor
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Jan 2015 at 9:25 PM
Thanks a lot!
There's no crap like "Unknown value ..." etc, did you cleaned
that up or that is exactly what you get when you open it?

I'd like to ask another thing. Is there a way to change an object texture
(possibly the overlay) or maybe select the settings of an existing
preset/complate through the code? I don't want to use geostates
because I'm not able to make them and I think switching the mesh
(like modular objects) would be overkill. I'm open to other suggestions,
I'm trying to find the simplest and more effective way to change an
object appearance though an interaction.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 14th Jan 2015 at 9:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Arsil
Thanks a lot!
There's no crap like "Unknow value" etc, did you cleaned
that up or that is exactly what you get when you open it?

I'd like to ask another thing. Is there a way to change an object texture
(possibly the overlay) or maybe select the settings of an existing
preset/complate through the code? I don't want to use geostates
because I'm not able to make them and I think switching the mesh
(like modular objects) would be overkill. I'm open to other suggestions,
I'm trying to find the simplest and more effective way to change an
object appearance though an interaction.

1) No, no cleaning, I just copy/pasted what I had

2) Sorry but I know nothing about that stuff, although CAsT comes to mind when thinking about changing an object appearance, so maybe find in the code how it does that? Just throwing it out there, I might be off and probably someone with objects knowledge will know better.

Inventor
Original Poster
#5 Old 14th Jan 2015 at 9:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JunJayMdM
1) No, no cleaning, I just copy/pasted what I had

AHHHHHH, I love you and I hate you at the same time! :P
Can I ask you another favour? Can you put in an attachment (it's very big) eat.jazz in that readable format?

EDIT: your game is full patched, right?
Field Researcher
#6 Old 15th Jan 2015 at 7:12 AM
Here it is, I pasted it in a .cs file so you can open it in VS and keep the indentation

Sure, my game is fully patched. Just for completeness sake, I have all EPs but I miss some of the SPs, especially one that people believe was made with some singer in mind. That one doesn't even exist, despite what they say and what you see around, it does not exist, repeat with me : it does not exist.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  eatjazz.zip (18.8 KB, 11 downloads) - View custom content

Inventor
Original Poster
#7 Old 15th Jan 2015 at 8:37 AM Last edited by Arsil : 16th Jan 2015 at 9:43 AM.
I need another... just kidding. Thanks ^^

Damn, the program/parser sees those "suffix 0x0" as errors, so I can't package a modified script.
I'll try to replace 0x0 with the string used in the other ramification of the "Select" and see if that works.

EDIT

Mmm... let's see:
- if 0x0 is used in an "Assign Actor" statement it's fine.
- if 0x0 is used as a Slot Suffix inside a "Play" statement it's an error
- 0x0 is used as a Slot Suffix only when chopsticks are involved

Quote: Originally posted by http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Sims_3:Jazz
Slot Suffix

An optional suffix can be applied to the animation slots used in an animation. This is typically used for determining which side of the bed a sim is on, or which seat of a car or sofa they are sitting in. The suffix is defined in term of the actor name and a parameter to be used for the substitution.

EAxis tuned the coughing chance while eating unspoiled food and not being a slob as:
- 1/11 (odds 10:1) after the first bite
- 1/16 (odds 15:1) after the third bite
- you can't cough after the second or fourth (if applicable) bite
So the percentage to cough while eating a food/recipe is about 16%. Way too high in my opinion.

There is a mod by bluegenjutsu that completely removes the chance to cough but I don't
like the idea of remove it from the game. I think that once in a while, for a change, it's nice
to see a sim coughing and be surprised by that, so I reduced that chance about ten times
for unspoiled foods (now the chance to cough is about 1% for the first bite, 0.6% for the
third bite and, combined, is about 1.6%).

EDIT: I explained that poorly and wrongly. It takes more than 4 bites to eat a food (it depends
on the type of food of course). What I meant with "bites" was "single eating clips/animations".

I didn't change the percentages if the food is spoiled or sims have the slob trait.

I'm testing it and seems to work fine. If someone is interested in a mod like this and wants
to help me test it, here it is. Since eating with chopsticks is the part that worries me most,
focus on that and try it in every situation imaginable: standing, seating (no table/counter),
seating (counter), seating (table), etc.

The original idea for this mod was by TigerM.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Arsil_RarelyCoughWhileEating.package.zip (33.0 KB, 16 downloads) - View custom content