Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Sep 2015 at 9:25 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Late Night, Seasons
Default Graphics glitches on new graphics card
I recently upgraded to an AMD R9 290. After going through all the steps to get the game to recognise the card AND deleting the cache files and options.ini multiple times, I still have weird graphics bugs, which the screenshots should illustrate.
  • Windows 10 x64
  • AMD Phenom II x4 (3.4 GHz)
  • 8GB RAM
  • AMD R9 290
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Sep 2015 at 11:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Mew Mew

That didn't work.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 13th Sep 2015 at 12:24 AM
Your GPU is not compatible.

But post your deviceconfig anyways, let's take a look.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 13th Sep 2015 at 12:38 AM
Hmmm, not really sure which of the 7900 series is yours, but on this page, some are listed as ok while another is listed as "maybe" so... not really sure.

TS3 GPU requirement

Make sure you've done a complete clean run first to make sure this isn't related to anything in your user folder.

I followed your instructions, and made it recognise my R9 290 as a 7900. My PC can in theory run it perfectly.
Scholar
#8 Old 13th Sep 2015 at 12:47 AM
do a clean run as nitromon wrote and try to adjust (lower/higher - it's sometimes trial and error) settings, worth try anyway

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 13th Sep 2015 at 5:58 PM
Well, WinTen is not a good gaming platform (not to mention its egregious privacy issues), forums are rife with complaints about it, mostly regarding graphics problems. You could try different vid drivers and/or play with driver settings (particularly AA mode, from Vista on this has been an issue with some games on some systems).