Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Sep 2015 at 11:01 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Stop Inactive Sims From Becoming Performers! (Showtime Expansion)
Is there any way I can stop NPC Sims from joining a performance career (acrobat, singer .ect), When I have start a new town and get jobs for my adult Sims I slowly loose most or all of my co-workers because they become performers and I'm finding it very annoying.

Is they anything I can do short of uninstalling Showtime as I like a lot of the stuff that comes with it, maybe a mod, I've tried NRASS Story Progression but if that can help I couldn't find where. Perhaps there's another mod, surely I can't be the only one annoyed by this.

Any help would be very much appreciated, thanks.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 13th Sep 2015 at 12:16 AM
I'm no expert with NRAAS Storyprogression options, I rarely change anything but maybe this one might help if you change it to false.

Career --> Assign Self Employed Careers
Whether to assign self-employment jobs to sims
Default: True

Although it seems odd to me that they all leave for a Showtime career.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 13th Sep 2015 at 6:19 AM
You have to disallow both the careers by name and then the skill associated with each one.

NRaas > SP > Town Options > Career:Disallow > (select the three Showtime careers)
NRaas > SP > Town Options > Skill:Disallow > (select the three Showtime career skills) (SP Skill add-on module required)

Or instead of the entire town, you could impose the restrictions on just the sims or households you had in mind using Sim/Household Options.

Yet the game will still (for me, anyway) spawn up to one homeless NPC for each of the three careers. They just usually don't manage to progress very far and it tends to leave my resident co-workers alone.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 13th Sep 2015 at 11:59 AM
I'll give it ago, I tried disallowing the careers through the caste system but it didn't work though I had forgotten about the associated skills, thanks.