Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Aug 2015 at 9:52 AM
Default Help!
My sims can't seem to explore tombs in World Adventures even one they should have access to. I have no custom content in the game and always delete my cache files every time before playing. And then when I tried to send my sims back home, it took several hours. Can someone please tell me how to fix this?

Harmony
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 27th Aug 2015 at 10:26 AM
Hmm. I'd try resetting the town using Nrass Master controller. Just click on a computer>Nrass>Master Controller>Town>Reset Everything

If that doesn't work, try removing your sims 3 folder from your documents folder & start up your game to refresh everything.

AND IF THAT DOESN'T WORK, it could be a corrupted file made when installing the expansion pack. You may need to uninstall/reinstall.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 27th Aug 2015 at 12:31 PM
I found this on Crinrict's Sims 3 Help Blog

Quote:
Can’t explore the tombs
Problem:
My Sim is missing all interactions inside tombs. I can’t go anywhere or disable any traps or anything else
Cause:
This bug is caused by some routine that fires at midnight
Solution:
Going back home and go traveling again later, gets rid of the bug.
Mod that solves the problem:
Overwatch corrects the issue

I hope that helps.
You probably should also get the Nraas Traveler mod if you're going to be playing World Adventures.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#4 Old 8th Sep 2015 at 1:45 AM
Moving to Help. Please use that forum for Help questions, not Discussion.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 8th Sep 2015 at 3:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by harmonybear82
My sims can't seem to explore tombs in World Adventures even one they should have access to. I have no custom content in the game and always delete my cache files every time before playing. And then when I tried to send my sims back home, it took several hours. Can someone please tell me how to fix this? Harmony

If the other suggestions do not work is it a possibility that the tomb was previously played by your sim in that game and needs to be reset? There are a couple of tips for tombs On This Page

You mentioned no custom content in the game .. what about Mods? Do you have the NRaas mods in to keep your game cleaned out and monitored for errors?

Just a suggestion on the deleting cache files every time before playing: It is imperative when updating or adding Mods that the script cache file is cleared. There are some circumstances when it merits to clear the other cache files ... generally when testing or trying to resolve an issue. Otherwise clearing those every time a game is played will facilitate longer load times as the game has to rebuild from previous play.
If you let those cache files do their job during a few game sessions you should see a difference in performance
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 14th Sep 2015 at 12:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by barbarat
If the other suggestions do not work is it a possibility that the tomb was previously played by your sim in that game and needs to be reset? There are a couple of tips for tombs On This Page

You mentioned no custom content in the game .. what about Mods? Do you have the NRaas mods in to keep your game cleaned out and monitored for errors?

Just a suggestion on the deleting cache files every time before playing: It is imperative when updating or adding Mods that the script cache file is cleared. There are some circumstances when it merits to clear the other cache files ... generally when testing or trying to resolve an issue. Otherwise clearing those every time a game is played will facilitate longer load times as the game has to rebuild from previous play.
If you let those cache files do their job during a few game sessions you should see a difference in performance

I don't have any mods, but I'll keep that not deleting caches thing all time in mind. It's a pain anyway. Thanks for the suggestion.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 14th Sep 2015 at 12:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RoseCity
I found this on Crinrict's Sims 3 Help Blog

I hope that helps.
You probably should also get the Nraas Traveler mod if you're going to be playing World Adventures.

Well, I traveled again later and still got the same glitch. Will the mod fix it then?
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 14th Sep 2015 at 2:54 AM
Well, I traveled again later and still got the same glitch. Will the mod fix it then?

Hi harmonybear82 ... Traveler has many options but not knowing exactly what is causing the initial problem it's hard to say Traveler will fix it. The Traveler FAQ's might help you understand what the mod does.

You mentioned you do not have any custom content or mods in the game. Would you consider using some of the basic mods that clean up your game and keep your game healthy? I understand your initial problem is not being able to explore tombs but you also mentioned how long it takes to get back home. Maybe your game just needs some clean up. I do not want to push you into mods if you prefer not to but hope you will consider looking at This Document. Those mods, particularly Error Trap, Overwatch, are really a must have. If you do decide to use them it might take a couple of game sessions for everything to kick in. They will also generate script errors that can be read over at NRaas that might lead to identifying what is causing your problems.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 14th Sep 2015 at 2:23 PM
Hi harmonybear82 ... Traveler has many options but not knowing exactly what is causing the initial problem it's hard to say Traveler will fix it. The Traveler FAQ's might help you understand what the mod does.

You mentioned you do not have any custom content or mods in the game. Would you consider using some of the basic mods that clean up your game and keep your game healthy? I understand your initial problem is not being able to explore tombs but you also mentioned how long it takes to get back home. Maybe your game just needs some clean up. I do not want to push you into mods if you prefer not to but hope you will consider looking at This Document. Those mods, particularly Error Trap, Overwatch, are really a must have. If you do decide to use them it might take a couple of game sessions for everything to kick in. They will also generate script errors that can be read over at NRaas that might lead to identifying what is causing your problems.

If I can figure out how to install them, I'm willing to use them.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 14th Sep 2015 at 2:36 PM
If I can figure out how to install them, I'm willing to use them.

I installed Error Trap and Over Watch, let's hope they work....
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 14th Sep 2015 at 4:37 PM
I installed Error Trap and Over Watch, let's hope they work....

Also, wouldn't resetting the town make me have to start the family I'm playing with all over again?
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 14th Sep 2015 at 6:49 PM
Glad you're giving those a try. They sure will clean up your game. Might take a few playing sessions. Don't know if you noticed it in the Tips For Better Game Play I liked you to: There's a link in there for Kuree's Save cleaner that also does an awesome job.
Resetting the town will not make you have to start all over again but it will reset them to their lot. You do not have to include their lot in a town reset but I would suggest having the family on their lot before doing resetting. To prevent the active lot from being reset: In MC under settings change Include Active Lot In Reset Everything to False. I believe False is the default but check to make sure it's not on True.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 14th Sep 2015 at 7:03 PM
Glad you're giving those a try. They sure will clean up your game. Might take a few playing sessions. Don't know if you noticed it in the Tips For Better Game Play I liked you to: There's a link in there for Kuree's Save cleaner that also does an awesome job.
Resetting the town will not make you have to start all over again but it will reset them to their lot. You do not have to include their lot in a town reset but I would suggest having the family on their lot before doing resetting. To prevent the active lot from being reset: In MC under settings change Include Active Lot In Reset Everything to False. I believe False is the default but check to make sure it's not on True.

Okay, because while I managed to get them all home from vacation, the sims are kind of missing except one as well as their icons and whatnot .And I can't do anything with that one, much like in the tombs.
Top Secret Researcher
#14 Old 14th Sep 2015 at 7:15 PM Last edited by barbarat : 14th Sep 2015 at 7:28 PM. Reason: Added Question
On occasion when loading up the homeworld after a vacation, the game isn't loading the homeworld properly. Some effects are, inactive Sims not going to work, carpool system broken, not getting mail and other various problems. You will need to Install DebugEnabler to fix this.
Whenever you arrive back from a vacation destination use:
CityHall / Computer> Nraas> DebugEnabler> Options: CityHall / Computer> Sim> Fix Homeworld
This usually corrects any errors during the loading of your homeworld.

harmonybear82, I might have missed it in this thread so apologize if I'm duplicating here. Have you tried opening up a brand new game. Put a few sims in the new world to play with and try traveling. Play for a couple of sim days checking out tombs etc. and return home and see what happens. I do not know how long you have been playing your current world or if you are using Save As instead of always saving over the same game but your current world could be corrupted. Give a fresh world a try and report back what happens.

Edit: Did You ever try the steps for resetting a tomb that I linked to earlier?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 14th Sep 2015 at 9:54 PM
On occasion when loading up the homeworld after a vacation, the game isn't loading the homeworld properly. Some effects are, inactive Sims not going to work, carpool system broken, not getting mail and other various problems. You will need to Install DebugEnabler to fix this.
Whenever you arrive back from a vacation destination use:
CityHall / Computer> Nraas> DebugEnabler> Options: CityHall / Computer> Sim> Fix Homeworld
This usually corrects any errors during the loading of your homeworld.

harmonybear82, I might have missed it in this thread so apologize if I'm duplicating here. Have you tried opening up a brand new game. Put a few sims in the new world to play with and try traveling. Play for a couple of sim days checking out tombs etc. and return home and see what happens. I do not know how long you have been playing your current world or if you are using Save As instead of always saving over the same game but your current world could be corrupted. Give a fresh world a try and report back what happens.

Edit: Did You ever try the steps for resetting a tomb that I linked to earlier?

Honestly, I decided to have a fresh start after all.
Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 14th Sep 2015 at 11:15 PM
Honestly, I decided to have a fresh start after all.

Glad you decided to do so that is why I suggested trying a fresh game. If you have households you are attached to you can always use Porter to move them in to a nice clean town. Please do keep those NRaas Mods in. You do not need to do anything with Error Trap or Overwatch except let them do their job cleaning up and with Master Controller it takes no action unless you instruct it to.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 14th Sep 2015 at 11:48 PM
Glad you decided to do so that is why I suggested trying a fresh game. If you have households you are attached to you can always use Porter to move them in to a nice clean town. Please do keep those NRaas Mods in. You do not need to do anything with Error Trap or Overwatch except let them do their job cleaning up and with Master Controller it takes no action unless you instruct it to.

Excellent, than hopefully it'll prevent the same glitches from showing up in the future. If I can get past third generation and explore tombs, it'll be well worth the restart and all the repetitive work that came with it.

Thanks for everyone's help!
Top Secret Researcher
#18 Old 15th Sep 2015 at 1:31 AM
Excellent, than hopefully it'll prevent the same glitches from showing up in the future. If I can get past third generation and explore tombs, it'll be well worth the restart and all the repetitive work that came with it. Thanks for everyone's help!

You are welcome and don't mean to nag but make sure to try to remember to use some of the tips In The Document I Linked To Earlier rather than wait until something goes wrong. There's a lot of tips that will also prevent future problems Happy Simming.