Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Sep 2015 at 8:10 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Pets, University Life
Mod not showing up?
Hello. I am new to the forum so my apologies for any mistakes, I did the very best I could by researching everything beforehand and such.
So, today I decided to finally try getting the Violence and Aggression mod for the Sims 3. I looked up several video tutorials and the wikipage step-by-step tutorial as well.
I followed all of the steps, installed all that it asked me to, have my game up to date, put everything in the right folder and etc., but when I open the game, nothing happens, nor changes. I have the mod in the right place and everything- but cannot figure it out.
If anyone could assist me, I'd be very grateful.
Thanks!
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 19th Sep 2015 at 11:55 PM
In your mods folder do you have a packages folder and a file called Resource.cfg? When I got my first mod so many sites never mentioned that resource file and none of my mods loaded either. Once I stumbled upon that file in another mods site all my mods loaded.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 21st Sep 2015 at 7:11 PM
Also note that you must have, I believe, V1.2 or later of the game for mods to work. Even with the correct folder structure and resource.cfg installed, earlier versions of the game will not recognize mods. If this is the case, download and install the V1.64 patch and all should be well.