Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Oct 2009 at 4:33 PM
Default Social Networking / Bookmarks added
Share this / Bookmark

I've added a new menu to the site, that appears on threads and downloads, in the bottom bar. This is the "Share this" menu, and allows you to share the current download or thread on various services:

Currently the following links are setup:
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • MySpace
  • Digg
  • Delicious
  • StumbleUpon
  • Google

Obviously most of these require you to have an account on the website in question before you can post a link there. Please let me know if any of the urls are not working properly.

Social Networking

A lot of us now have various social networking pages that we would like to put on our profile. Previously there was no way to do this, however, I have now added the following profile fields to the profiles:
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • MySpace

Note that while Facebook and MySpace require the full URL to your page, the Twitter box only needs your Twitter id - the twitter.com is added to the beginning.

These fields appear on your profile, nicely linked, in the "My Profile" section on the left hand side.

I hope you enjoy the changes - feedback is much appreciated!

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
6 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
#2 Old 18th Oct 2009 at 5:44 PM
Just added my facebook link. When you say these appear "nicely linked" I assumed that would mean your could click on them? Also, oddly, although I have only provided facebook, the twitter link (empty) is also in the my profile section. Assume should only see the ones you provide?

Cheers
Mog

Mostly I fix Gameplay annoyances. I take requests and have made a few Requested mods already. Visit me on MTS Yearbook
My other projects: British High Street, Postal System for the Sims and Better Parking for Sims
Unsocialized Homeschooler
#3 Old 18th Oct 2009 at 6:32 PM
Great! I saw the FaceBook field a while back and assumed it was in the works.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#4 Old 18th Oct 2009 at 7:08 PM
Mog: Oops, that should be fixed now.

Alchemist
#5 Old 18th Oct 2009 at 11:55 PM
Awesome new addition Delphy

Everything sucks, until it doesn't.
#6 Old 19th Oct 2009 at 7:42 PM
How do I DISable Share This entries for sites that I do NOT have an account set up for?

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#7 Old 19th Oct 2009 at 10:25 PM
GeneralOD: You can't. Either get an account or ignore the links.

Lab Assistant
#8 Old 20th Oct 2009 at 11:16 AM
What an awesome site
Changes every day
Stats page's much more usefull too.
Thanks 4 all !
Scholar
#9 Old 20th Oct 2009 at 6:41 PM
Great!I have Facebook,this is amazing!
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 23rd Oct 2009 at 9:51 PM
I have just discovered this! Hehe now I can share the donwloads I like without copying the whole link Thanks!

Thanks for creating!
Feel free of kindly correcting my spelling mistakes
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
#11 Old 5th Nov 2009 at 10:34 PM
The facebook link that was working appears to have now disappeared from my "My Profile"section. Has it moved?

Mostly I fix Gameplay annoyances. I take requests and have made a few Requested mods already. Visit me on MTS Yearbook
My other projects: British High Street, Postal System for the Sims and Better Parking for Sims
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 6th Nov 2009 at 7:51 PM
Yay! Brilliant!

Go Jason English!! 1st place 24hr Solo mountain Bike world Champs! :)
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#13 Old 6th Nov 2009 at 8:42 PM
Mog: Nope, it hasn't moved. Do you have anything filled in there?

Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
#14 Old 13th Nov 2009 at 3:51 PM
Hmm, I did have, but when I looked it had gone - refilled it in and it's OK again now.

Test Subject
#15 Old 20th Feb 2010 at 10:02 AM Last edited by mehof : 20th Feb 2010 at 10:05 AM. Reason: Just plain getting senile in my old age.
Nice job with the social networking , I've added my MySpace url to my profile. Although, I'm not crazy about being dropped from the site because I didn't happen to log in for about 6 months.

However, policy is policy and I do understand the reasons behind it. I, myself, happen to be a moderator and submitted content tester for a strategy war game fan site much like this one . I am happy that I was able to have my old username back, many sites don't give you that option.

You all are doing a very nice job with the site and I do like many of the new features . It is nice to see the site adapt to the new changes that have come about with the release of Sims3. I'll be buying my copy of the Sims3 game next month.
Test Subject
#16 Old 22nd Jul 2010 at 6:48 PM
I have Facebook, Twiitter and google this are amazing For me. I like this kind of social networking site where I can out our question and then our friends can gives the answer of that question and easy to chat with them.