Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Banned
#51 Old 13th Mar 2012 at 6:30 AM
Quote:
Since when do giant fruits count as "fantasy"?

Fruits are typically the size of your fist, you see.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#52 Old 13th Mar 2012 at 7:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Zokugai
...but IKEA was the best stuffpack Sims ever had.

I don't have this stuff pack on TS2 but I knew it.
Indeed, it should be the best for TS2. I mean, IKEA.. furniture store from Sweden. :D
Retired
retired moderator
#53 Old 13th Mar 2012 at 7:27 AM
Quote:

You're right, fists're roughly the same size as a watermelon.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Mad Poster
#54 Old 13th Mar 2012 at 7:31 AM
Katy Parry stuff pack, how lame -_-

If they want to use celebrities, then why not somebody cool, like an Obama stuff-pack. Now with 50% more liberal ideas.

I can over-look the whole Katy Perry name on the box, if the items are good, and not just giant fruit, or sparkly bikini like tiny clothing.
Test Subject
#55 Old 13th Mar 2012 at 7:34 AM
God,

no offence, but you people are so gullible. Anyone could fake those pics which the op calls "proof". Another thing is even if it is true, why now after all this time are you saying "im not buying any more sims games or whatever by EA", I haven't bought any EA game since Late night because I realised EA's games are horrible and pretty sure a ton of us have, but only now after all this time of horrible game you are saying no more. Anyway this is my opinion the end.

Cya.
Retired
retired moderator
#56 Old 13th Mar 2012 at 7:41 AM
Quote:
If they want to use celebrities, then why not somebody cool, like an Obama stuff-pack. Now with 50% more liberal ideas.

Right, because Obama's so liberal. :/ I want a Bill Murray-themed SP.

Or better yet, an entire EP based on Emma Thompson's career.

Forum Resident
#57 Old 13th Mar 2012 at 7:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ani_

I actually like this idea. The next one can be Putin's.
Inventor
#58 Old 13th Mar 2012 at 8:16 AM
It would have been easier to swallow if it was a whole slew of celebrity wears, such as Pink, Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, Niki Minaj, Bieber... and those are literally the only big names in music that I know right now that have anything to do with fashion. Avril's sort of scene/punk/harajuku stuff would be fun as well as Gwen Stefani's No Doubt days. Maybe call it "Spotlight Fashion Stuff" or something like that. I dunno.

But JUST Katy Perry? =/

Shy, Clumsy, Insane, Artistic, Hopeless Romantic, Cat Person, Supernatural Fan

Art tumblr
deviantart
Scholar
#59 Old 13th Mar 2012 at 8:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AdamantEve

Lack of realism does not = the genre "Fantasy".

Snickerson: a Random Legacy Challenge. There are zebras involved. Zebras.
Field Researcher
#60 Old 13th Mar 2012 at 9:28 AM
Since when do giant fruits count as "fantasy"?

"James and the Giant Peach" by Roald Dahl
Retired
retired moderator
#61 Old 13th Mar 2012 at 9:39 AM
OMG. If this SP allowed us to build a giant peach, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Mad Poster
#62 Old 13th Mar 2012 at 9:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by QueenJimmyIV
It would have been easier to swallow if it was a whole slew of celebrity wears, such as Pink, Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, Niki Minaj, Bieber... and those are literally the only big names in music that I know right now that have anything to do with fashion. Avril's sort of scene/punk/harajuku stuff would be fun as well as Gwen Stefani's No Doubt days. Maybe call it "Spotlight Fashion Stuff" or something like that. I dunno.

But JUST Katy Perry? =/

Yes, but they already gave us an entire EP dedicated to showbusiness, shouldn't they be giving us an SP based on something else?
Forum Resident
#63 Old 13th Mar 2012 at 10:09 AM
It's such a disappointment.
Mad Poster
#64 Old 13th Mar 2012 at 11:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by noxnoxnox
I actually like this idea. The next one can be Putin's.

Putin, Horse riding edition
Scholar
#65 Old 13th Mar 2012 at 12:15 PM
I love Katy Perry, yes. But EA! Y U ABUSE KATY?! WTH with this SP? -_-

Hey there! :)
Banned
#66 Old 13th Mar 2012 at 4:16 PM
The simplest solution seems to be not to buy it.
Scholar
#67 Old 13th Mar 2012 at 4:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AdamantEve
The simplest solution seems to be not to buy it.

We're not idiots, thank you, we're aware of that option. If the fact that we're discussing it before we decide not to buy it annoys you so much, there's other threads you can read instead.

Instructor
#68 Old 13th Mar 2012 at 4:43 PM
Ikea and H&M were stuff you can use for any of your sims. Ikea = furniture and H&M = fashion. At one point I was using Ikea furniture exclusively in my sims homes and the H&M clothing was the only EA made clothes I would put on my sims.

Katy Perry, well what does she represent? Fashion? (not really) Glitter & Glamour? Celeb lifestyle? Don't we already have EPs and SPs covering those themes? Also, isn't it funny how she's endorsing SHT and has her own SP yet they didn't include ANY of her music in the game? I guess that says it all.

Quote:
See, that's why you need to be more like me. It's pretty obvious that I'm a big, terrible, mean person. If somebody says I am a terrible, mean person, I will just grin evilly....and be mean to them! It's good to be bad. *J.M. Pescado*
Scholar
#69 Old 13th Mar 2012 at 4:56 PM
She probably didn't want to commit that thoroughly to EA. That would require she give EA partial publishing rights to her music.

Mad Poster
#70 Old 13th Mar 2012 at 5:34 PM
She probably didn't want to commit that thoroughly to EA. That would require she give EA partial publishing rights to her music.

Wouldn't that be simlish music that probably no one outside the sims community would want to listen to?
Test Subject
#71 Old 13th Mar 2012 at 6:24 PM
I don't like katy perry neither know songs far away from 'Fireworks' and Hot n' Cold, that are very famous on tv, the problem comes when the customer knows that they might splitted the whole of showtime to get profits.

What EA should do, is to create 2 SP, this KP stuff and another normal stuff like someones says, IKEA or anything nice but please no more Hight Life related things.

About nor buying, if I don't buy something, i get it anyways by downloading or getting from a friend, but the real problem comes with the target. In theory more than the 70% of the real target of Sims are girls (any range of age) and childs, the other 30% is the rest of options, boys and hardcore gamers, so, if EA is a 'REAL' company they make market studies and of course, seeing that the Katy perry related stuff market is bigger than the others, and again, the childs ask for these games to their parents, and they buy it, leaving the users like us desiring for something better and different from this 'KP stuff'. And again, a child don't worry about bugs or being cheated by a company, he just wants to play a nice game with bunnies and shit.

In less terms, making complots again EA, or don't buy a game, makes no difference in the profits of this company, because behind us, there about 10 people that buy the game and say 'this game is great'.
Forum Resident
#72 Old 13th Mar 2012 at 6:36 PM
Am I the only one who still hasn't heard an Katy Perry song? Everytime I try to check her out on youtube, I get side tracked and end up listening to Adele or something. Anyway is Oogie Oogie Og from Showtime one of her songs?
Scholar
#73 Old 13th Mar 2012 at 6:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by game90
In some countries consumer law dictates companies to honor deals in such situations (mistake in pricing, etc). Remember a while back, there was a website glitch which allowed Australian users to get free games from Origin? EA had to honor them.

Are you kidding? haha, man, I wish that glitch had happened where I am...

THE CAT HAIR WIZARD
Instructor
#74 Old 13th Mar 2012 at 6:40 PM
What?? They put "Oogie Oogie Ooh" back in?? If it's the same song, that's from The Sims Online's "Disco" station and was my favorite song EVER!!

Damn, that might be enough for me to actually buy the freakin' EP.

Cagley Family Legacy (A Random Legacy Challenge)
Retired
retired moderator
#75 Old 13th Mar 2012 at 6:55 PM
Oogie oogie oo, ah-ah oogie oo oo! Oogie oogie oo, ah-ah oogie oo oo!

God. It's pretty much the best worst thing ever. Or vice versa.

Page 3 of 9