Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
#376 Old 13th Aug 2008 at 9:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by treeag
Don't they work well together? I think they do

After a zillion patches LOL
Advertisement
Scholar
#377 Old 13th Aug 2008 at 9:48 PM
ive never had bugs exept for pets but yay anyway! :D
( AND I AM *STILL* WAITING FOR THEM TO FIX THE DAMNED CORNER SHOWER SO IT CAN ACCEPT RECOLORS!!!!)
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#378 Old 13th Aug 2008 at 10:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Night Racer
ive never had bugs exept for pets but yay anyway! :D
( AND I AM *STILL* WAITING FOR THEM TO FIX THE DAMNED CORNER SHOWER SO IT CAN ACCEPT RECOLORS!!!!)

You'll be waiting a long time. Maxis never made any of their non-designables recolourable, it was Numenor who did that!
Scholar
#379 Old 13th Aug 2008 at 10:25 PM
the base game corner shower/ not K&B
i place it and try ot give it one of its default recolors, nothing. i pick the recolor before i place it, nothing. meh.
anyway; im one of the few lucky ones that dont have any issues with securom. i wonder why some people get issues and others dont >_>
#380 Old 14th Aug 2008 at 1:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by JujuTS2
Don't be afraid, I think the fansites were too focused on the apartment, playground and witch features, they missed the baby stuff !

I don't think that's the case. Snooty said he specifically looked for the baby items and they were not there.

It would be great if we got a baby/toddler stuff pack with lots of new toys (like those plastic outdoor playhouses or mini slides for the toddlers) and maybe like a little sandbox or even a wading pool. That would be great. And there's nothing saying it couldn't happen. True, stuff packs usually don't have new animations, but they can do it. I think they just saved the objects with new animations for EPs because they get more money that way. But now that they've said there will be no more EPs, it's possible to get a stuff pack with objects with completely new animations. Of course, I have a feeling they'll just release the objects on the store for way more than it's worth because they know people will pay for it. I won't, though. I don't have a credit card and there's no way I'd buy any objects that require the EA Downloader, so unless they start letting us get normal .package files, I won't pay for them.
Forum Resident
#381 Old 14th Aug 2008 at 3:23 AM
where does it say that snooty said that he looked for baby items and did not find any it does not say that on his review
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#382 Old 14th Aug 2008 at 4:14 AM
Probably in Snooty's AL review.
Theorist
#383 Old 14th Aug 2008 at 4:52 AM
No snooty didn't say that, he said he looked for toddlers stuff but didn't find any other than the spring rider
Forum Resident
#384 Old 14th Aug 2008 at 7:21 AM
so the infant stuff can still be there since they not toddlers
#385 Old 14th Aug 2008 at 9:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by treeag
No snooty didn't say that, he said he looked for toddlers stuff but didn't find any other than the spring rider

But there was a screenshot showing the baby/toddler section of Buy mode and those two items weren't there. And that's where they'd be, in the section with the cribs, changing tables and high chairs. And anyway, someone asked in one of the chats if there were any new objects for babies or toddlers and they just said the spring rider.
Theorist
#386 Old 15th Aug 2008 at 4:01 AM
Yes shortyboo, they showed us the kids/misc section, that's why we were hoping the toys are in the kids/hobbies section. One can hope.....
Instructor
#387 Old 15th Aug 2008 at 10:49 AM
You know, if they took them out for whatever reason it would be nice if they would just be up front about it with the fans. The chats would have been a perfect time for this. I mean it is obvious that most everyone knows that the items were in the game at some point. So it's not like something they put in and then later took out before anyone knew about it. If they just said something like, the objects had problems and we didn't have time to fix them, or we are saving those items for a SP...the store...whatever. You know...I would much prefer the baby things to be in AL, but if the EAoids said they would be available later under another SP or something...I'd actually feel better knowing I could get them at a later date. I think at this point the thing that irks me most is just the complete lack of anyone addressing this. (If they aren't trying to keep it a secret...which it looks less and less like.)

Dream
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#388 Old 15th Aug 2008 at 11:17 PM
I know, I hate EA's annoying secretive routine.
Alchemist
#389 Old 16th Aug 2008 at 12:11 AM
Does anyone know if skill building at the libraries is possible now? Otherwise, they are pointless. I have a hack for skill building on community lots in my game now, but I'm hoping if they're coming out with libraries they will be smart enough to make that a part of this EP.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#390 Old 16th Aug 2008 at 2:23 AM
I hope for that, too, it would be nice.
#391 Old 16th Aug 2008 at 8:47 AM
Actually I don't think so, they would tell us in one of the previews otherwise.
Sockpuppet
#392 Old 16th Aug 2008 at 10:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by coltraz
Does anyone know if skill building at the libraries is possible now? Otherwise, they are pointless. I have a hack for skill building on community lots in my game now, but I'm hoping if they're coming out with libraries they will be smart enough to make that a part of this EP.

No, it doesn't change !

Scarlett2311 (Aug 7, 2008 6:07:52 PM)
How will libraries work?

MaxoidLakshmi (Aug 7, 2008 6:07:52 PM)
There is a community lot in Belladonna Cove which is a library, as in it's a building with many books. We haven't added any new library functionality.
#393 Old 16th Aug 2008 at 12:49 PM
That's ridiculous, what's the point of building libraries then?
Alchemist
#394 Old 16th Aug 2008 at 7:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simsgirl2
That's ridiculous, what's the point of building libraries then?

Exactly. No point to it whatsoever. I already have built libraries that Sims can actually, you know, study in. Hope my hack for it gets updated quick, or just doesn't effect anything...
Sockpuppet
#395 Old 16th Aug 2008 at 9:02 PM
Just modders can realize your request !
EAxis never looks back and never fix bugs, didn't you know it ?

EDIT: If they did it, TS2 become better than TS3 !
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#396 Old 17th Aug 2008 at 2:49 AM
Yeah, TS2 has so much potential and room for improvement. It's like EA just practically let this game go.
Sockpuppet
#397 Old 20th Aug 2008 at 7:35 AM
Today, the Games Convention 2008 in Leipzig, Germany begins !

So we'll see some preview of EP8 AL and TS3 !
Sockpuppet
#398 Old 21st Aug 2008 at 6:48 AM
Here they are there are 9 pages of new pics.
http://pc.ptgamers.com/galeria.asp?...ipo=Screenshots
Mad Poster
#399 Old 21st Aug 2008 at 7:02 AM
cool pics - but who the heck was playing that game - the stats were always down
AL looks seriously nice. I like the rope jumping option
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#400 Old 21st Aug 2008 at 11:02 PM
Yes. I'm still bummed that adults can't go on the slide, at least the slide. I figure if they could go on it in Seasons, why not in this one? I sense a hack awaiting in the near future. Oh well, the playground will still be usable for children and teens, that's at least 23 Sim days worth of playing with these new playground objects.
Page 16 of 19