Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Feb 2012 at 12:58 AM
Default Twallan's relativity mod
I'm wondering, what speed to you guys set your game to? I set mine to 10 (0.27 the normal speed) I know that seems a little slow but it annoyed me so much that my sim would have to wake up at like 5am to cook breakfast and have bath/shower before work.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 8th Feb 2012 at 1:56 AM
I set it normal during the mornings, and just 20% slower starting from 3 pm to 12 am.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 8th Feb 2012 at 1:58 AM
3 all day except for rabbit hole jobs and sleep, and sometimes normal when skilling/tasking just to make it go faster. But for everything else, 3 (0.8 slower).
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 8th Feb 2012 at 3:18 AM
Depends. If I'm playing a single sim, I might set it to something like 20-25. If I'm playing a couple/family (and I usually do) than I set it to 15, or 10 if I have a large family. I set it to normal speed between about 11:00 P.M. and 5:00 A.M. so sleeping doesn't take forever.

Quote: Originally posted by soylentfiend
3 all day except for rabbit hole jobs and sleep, and sometimes normal when skilling/tasking just to make it go faster. But for everything else, 3 (0.8 slower).

Wow, three is pretty extreme. Are there any noticeable glitches or bugs when you set it that low (aside from the usual skill/task bar jumping)? I've thought about going slower than 10, but I'm afraid something might get messed up by going that low.
Scholar
#5 Old 8th Feb 2012 at 3:26 AM
20...and an awesome mod it is!!
Field Researcher
#6 Old 8th Feb 2012 at 3:46 AM
I prefer a setting of about 18 or so. A little slower, so I can get them up and dressed and out the door to school and work and still have a reasonable time for afterschool job, skilling and dinner before bedtime.
Forum Resident
#7 Old 8th Feb 2012 at 9:49 AM
I use variable speeds: 37 (original) from 10PM to 6AM, 22 for 6AM-10AM, 30 10AM-3PM, and 15 3PM-10PM. On weekends I change the speed for 10-3 to 22; having a fast speed during the weekday does mean if a sim isn't in a rabbithole job they get less done, but I feel it's a better compromise than having it set at a lower speed constantly.

I did try going over 37 during the night, but I found that once it hit 10PM things went by too fast (and one sim I had in the Medical career was on call and only made it to the building once the shift was half-over).

Angelos Town Prosperity updated 11th June 2012. | Albion Falls BACC updated 25th April 2011.

Watch my Livesimming Channel -- 17th June 6PM GMT (2PM EST) Cresdale: Rules and Regulations (Part 2)
Instructor
#8 Old 8th Feb 2012 at 11:38 AM
Yeah, I use variable speeds too throughout the day. Mornings (or sleepy time) goes by faster at about 39-40 while normal daytime goes by slowly 32'ish. I think I have weekends even slower at like 29.

What do you guys do with some of the more advanced options? Is there a way to make things like energy and bladder slower? I haven't spent enough time to understand the advanced stuff.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 8th Feb 2012 at 3:47 PM
Mine is set to 19.
Instructor
Original Poster
#10 Old 8th Feb 2012 at 4:12 PM

Wow, 3 D: I thought I was going a bit mental with 10 LOL.
Theorist
#11 Old 8th Feb 2012 at 4:56 PM
Do you suppose they meant 30? That's what I set mine on and it's around 80 percent slower.

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Mad Poster
#12 Old 8th Feb 2012 at 5:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tangie0906
Do you suppose they meant 30? That's what I set mine on and it's around 80 percent slower.

No, Soylent is clearly hard core compared to the lot of us.
Instructor
Original Poster
#13 Old 8th Feb 2012 at 6:11 PM
I was playing it with the default speed earlier. Ugh, I can't deal with it anymore
Instructor
#14 Old 8th Feb 2012 at 7:32 PM
I never really thought that this mod appealed to me, until reading this thread..

I kind of like the challenge of trying to cram everything into such short amounts of time (although I do have my life spans set pretty high to compensate), but it is a bit ridiculous at times. Having someone in the house to get up at 3am just to start making breakfast, and everyone else has to get up between then and 5ish in staggered 30-minute increments to make sure everyone gets to take a shower and have time to eat before leaving for school/work.... yeah. I'm going to go have a look at his page now ;P

waiter, there's a conundrum in my soup
The Adom Legacy
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 8th Feb 2012 at 7:36 PM
Haha, not hardcore. I change it from 0 (normal time on the prompt) to 3, instead of intervals. I don't use the 37 is normal time part.
Mad Poster
#16 Old 8th Feb 2012 at 8:00 PM
Haha, not hardcore. I change it from 0 (normal time on the prompt) to 3, instead of intervals. I don't use the 37 is normal time part.

Ahhhh...I see... lol
Alchemist
#17 Old 8th Feb 2012 at 8:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PunkyBreester
I never really thought that this mod appealed to me, until reading this thread..

I kind of like the challenge of trying to cram everything into such short amounts of time (although I do have my life spans set pretty high to compensate), but it is a bit ridiculous at times. Having someone in the house to get up at 3am just to start making breakfast, and everyone else has to get up between then and 5ish in staggered 30-minute increments to make sure everyone gets to take a shower and have time to eat before leaving for school/work.... yeah. I'm going to go have a look at his page now ;P

Yeah me too. I guess if you don't use it, you don't know what you're miissing
Theorist
#18 Old 8th Feb 2012 at 11:47 PM
I just recently started using it and at first I couldn't find anything that explained what numbers to enter so it just sat in my mods folder. All I could find was there were 37 game engine tics in a minute and, well, I slowly caught on after seeing the numbers others were using.

It makes time seem to pass at what feels like a more normal pace, if that makes any sense. I hadn't yet considered changing the numbers throughout the day based on what the sims were doing, but I may try that. Even turning it down just 20% makes the time when taking classes, sleeping, or RH work more of a drag, although I may not mind that when I have multiple sims to control in the household.

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Instructor
#19 Old 9th Feb 2012 at 11:42 PM
I use intervals, slower from 6 am to 10 pm, faster from 10 pm to 6 am. The numbers really depend on the house and family size. If it's a huge family (I have four or five that have 10+ members), it's slower during the intervals than if it's a single sim. Love the mod - saved the game for me. Taking two hours to pick up their children was driving me bonkers.

"Books don't take time away from us ... They give it back. In this age of abstraction, of multitasking, of speed for speed's sake, they reintroduce us to the elegance - and the relief! - of real tick-tock time." - Home Safe, Elizabeth Berg
Forum Resident
#20 Old 10th Feb 2012 at 9:17 AM
M-F: 0000-0600: 37
M-F: 0600-0900: 18 (i.e. half-speed)
M-F: 0900-1400: 37
M-F: 1400-0000: 18
S-U: 0000-0000: 18

Slow in the morning to get ready and so the kids actually get into school on time. I might even do: M-F: 0800-0900: 9, 'cause the kids are always late.

Go suck an elf...
Instructor
Original Poster
#21 Old 10th Feb 2012 at 5:20 PM
Ugh, I hated how my one kid was always late for school. All he would do was have a shower
Test Subject
#22 Old 10th Feb 2012 at 11:31 PM
I usually run mine at 15 during the day and disable it at night. I tend to play large families though so it makes managing them easier. I disable it during school/working hours if all my sims work rabbithole jobs but I usually have one sim work from home.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 11th Feb 2012 at 11:24 PM
Default Twallans Mods/master controller
I hope that it gets a full revamped update for Showtime.. I want all my CC to work with Showtime as well asap.. I'm afraid I'll have to delete most of the DLC then re-install as the authors patch their work.. I really like the fact some mods work even w/o patches so I hope my awesome food replacator will work regardless.. I remember when I upgraded to a new EP the replicator forced my game to crash.. I hope that never happens again. Maybe in the showtime EP they can learn to speed up the load times, have an option so I don't have to use Nointro mods..
Instructor
#24 Old 12th Feb 2012 at 2:12 AM
Questions?
What does everyone set for things like Motive Delta Factor or Relative Motives? I'd like the time to be slightly slower but it seems like Energy is still depleting fast.
Forum Resident
#25 Old 13th Feb 2012 at 4:36 AM
How do you guys actually set this mod up? I use it if I send my sims to the club, or if I'm giving a party at my house. But how do you guys set it up where it automatically kicks in without you going into the menu to set it? Also how do you guys keep it where they skill ( the sims)at the EA default time level? I've noticed when using relativity when you try to do skill building it slows down with time. Or is that just how this mod is?
Page 1 of 2