Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Nov 2014 at 3:49 PM
vacation sims 3
hey is there a mod were sims in sims 3 can go on vacation to a different town without loose relationships and their house? thank you
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 8th Nov 2014 at 4:20 PM
I don't believe there's a way to do it without mods. You need World Adventures and NRaas Traveler.
Alchemist
#3 Old 8th Nov 2014 at 5:15 PM
It will work also without World Adventures, if you just have one of the following EP's:

University
Island Paradise
Into the Future
Scholar
#4 Old 8th Nov 2014 at 5:25 PM
I would also recommend downloading Ziwa Bonde and Suvadiva Resort by Nixils that were made to look like a travel destination (if you use nraas traveller, of course).
Theorist
#5 Old 8th Nov 2014 at 7:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by varpunen
It will work also without World Adventures, if you just have one of the following EP's:

University
Island Paradise
Into the Future

ok so ... how do you go on vacation to those places or do you need NRAAS Traveller Mod?

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
One Minute Ninja'd
#6 Old 8th Nov 2014 at 7:31 PM Last edited by eskie227 : 8th Nov 2014 at 7:31 PM. Reason: typo
Quote: Originally posted by lisfyre
ok so ... how do you go on vacation to those places or do you need NRAAS Traveller Mod?

Well, for Uni you enroll in school, skip class, and treat it as a vacation, bedding down all the college kids, and for ITF, you just use the Time Travel thingy that always pops up in the most inconvenient spot of your lot at the start of a new game.

As for IP, I had no idea it was enabled for vacations other than through Traveler, as I didn't think the resorts worked like base camps in WA. But for the hell of it, next time I play, I'll pretend to go on vacation and see if it pops up as an option when I click on Travel (I haven't traveled on vacation in like forever without Traveler, so maybe IP does allow for it, and I just never realized it).
Theorist
#7 Old 8th Nov 2014 at 7:56 PM
Thanks eskie227 I got Uni about a month ago and I'm having loads of fun with that. I'm sending all my existing sims in all worlds to Uni and changing their careers and adding traits. Loads of fun there. I don't have ITF and I'm probably never going to get it. There are some things I want from that EP but not enough to own it at this time. If I hold out long enough I might get the whole TS3 set in a TS3UC somewhere down the road. For now, I'm happy with what I have - WA, LN, Gen, Seasons, AMB, UL and IP and no SP's. My game is perfect for my game style.

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Alchemist
#8 Old 8th Nov 2014 at 8:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lisfyre

Just meant that those EP's hold the same coding as WA, which means that the Traveler isn't restricted having to own WA anymore. Works without it, as well.